Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Looks like Google got in trouble..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was searching at google for 'free wallpaper' when I came upon this. Hope it is still here when you visit the link (it is where site #90 would be):

http://www.google.com/search?q=free...1&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-09,GGLD:en&start=80&sa=N

"In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org."

Maybe somebody can take a screenshot of it? I don't know how. I thought maybe this would be helpful to those who 'borrow' other people's images and use them as their own.

Domain Days 2024

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First time I haver really noticed this stuff. The net is changing I guess.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To take a screenshot, press the "Print Screen" key up on the top right side of the keyboard.

Then go into an image editing program like paint, photoshop, etc, and paste it into a file, and then save. :)

That's interesting. Actually it doesn't look like Google got in trouble.. it's more along the lines of that website that was removed got in trouble. That's why they are no longer listed. Let that be a lesson I guess. I'm sure "free wallpapers" is a pretty common search term too, so many people will see that.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
007 said:
To take a screenshot, press the "Print Screen" key up on the top right side of the keyboard.

Then go into an image editing program like paint, photoshop, etc, and paste it into a file, and then save. :)

That's interesting. Actually it doesn't look like Google got in trouble.. it's more along the lines of that website that was removed got in trouble. That's why they are no longer listed. Let that be a lesson I guess. I'm sure "free wallpapers" is a pretty common search term too, so many people will see that.

Thanks for the help on the screenshot. Now I see why I could never do it, as I have no image editing software on my cpu lol.

At any rate, you are right. I think Google was the one being badgered, but the site in question was the one who got in trouble.

Free wallpaper(s) is an extremely high search term. I am sure these guys will miss the traffic. I wonder if Yahoo and MSN will follow suit if they have not already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom