Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Looking for Domain Owner - Disappeared Off Face of Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtrooper

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi DNF'ers,

I would like a domain, which is owned by a member of DNF. However, he last posted here in 2006 and seems to have subsequently disappeared off the face of the planet.

The owner seems to have been in the business of selling domains with his website getnamenow.com. But that website, and all of the others he seems to own, have no websites anymore, they just time out. The domain I would like is also listed for sale on Sedo, but he doesn't reply to any bids, even crazy ones on different domains. And I've tried contacting him through all of his whois info for getnamenow.com (and checked related domains for extra info), but no luck.

Does anyone here know him? His DNF name is "internetdomains". We've been trying for months. It's not a particularly good domain for others, but suits our site well.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

gtrooper

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if he is really gone, it will expire. Backorder it.

That was the plan, but it looks like the name has been re-registered. Whois information seems to be conflicting though.

Most whois databases show this:

created-date: 2010-04-06 15:50:04
updated-date: 2011-02-17 09:36:33
registration-expiration-date: 2011-02-27 09:25:36

But then some, which also show that info above, also show this:

Expiration Date: 2012-02-27
Creation Date: 2008-02-27
Last Update Date: 2011-02-28

...as if it's just be re-registered, which is bizarre.

So I had a few catch name services setup, but it looks like that's pointless now.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

yeah, in 2015.

Hey DomainsInc,

That's for his main domain getnamenow.com. I actually want one of his others domains, which was meant to expire last month, but looks like he may of re-registered (or it automatically re-registered).

Off topic - I was in Ottawa recently. Pretty cool place. Stayed at the jail hostel, which was nothing like I'd seen before. You get your own room (jail cell) for the price of a dorm hostel.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You'll be able to register the .xxx before you find him :D

gtrooper

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To give this domain name search more context, we've already done the following:

* Emailed the whois address many times
* Called the phone number in whois about 10 times at different times of the day (and left messages)
* Send a letter to the address in whois, but the address may not be real
* Used the Wayback Machine to find more info about the owner - not much success
* Contacted the owner through Sedo, where his domains are listed for sale

And ksinclair, very kindly, helped us find a bit of info about a redirection.

I just can't understand why a guy who sells domains could be out of reach for so long (about 4-5 months now). We haven't yet made an offer, so I don't think it has to do with price. Maybe he's relaxing on a beach in India living off his profits from domaineering.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GTrooper . Do you want his phone number ?.

DG

gtrooper

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GTrooper . Do you want his phone number ?. [/QUOTE]

Hi DG,

Do you mean his real phone number? Or the one in whois?

I've called the one in whois many times. But if you have another number, I'd be very appreciative! Many thanks.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GTrooper . Do you want his phone number ?. [/QUOTE]

Hi DG,

Do you mean his real phone number? Or the one in whois?

I've called the one in whois many times. But if you have another number, I'd be very appreciative! Many thanks.

I believe it is the real one ( I did not get from Whois) I will PM as it has phone and another contact website so may help.

DG

gtrooper

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DG: Many thanks for the PM.

I emailed the owner of gbs-online.com about a month ago, but he doesn't own the domain I'm after. It seems the connection between gbs-online and the owner of my domain is a mistake. The phone number at that link is for General Business Service, whereas gbs-online is Global Business Solutions.

I just called the phone number at that link, but the lady had never heard of the email address ([email protected]) and she thought I was speaking Swahili when I asked is she owned/sold domain names. So it seems like that info was scraped off the web in error.

Greatly appreciate the help, but it looks like it's back to the drawing board for me.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try this then;

DOMAIN: XBOXVOICE.COM

RSP: Secura GmbH
URL: http://domainrobot.domainregistry.de

created-date: 2010-04-06 15:20:55
updated-date: 2010-05-19 09:12:10
registration-expiration-date: 2011-03-27 20:00:53

owner-organization: GetNameNow
owner-name: Internet Domains
owner-street: 2709 E Van Buren Street
owner-city: Phoenix
owner-state: AZ
owner-zip: 85008
owner-country: US
owner-phone:
owner-fax:
owner-email:

admin-organization: GetNameNow
admin-name: Internet Domains
admin-street: 2709 E Van Buren Street
admin-city: Phoenix
admin-state: AZ
admin-zip: 85008
admin-country: US
admin-phone: 1-928-438-9436
admin-fax:
admin-email: [email protected]

tech-organization: GetNameNow
tech-name: Internet Domains
tech-street: 2709 E Van Buren Street
tech-city: Phoenix
tech-state: AZ
tech-zip: 85008
tech-country: US
tech-phone: 1-928-438-9436
tech-fax:
tech-email: [email protected]

billing-organization: Secura GmbH
billing-name: Hans-Peter Oswald
billing-street: Frohnhofweg 18
billing-city: Koeln
billing-state: NRW
billing-zip: 50858
billing-country: DE
billing-phone: +49.2212571213
billing-fax: +49.221925227
billing-email: [email protected]

nameserver: ns.getnamenow.com 64.20.45.46
nameserver: ns2.getnamenow.com 64.20.45.46

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: XBOXVOICE.COM
Registrar: SECURA GMBH
Whois Server: whois.secura-gmbh.de
Referral URL: http://whois.secura-gmbh.de/index.html
Name Server: NS.GETNAMENOW.COM
Name Server: NS2.GETNAMENOW.COM
Updated Date: 28-mar-2011
Creation Date: 27-mar-2006
Expiration Date: 27-mar-2012

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Google "[email protected]" (with the exclamation marks) and you will have 4 pages of leads.

DG

gtrooper

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks DG, but already tried that info.

I've called that phone number many times and left lots of messages, but it's just the same voice recording.
I've sent mail in the post to the address, but after looking on google maps, I'm not so sure it's real.
I've even contacted the registrar, Secura GmbH, and they can't get in contact with the owner either.

The thing that sticks out from the whois info is this:

It's very similar to the whois info for the domain I'm after. But the "registration-expiration-date" is 27 Feb 2011. In theory, I guess it should expire very soon. But! When looking at some whois data, such as using who.is, it shows the following:

This discrepancy has been around for a few weeks now, so I'm assuming it's not going to expire this year. :(

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks DG, but already tried that info.

I've called that phone number many times and left lots of messages, but it's just the same voice recording.
I've sent mail in the post to the address, but after looking on google maps, I'm not so sure it's real.
I've even contacted the registrar, Secura GmbH, and they can't get in contact with the owner either.

The thing that sticks out from the whois info is this:

It's very similar to the whois info for the domain I'm after. But the "registration-expiration-date" is 27 Feb 2011. In theory, I guess it should expire very soon. But! When looking at some whois data, such as using who.is, it shows the following:

This discrepancy has been around for a few weeks now, so I'm assuming it's not going to expire this year. :(

If you want to PM me the name then I will look and tell you. Dont worry I wont reg it.
DG

gtrooper

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google "[email protected]" (with the exclamation marks) and you will have 4 pages of leads.

Have been through those pages and also visited the websites (most are whois websites) and the strange thing is that none of the websites are operational. You'd think he'd have affilate adds or whatever to make some money on those domains. But they all time out. Very strange.

I've even used the Wayback Machine on a handful to find some info, but they only had generic ad pages on them previously. I'll keep trying with that for a while, but I'm visiting India and my connection is pretty slow for the Wayback Machine, which seems to be slow even on fast connections.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name is in autorenew (grace period) but could drop. What's the registrar ?
You might be able to backorder the domain and obtain it as a prerelease.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If he actually disappeared off the face of the earth, it may be part of Adatise's and Hope's group that are in the boarding stages of the mother ships just outside earth's atmosphere.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
As time goes by we'll see more situations like that.
Domainers get older, senility sets in, and some may even croak.
We just found some Confederate money in the attic. Any suggestion what you can buy with it?

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If he actually disappeared off the face of the earth, it may be part of Adatise's and Hope's group that are in the boarding stages of the mother ships just outside earth's atmosphere.

Whatever happened to Paul (user Adatise)? He even let one of his favorite domains expire (Adatise.com) so I reg'd it for him, if he ever resurfaces. There is a website now where you can register your portfolio, and they will run it for you if you die - i think this will be a hard thing to setup, becuase it wont be cheap and who is going to pay a lot of money upfront? Money is too tight. But maybe this will work for some people. I think the site is domainguardians.com. (I am not a part of it in any way). I personally could not afford to use it.

gtrooper

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The name is in autorenew (grace period) but could drop. What's the registrar ?
You might be able to backorder the domain and obtain it as a prerelease.

Many thanks Katherine.

It's with a small German registrar called secura-gmbh.com. Their whois doesn't even work at the moment :O

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

That's about the best explanation I have for him so far :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Secura catches names for Pool I believe. But I don't know if they send their expired domains as prerelease to Pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom