Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Looking for help on non-domaining matter to do with Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping someone on the forum can help me. I need help with a non-domaining problem to do with Bangladesh.

Basically, my daughter's iphone was stolen the other night in London. Her server (3) gave her a Bangladeshi number that was telephoned before they blocked calls, suggesting she call it. This she did, but the elderly man at the end of the line didn't speak English.

She needs to find someone from Bangladesh who is prepared to call the number for her to ask this man to tell those who rang him that she is prepared to offer a reward to get her phone back. I know it's not ideal but, although she's insured and can get a replacement this week, she has treasured photos on the lost phone.

If there's anyone on here prepared to call the number and pass this message on, I will be glad to send the cost right away by PayPal.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also, check here: http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iphone-chat/370201-extract-photos-iphone-backup-files-2.html

If she hasn't synced her camera roll photos, she should however be able to extract them from her last backup. If she hasn't connected her iPhone to her computer since she took all the valuable photos, she's lost them :(

Thanks again for all that, aZooZa - most helpful, although she probably hasn't connected since she took the photos. Oh, well. Sometimes it just seems easier to me to have the negatives in a drawer at home.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Never pay ransom and take no prisoners. Report the theft to the police.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never pay ransom and take no prisoners. Report the theft to the police.

You're right about the ransom bit, Theo, and of course it has been reported - it has to be for insurance purposes. But if there was the smallest chance that someone had actually found the phone rather than taking it, and had rung this man in Bangladesh for advice, my daughter was hoping she could get her pics back.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear this Mallie. worst thing in losing a phone or getting stolen is losing pics and videos
you may not get this one back back couple things for your daughter to do in future so doesnt happen again as she will have phones for years to come
store pics somewhere else, in the cloud or online
or routinely upload pics to pc every few days

next, add a tracking app. good for security and personal safety for women too imho
here read the story and show daughter.
if happened again and had this info could inform police rather than get involved
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hone-thief-using-GPS-tracking-technology.html

good luck

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear this Mallie. worst thing in losing a phone or getting stolen is losing pics and videos
you may not get this one back back couple things for your daughter to do in future so doesnt happen again as she will have phones for years to come
store pics somewhere else, in the cloud or online
or routinely upload pics to pc every few days

next, add a tracking app. good for security and personal safety for women too imho
here read the story and show daughter.
if happened again and had this info could inform police rather than get involved
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hone-thief-using-GPS-tracking-technology.html

good luck

Thanks, Pred, for the advice and the link. What a brilliant story. I bet that was one surprised guy. But I must say the bus driver was enormously helpful - here in Ireland you'd probably be told to take your argument off the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom