Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Marketplace for brand names

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are bunch of websites selling brand domain names. Which ones have you used to sell your brand domains? Which one is your favorite? What has been your experience getting your names accepted in these marketplaces?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo and GoDaddy take just about anything.

Good luck selling! :)

techie

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo and GoDaddy take just about anything.

Good luck selling! :)

I know about Sedo and GoDaddy :)

I am interested in hearing about others experiences with brand name marketplaces like BrandBucket, Namerific etc

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am interested in hearing about others experiences with brand name marketplaces like BrandBucket, Namerific etc

I submitted about 10 names to bb and two got accepted.

they priced the names quite close to my own expectations, so that was a plus

however, I have yet to list any on their site

why?

the $10 fee, is cheap, but still a cost, which multiplied over the number of newb submissions = a nice profit center
you must change ns to their servers and won't earn any revenue from your traffic

their exclusiveness, does not allow to you to market your name/names on other venues and if you sell elsewhere, they still want their cut.

at least that's how "I interpreted the terms", which I found unacceptable

additionally, after reading some names that were accepted and knowing many were recently or just registered....I feel their "brand' will be diluted if acceptance continues at this pace.

in contrast, I joined domainnamesales in late April for FREE.

i changed ns for some names to theirs and now i'm earning revenue.... and so far received "two" offers on two different names and one additional inquiry on another.

on sedo, I got two offers today

have not visited namerific, simply because it sounds unprofessional

imo...

elevatoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about afternic? I think they are also good but you also need to change NS to their's if you are parking your domain with them.
Cheers.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To the TS: What exacty did you mean by brand domains ? domains that are suitable for and could one day be a brand name if the right guy buys it and develops ? (brandable domains like CoolHats or MikesFrozenTreats) ....or are we talking about brand domains that are close to an existing tm or known mark, or may actually be a tm or famous mark in fact. If it's the latter GD will list them as far as I've seen

Sedo probably will too if the mark is not a well-know brand, I think they have people scrutinizing this. A couple of mine on Sedo (for sale, not for parking) were later deleted from my acct cuz Sedo thought they might have tm infringement issues and it didn't want anything to do with that, those 2 of mine were not tm's, but they may be seen as close. But Sedo or others may take say AHJ.org, and neither Sedo nor the owner may know it's actually tm'd, there are always cases like this, it has happened to me in fact

Normally monetization cos don't give you such a hard time for just parking, regardless of any improprieties the domain may have. But if you list them for sale then all services are more likely to take a closer look, that's from my own experience, this is not absolutely the case always

Last edited:

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both, brandbucket and namerific were really cool. They have had amazing success rates and selling all those "crappy" hand-registered brands for lo-mid $x,xxx. But (IMO) the threshold to get your domains approved were lower in the past. They are are quiet selective to keep their success rate, and most likely, they wont let you get in with your random brandable domain now.

I don't have a lot of brandables (found 2-3 in my list), so tried to add them just out of curiosity and none of them got approved. Well, I am not really into brandables...

Generally, from what I know, BB charges $10 per approved domain for being listed, and you choose logo price (in $100 - $500 range). No upfront payment needed, logo price is taken from the sale price, once the name sell. Exclusivity applies once your name is listed - as Biggie said.
Namerific doesn't charge any listing fee and I am not sure about the logo thing - it might be about the same as with BB. No exclusivity there.

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Both, brandbucket and namerific were really cool. They have had amazing success rates and selling all those "crappy" hand-registered brands for lo-mid $x,xxx. But (IMO) the threshold to get your domains approved were lower in the past. They are are quiet selective to keep their success rate, and most likely, they wont let you get in with your random brandable domain now.

I don't have a lot of brandables (found 2-3 in my list), so tried to add them just out of curiosity and none of them got approved. Well, I am not really into brandables...

Generally, from what I know, BB charges $10 per approved domain for being listed, and you choose logo price (in $100 - $500 range). No upfront payment needed, logo price is taken from the sale price, once the name sell. Exclusivity applies once your name is listed - as Biggie said.
Namerific doesn't charge any listing fee and I am not sure about the logo thing - it might be about the same as with BB. No exclusivity there.

Exactly as vital said. I have one name listed with Namerific and one with BrandBucket. It was easy to get approved with NR, very hard with BB. I submitted three times to BB and each time their response was taking too much time to receive (2 weeks to 2 months !) - not sure if this has improved now. BB is real picky and I believe they are doing a pretty good job. Expect to be paid 2/3 of the selling price with BB and also the listing fee is $10.

fpforum

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Brandbucket is a name I've been seeing and hearing more and more lately. They seam stuck on only short domains though (5-6 letters)..

I haven't used them personally and my vote would probably go to Sedo, but if you have short domains consider giving Brandbucket a shot. Keep in mind, I still can't recall when I've seen them on the top sales chart at DNJ!

zmonster

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BrandBucket -- I've seen their name a couple of times lately, so checked them out because I have a bunch of good brandables, but they charge 30% commission in addition to exclusivity. Namerific charges the same, I think. That's enough to keep me away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom