Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Major Traffic Fraud Uncovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunroof

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One of my domains with SEDO usually gets less than 1 visit a day. One day last week, it showed 90 visits, then want back to normal. It showed no clicks on ads that day, so I got no revenue. The name is CrapInc.com, so I thought maybe someone used it in online article or something. At this point, I discount SEDO visitor traffic stats, unless they show clicks on ads in addition to visits.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
does this isue only involve Sedo, or others as well???

Yes ! ( i pm'd the threat starter - namestrands -some of my info - but have not heart back :?: )

i am also in contact with Fab , DS , Trafficz & Hitfarm about traffic fraud !

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
only involved SEDO and DomainSponsor for the moment. Sedo have removed the domain from their market place, however I do feel that this is not enough as the scammer has made a big attempt to disguise the traffic.

However SEDO have their policies and by the sounds of it they will allow the scammers account to remain active. I have instructed all the major programs to the domains in questions and the methods used at least if they try to move to another program they will be alerted.

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to know more about this, although i dont profit much from parking names i want to keep myself informed.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will not divulge the exact domains or methods used, to do so would potentially open up the current parking programs to more fraud as this method is hard to detect.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will not divulge the exact domains or methods used, to do so would potentially open up the current parking programs to more fraud as this method is hard to detect.
But can I profit from the fraud as I don't seem to be making the money any other way...:pound:

Sorry, bad joke. I have my own disgruntled Sedo issues at the moment.

All of this parking business is getting way out hand. There is too much money to be made in this domain industry and it is inviting too much under the table and behind the door dealings and manipulating ways at the expense of the domain holders that park.

I think I"ll just build websites and be done with it. I am even appalled at all the stories I am hearing about adsense shutting someone down because of Google suspecting fraud.

Here you have someone openly involved in fraud and allowed to go on and on the other hand here you have Google shutting someone down because they "suspect" fraud.

Pretty ironic.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Biggest fraud ever was Google's early motto of "Don't be evil".

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The thing is if the parking program is aware of the fraud and google is not, then one could argue that the program can continue to make its money until google request that it stop.

As SEDO have continued to allow this fraudsters account to continue, I took it upon myself to send ALL the evidence to my contact at Google For Domains while informing them that I have made SEDO aware of this and the action they have taken.

The fact is that most parking programs will only cancel an account if they are clawed back from Google or Yahoo.

Yahoo are better at this than Google as they do their own due diligence at account level where as Google do it at domain level.

From an advertiser point of view, like myself, simply banning a single domain is UNACCEPTABLE, and while this might be double standards I have instructed google not to display my adds on any parked program.

Parking programs who are involved in click fraud themselves (yes it happens) and parking programs that continue to umbrella these fraudsters, they are doing it to their own detriment.

I have had a google adsense account for over 2 years now and not once have I ever had an issue of alleged fraud, I once accidently clicked on a link while playing a "Flash Target Practice Game", I got on the phone to Google straight away to explain what had happened, they actually laughed at me, yet still credited me for that click.

I can understand why people do Click Fraud, its easy to do and its easy money, and you will never make as much as these fraudsters regardless of the size and quality of your porfolio.

But can I profit from the fraud as I don't seem to be making the money any other way...:pound:

Sorry, bad joke. I have my own disgruntled Sedo issues at the moment.

All of this parking business is getting way out hand. There is too much money to be made in this domain industry and it is inviting too much under the table and behind the door dealings and manipulating ways at the expense of the domain holders that park.

I think I"ll just build websites and be done with it. I am even appalled at all the stories I am hearing about adsense shutting someone down because of Google suspecting fraud.

Here you have someone openly involved in fraud and allowed to go on and on the other hand here you have Google shutting someone down because they "suspect" fraud.

Pretty ironic.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The fact is that most parking programs will only cancel an account if they are clawed back from Google or Yahoo.

Yahoo are better at this than Google as they do their own due diligence at account level where as Google do it at domain level.

i strongly disagree with your statement (quoted part only)

the parking programs i have contacted and the parking companies that called me about some issues ,where most responsive & promissed to do whatever necessary

like i told you before that there are still scam bags using yahoo feed through goldkey active audience and smarname accounts.( and we are talking about $ 20000 - 30000 fraud per month per account )

I can understand why people do Click Fraud, its easy to do and its easy money, and you will never make as much as these fraudsters regardless of the size and quality of your porfolio

this is exactly why i am no mad all the time - i make much much less with real traffic !

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, if we all agreed then it would be a boring world. However.. I know it to be true and well SEDO just proved the point by only cancelling the domain and not the account.

Now were the programs you spoke to to tell you that they didn't care, then what sort of company would they be?

A promise is one thing, but I am a believer in action and results.

If these Scambags (verbatim) are still using these parking programs, then havent you just argued your own point.

I would be asking why they are still customers at the programs you mentioned.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great asset to our community!

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, if we all agreed then it would be a boring world. However.. I know it to be true and well SEDO just proved the point by only cancelling the domain and not the account.

Now were the programs you spoke to to tell you that they didn't care, then what sort of company would they be?

A promise is one thing, but I am a believer in action and results.

If these Scambags (verbatim) are still using these parking programs, then havent you just argued your own point.

I would be asking why they are still customers at the programs you mentioned.

first i posted here and pm'd you with whom i have and had contact about this and all these are o.k. and are looking and did look into that issue and they do everything .

just in case here again : fabulous , domainsponsor ,hitfarm & trafficz where notified and i strongly believe them what they are saying and doing -

just like i told you in my pm ( which you never answered - that much for action) - smartnames for example has still accounts - i was asking you for a contact there !!!! - but like i said i never got any response from you !

and don't even get me started on goldkey - they even suspend your account when you are trying to tell them of a fraud !

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trafficz I can vouch for, great company and fantastic staff and they truly do sort things out quickly and are a willing participant to the sharing of fraudster domains with the other programs.

As for the rest, well I am not convinced. That is a personal opinion though based on my workings with them and my clients.

Smartnames - hmm cant say I ever used them.

I would love to reply to every PM I get, but alas its time I dont have. I think I have PMs going back to 2005 that still remain unanswered. :)

Time will tell, if these alleged scambags are still about in a months time then you will have either proven me right or wrong, either way it will be a positive result that can be shared with the community.. so kudos either way.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is exactly why i am no mad all the time - i make much much less with real traffic !
Well put. That is why I sarcastically posted earlier to disclose how this is done so I could profit from it.

I also agree that if Sedo is aware of a client doing this with numerous (or technically it only has to be one, from my understanding) but only suspends or removes the one domain name, then where are the click fraud controls or bogus traffic enforcements?

I am not familiar with Yahoo's system and I only have had limited trials with Google adsense, but I am amazed at the number of threads I have seen on this forum and others that have had their Adsense accounts suspended due to suspected fraud.

That leads me to the conclusion that either google is over reacting or everyone on this forum is a scammer in some form or fashion. :eek:

I think I would rather go about it blindly :cool: and believe that the issue may be Google.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well ,at least we can agree on this and as long companies ( feed providers and ppc services) are made aware of this techniques and they can and will take messures agains it , we all will be in better shape .

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well ,at least we can agree on this and as long companies ( feed providers and ppc services) are made aware of this techniques and they can and will take messures agains it , we all will be in better shape .
No debate here. The key is
can and will take messures agains it
as it is only in their best interest for their advertisers dollars and subscribers.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trafficz I can vouch for, great company and fantastic staff and they truly do sort things out quickly and are a willing participant to the sharing of fraudster domains with the other programs.

yep. I don't even use trafficz myself, still I got an immediate reply when I pointed out an ongoing traffic fraud scheme to ammar. certain other providers are definitely less responsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom