Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Looks like this lawyer didn't earn his paycheck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2004/d2004-0675.html

In his written response to the UDRP, the respondent's lawyer claims that his client's domain "networksolution.com" is not confusingly similar to "networksolutions.com". Just for starters thats a pretty bold claim, but in his response he accidentally spells his client's domain as "networksolutions.com". Kinda hard for a panelist to overlook that :)

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The amazing thing is that it took seven years for NSI to file a complaint. (And three of those years were before the UDRP when NSI had complete control over the process!)

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The NSI that filed the complaint isn't the same NSI. VeriSign sold off NSI. Looks like the new NSI is doing many things different, and many of them better.

Ron

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
valuenames said:
The NSI that filed the complaint isn't the same NSI. VeriSign sold off NSI. Looks like the new NSI is doing many things different, and many of them better.

Ron

Actually, VeriSign sold majority ownership of NetSol, retaining about 15%. But
the new NetSol is definitely better than the old one, and they have to be with
competition getting tighter by the day.

I wonder when will they start going after the Finland-based owner of this one:
thenetworksolutions.com. It's showing an old NetSol banner.

I can't seem to find any WIPO or NAF decisions, so far. Have I just tipped off
someone from NetSol by this post? :-O

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
valuenames said:
The NSI that filed the complaint isn't the same NSI. VeriSign sold off NSI. Looks like the new NSI is doing many things different, and many of them better. Ron

Agree, amazingly the new NetSol is one of the best registrars now as far as reg'ing com and net names. They now have good (toll-free) tech supt., good C.P., and easy transfers away with no hassles.

Surprisingly it is much more difficult to transfer names to them than away, (mostly non-dot com/net) especially org's where the process is quite tedious. Other than that they are greatly improved since being spun-off and sold.

I would not hesitate using them except for the fact they still have high prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom