Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

(((( Major Controversy! ))))

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you haven't checked this out yet, take a serious look!

It involves two MAJOR players in the domain industry, a very valuable stolen domain, and $50,000 dollars!
Huge implications for every domainer and/or broker!

Check it out!
http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=36723&page=1&pp=15

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The sky is falling! :-O

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
beshopalula said:
The sky is falling! :-O
I don't know, Rob, I'm just guessing, but I imagine if it was your $50,000.00, it might not seem so funny. What happened to pulling together as a community? :-(

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WebCat said:
I don't know, Rob, I'm just guessing, but I imagine if it was your $50,000.00, it might not seem so funny.
I didn't say it was funny. If I thought it was (so) funny, I would have said it more like:
"The sky is falling! :laugh: "

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh. OK.

I thought you were making light of a very serious situation.

I still don't get what "The Sky is Falling" means, but if it was meant as a serious comment on a very troubling situation, then please accept my apologies.

WebCat :)

Tony

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WebCat said:
Oh. OK.

I thought you were making light of a very serious situation.

I still don't get what "The Sky is Falling" means, but if it was meant as a serious comment on a very troubling situation, then please accept my apologies.

WebCat :)

A thread made for a thread. :undecided

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WebCat said:
I still don't get what "The Sky is Falling" means
I always thought the expression 'the sky is falling' meant that something was going seriously wrong. Hmm, so now I checked in Google for the phrase 'the sky is falling' and I see that there's this book called 'Chicken Little' where the chicken overreacts when an acorn falls on her head. Oops! My apologies; this is one of these (luckily rare) occasions where my 'english failed me' (My native tongue is Dutch, though I don't speak/read/write that much anymore now that I live in the US of A).

Best,
Rob

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
beshopalula said:
I always thought the expression 'the sky is falling' meant that something was going seriously wrong. Hmm, so now I checked in Google for the phrase 'the sky is falling' and I see that there's this book called 'Chicken Little' where the chicken overreacts when an acorn falls on her head. Oops! My apologies; this is one of these (luckily rare) occasions where my 'english failed me' (My native tongue is Dutch, though I don't speak/read/write that much anymore now that I live in the US of A).

Best,
Rob

Rob, you always have been and continue to be one of the classiest (and funnest) domainers around! It was obviously just a "eenvoudige fout!"

Peace my friend, and please do not let a piece of that sky smack you on the head. :wink:

WC

PS- my Dutch is MUCH worse than your English!

M

mole

I agree that the sky is falling for .COM. What goes up, must come down. :)

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
I agree that the sky is falling for .COM. What goes up, must come down. :)

I know this has little if anything to do with this rather serious situation.
However, this 'what gors up must come down' theory has been taken out of context way to many times.

If something goes up enough, with enough inertia to reach critical mass, as in escape velocity, it does not come down...

as in a rocket going out to space, once it is out of orbit, it is bye bye.

.com is out in space, hass the critical mass and wont be coming down.

Now unless it circles the moon, attracted by its gravity, makes a full swing, and heads back to indiana...

I better stop reading all these ancient greek philosophy books...
:)

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
I know this has little if anything to do with this rather serious situation.
However, this 'what gors up must come down' theory has been taken out of context way to many times.

If something goes up enough, with enough inertia to reach critical mass, as in escape velocity, it does not come down...

as in a rocket going out to space, once it is out of orbit, it is bye bye.

.com is out in space, hass the critical mass and wont be coming down.

Now unless it circles the moon, attracted by its gravity, makes a full swing, and heads back to indiana...

I better stop reading all these ancient greek philosophy books...
:)

Here, read this:

Private rocket makes space history

As far as Adam goes, I'm glad to see the deal he made with Sedo and bringing in new members for the forum. Let that be another stone to throw at Afternic. If a heavyweight in the industry such as himself gets dikked around like that, no one wins. Maybe Afternic will realize he could do a lot of good OR bad for their image. I know they lurk around here in the fourm. They should come clean and make amends.

jm2c
MH

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I left afternic a while ago, and feel at home at sedo.
I first was at afternic before they were bought out, and they still were bad back then.
other than their bazaar thingy, I think they really arent worth much.

But basicly, did Adam ever get his money back?
The link is old, and there is no update. What exactly happened after?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
Yeah, I left afternic a while ago, and feel at home at sedo.
I first was at afternic before they were bought out, and they still were bad back then.
other than their bazaar thingy, I think they really arent worth much.

But basicly, did Adam ever get his money back?
The link is old, and there is no update. What exactly happened after?

No he didn't get a dime back, and it looks like he never will. Fyi, the link (thread) is updated and has 6 pages. My guess is that this blunder will cost Afternic more than they bargained for. Obviously, they don't care. They will continue to milk clueless newbies and greedies. Once that dries up, they will go belly up taking with them their meager present existence.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WebCat said:
Rob, you always have been and continue to be one of the classiest (and funnest) domainers around! It was obviously just a "eenvoudige fout!" Peace my friend, and please do not let a piece of that sky smack you on the head.
PS- my Dutch is MUCH worse than your English!
Thanks for the kind words, WebCat! And hey, using the words "eenvoudige fout" is pretty sophisticated for someone who says his Dutch is much worse (than my English). I am impressed! :)

Cheers!
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom