Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024
This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have tried every method possible to log into my account over the past two days.

I have been calling for the past two days to get support.

I finally got through...spent 25 minutes on phone with support person David.

I have attempted to reset my password COUNTLESS TIMES. At their requests, I have opened different browsers (4 of them) and attempted to reset on two different machines. Still nothing is working.

I am currently outside the Yosemite Valley area. He suggests that something may be happening on my end blocking the reset attempts. I will go to another location, and another computer...and try again. Otherwise, he told me there is nothing they can do.

Are they fvcking with me??? Nothing they can do? Someone can not manually reset a password and email it to me??? I got their links to reset sent to my email. Everything else "appears" to be working fine.

But even after I confirm all my security information there is nothing they can do...per David.

This is becoming a nightmare.

Domain summit 2024

dejanlesi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
transfer all your domains out of moniker as soon as your problem is resolved. pick a registrar with two factor authentication and one where there's been no data breach recently like some have had.

started a thread right here not long ago asking dnf folks if uniregistry is now the most secure apart from fabulous. may be worth paying uniregistry's pricing which is quite high.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
transfer all your domains out of moniker as soon as your problem is resolved. pick a registrar with two factor authentication and one where there's been no data breach recently like some have had.

started a thread right here not long ago asking dnf folks if uniregistry is now the most secure apart from fabulous. may be worth paying uniregistry's pricing which is quite high.
you can get discount pricing with uniregistry if you move a lot of domains to them.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gerry,try logging in with Chrome instead of IE

make sure you're using the 8 digit user id

Good Luck!

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
moniker interface is shitty with all browsers but esp. chrome.-
new account number (8 digit) they gave everyone after website changed made any past account number (and user id picked by customer) invalid.- they had told me user id picked by me before changes would keep working. it does not.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gerry,try logging in with Chrome instead of IE

make sure you're using the 8 digit user id

Good Luck!
I had used FF, IE, Chrome, Safari, and one other that escapes me...on three different computers. Emptied cache on two of them.

Nothing, absolutely nothing was working. I then spent the next day trying to figure out what was going on.

I ended up taking my log in user ID and breaking it down in its parts. What moniker failed to tell me over the phone and via email was WHICH LETTERS were capitalized and which ones were not. Not ONCE did David mention this. Numerous times he and I both s-p-e-l-l-e-d out the user ID.

I guess its my fault for not specifying. But the user ID is 19 letters/numbers/characters long. I only discovered this when I attempted to search all former emails received and sent to moniker. In one of those emails I noticed to whom the email was sent...my user ID...and noticed some punctuation variances.

Now, check this out...I mentioned that if I could not get into my account on my own I was going to call back and give them my credit card number so they could renew my names for me.

Read - this - closely...

I was told that they were not set up to do this.

Seriously???? A company is not set up to take a credit card number via telephone for billing. I asked him what was I supposed to do? He said I needed to keep trying because they have done everything they could.

BTW...you may see one of the names in an upcoming issue of DNjournal.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker is insane. The user ID I chose used to work caps or no caps, like all user IDs should. But that was prior to June 2014 or so which is when they decided to remodel the site. Now and then you find some websites where the capitalization has to be exactly as you set it up the day you chose your log in ID (ParkingCrew demands that for example) but this is wrong, only passwords should be cap sensitive, never log in IDs. Furthermore, why would they change the system after site remodeling and start with restrictions for upper and lower casing for customers' IDs, again they used to work perfectly regardless of caps or no caps before site was redone. Also, it surprises me they do not have an answer as to why the newly assigned Customer # is not working for you. IE, why even try the user ID when they recently gave everybody new acct #s ? I have tried all browsers and Chrome works well, Firefox does the job too, so does Safari. IE should work too but it is less secure. You can't mess with an insecure browser to access Moniker, do not use it, ie Moniker still doesn't have a double verification system which they needed years ago. As to Opera, I normally do not use it much for domaining. Good luck !

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom