Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Michael Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of the rare americans I actually agree with
Listen to him.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by icehole
One of the rare americans I actually agree with
Listen to him.
:rolleyes:

I can't hear him over the booing.

:laugh:

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I didn't watch the Oscars because I didn't watch any of the movies :D

atlach

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That man is the best! Grats to michael Moore it s well deserve, Bowling for columbine is a must see!

if you always asked yourself why they are so much more people getting killed by gun in US compare to any other industrial country
you migh want to see his documentary.

If you think it s normal that 11,127 (eleven thousand one hundred and twenty seven) peoples are getting killed each year by gun in the US while germany get 381, france 255, canada 165, uk 68, australia 65, japan 39 killed by gun each year, so if you think it s normal then you dont want to watch Michael moore documentary :)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm still looking forward to seeing it (Bowling for Columbine). A friend of mine saw it and she highly recommended it to me. Definitely time for some reflection. Michael Moore definitely takes a love 'em or leave 'em approach to things, but anyone with conviction will do this.

http://www.michaelmoore.com

Not that I agree with everything that he says. It is very good to hear a fervent, articulate, and honest opinion though.

~ Nexus

atlach

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
edited my previous post, i added stuff

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The tricky thing here is that he'd got a standing ovation before the cheers and the boos. I'm not familiar with Michael Moore, but when a guy gets a standing ovation, it adds to the gravity of his words. And it takes courage to do so; like when I stand up AGAINST the war on this forum, I risk losing business. Mr. Moore is very likely to lose A LOT of opportunities that should come with winning that Oscar.

atlach

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I do not think opportunities is what mr Michael Moore is after!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After all, you still need some kind of financial back-up to make movies (incl. documentaries), right? ;) :cool:

To be fair, it would be way much easier for him to secure investment to his projects with the Oscar when even masters like Akira Kurosawa had difficulties soliciting funds.

atlach

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i think it s his fourth or fifth documentary, and i think he written, produced and directed each and every of his movie (at least he did for Bowling for columbine)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I mean he still needs MONEY to make movies, right? In the movie industry, even the independent movie scene, funding is the first thing you care for before talking about script or cast, isn't it?

atlach

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i dont know for sure but i think he paid for it with his own money :), but you should watch the movie and you ll see that he most likely didnt spent a lot of money :p

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as far as i know he became kind of rich with his books!
bowling for columbine is great, so is the big one or roger and me!
nico

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ask FrontRow, and he'll tell you how many "books" it will take to make just a couple of scenes. :cool:

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He has definitely created a niche for himself regardless of whether his documentaries are completely accurate or not.

If Mr. Moore was looking for publicity he certainly received it however his approach was completely wrong if he set out to try and pull a few people over to his side of the war debate.
Having seen his acceptance speech a couple of times I was actually embarassed for him.

It's one thing to make a plea to the American people. It's quite another to spew insults.

John

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He used nearly the exact same speech in an Independent Movie Awards Ceremony immediately before the Oscars. In that one he got a standing ovation and no boos. During the Oscars you could still hear the cheering even over the boos... I don't think Moore has anything to worry about.

The people who hated him before still hate him, the people who loved him before still love him, and now he has more publicity. What are the odds that a bunch of pissed off rednecks in Texas upset over his remarks would have gone to see any documentary at all in the first place?

Zorro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love this man's guts. He stands up for what he believes in and he isnt afraid to speak his mind.

Bravo!

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't refer to marketing yourself as "guts".
His "speech" is not trying to initiate any change in opinion he it is merely voicing his opinion and berating others.
Now if he were to promote peace that would be completely different.

I do not like nor dislike Mr. Moore. I am a fan of documentaries and have seen 2 of his. I have not seen columbine yet as it is barely if at all a documentary but judging by comments here and from friends it sounds like an entertaining flick.

Peace!

John

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, there is no discussion, he makes THE BEST documentaries.

Have you seen "Roger & I"?

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes.
I liked "Roger and Me".
I think his documentaries are definitely entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom