Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DotMatrix

logo
hi,

i own affiliateguide.org and was wondering if someone could design me a logo for the site in exchange for a banner on the site.

any takers??

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Erm...
you try to sell that domain in the "domains for sale" section; now what is a banner good for if the domain is sold?

D

DotMatrix

because if i dont get any offers then i wont be selling it will i ...

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah but why should someone put in all the effort and work to make you a good logo with only "payment" being the banner on your site when the site might get sold tomorrow?

D

DotMatrix

if the site got sold i would paypal some money to the person who made the logo.
if the logo was really good then i'd develop the !

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotMatrix ...nice try but it dosent work that way..you need to offer something up front..pleant here have many talents you dont have (many talents I dont have ) ..Cash, DNPoints etc..

make an effort and you'll get a response..

Good Luck...

D

DotMatrix

how about all of my DNCash and as i said earlier a banner on the page.

D

DotMatrix

thats alli have to offer at the moment and i'll even put a link to the designers page on the main page as well

D

DotMatrix

ive decided i'll be developing the site as it could produce quite a bit of revenue + i think it would get quite a few of visitors.
so the logo definatly wouldnot go to waste.
can someone get a moderator or admin to delete my forsale post please as i wont be needing it :) and imworking on developing the site as i speak

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
im not sure what your looking for in a logo or whatever but if you need a hand give me a pm :)

also, i dont think theres any need for the tone that was present in this thread - i dont think dotmatrix was trying to scam someone, maybe he should have made it more clear he was developing the site but i dont think that unhelpful and cheeky replies will benefit any members here

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wasn't cheeky replies - just asking what sense it makes to create a logo for a domain that gets sold tomorrow.

As some might now,i've created quite a few logos for free just to get things started and to build up a "clients" portfolio; all those were based on "link/banner for logo" agreements.And everybody was VERY satisfied with the work i've delivered so far.

Now the downside is - 80% of the sites i have created the logos for are still not online yet or are not available anymore - although with some its like 6 months ago that i created the logos.

Which means i've put a lot of work and energy in creating those logos - and people dun even care to put up their site.

Wasted time.

Not saying errybody is like that but that's the reason for asking straight questions sometimes just to find out if the person asking for a free logo is serious or not.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no fair point - the best thing to do when designing a free logo is to ask to see other websites on that persons portfolio

if those sites arent up to much or are underdeveloped then it might be a waste of time

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well sometimes you just trust people...
Anyway, all i asked was why creating a logo when the domain is up for sale - usually to have a domain up for sale means the owner doesn't have intentions to develop it further.
To ask that question makes perfectly sense and is in no way cheeky or anything when it's based on a link/banner agreement.
PERIOD

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PERIOD!!
he stated that he needed a logo for the 'site'
i think it was obvious that he was developing the domain but thats just my opinion

i know he didnt make it clear what he was offering but I do agree with what your saying though

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last comment on that:
You might have missed the fact that while asking for a logo here at the same time he offered the domain on the "domains for sale" section - that's why.
:)

D

DotMatrix

hi ,

erm wow that was quiet a debate lol

fonz ive had a go at a logo ( but it looks crap lol)
you can view it on my site www.affilaiteguide.org
the 1st page of the site is up and running and will be launched next week. if you can help either with a logo or with the site at all please let me know as i will need a lot of help with it .
if you want i will donate all of my forum bucks to you but apart from that i dont have anything else to offer ( although i will add a banner linked to your site)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators