Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Looking for advice with EBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am looking for advice on what to do with a recent EBay auction. I found a used laptop, with all the specs, great price, and shipping to meet my needs. The seller offered paying through paypal, which with all it's problems I use for both receiving and sending money, as well as the fact that I got a holiday discount this way. After winning the auction, with no other bidders, I paid immediately. The seller contacted me saying that he has a problem using Paypal, since they won't wire his money to Egypt, although his profile said he was from Florida. In any case he asked me to take my money back, and either send by money gram or Western Union, while I responded that he should open an account with Moneybookers since they can wire to Egypt. He hasn't gotten back to me for over a day.

Question: What should I do?

Domain Days 2024

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would bet money the listing is fraudulent. Don't ever send money via Money Gram or Western Union for an eBay item!

eBay has probably already administratively removed the listing. Conact PayPal immediately and get your money back and forget you ever saw that listing.

I am telling you... it is fraud!

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would bet money the listing is fraudulent. Don't ever send money via Money Gram or Western Union for an eBay item!

eBay has probably already administratively removed the listing. Conact PayPal immediately and get your money back and forget you ever saw that listing.

I am telling you... it is fraud!

I cancelled payment, listening to your advice. I thought if he agreed to pay by moneybookers I could pay $3 for escrow, although he hasn't gotten back to me.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PayPal's phone support is 1-888-221-1161

Great job fab, you will be glad you cancelled your payment. If the listing is still active (on the site), I would recommend you report it to eBay.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
many red flags here , "great price" , "profile says florida but is in egypt" , "no other bidders" , stay away.

Domain Jedi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eBay does have a Standard Purchase Protection Program that may cover you up to $175 of your purchase.

I would personally report the seller and item number to eBay for review.

If anything, the seller is in violation because they aren't able to accept PayPal thus they aren't abiding by the terms of the listing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom