Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Michael Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zorro
I love this man's guts. He stands up for what he believes in and he isnt afraid to speak his mind.

Bravo!

Hey Zorro -- Where do you live? Michael Moore is *ss hole.

Zorro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebHold

Hey Zorro -- Where do you live? Michael Moore is *ss hole.

Planet Earth :D
Could you support your comment on Mr. Moore with reason?

The reason some of us appreciate Mr Moore's actions is that he expressed an opinion shared by the world community (that does not incluse America) and he choose a platform that has great reach but little inherent value - the oscars.

By expressing his opinion, he risked being branded anti-national and he risked being denied opportunities in the future. I;m sure he dint expect people to cheer for him when he made speech.

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"JackAss - The Movie" was a Michael Moore production wasn't it? :)

He continues to sing the "Losers Lament" about the last 2 elections - The real war of ideas has been won in this country - Liberals lost and they will continue to take cheap shots and whine until something other than ideas puts them back in control (which is inevitable)...like a war that drags on for to long...or a down cycle in the economy.

The guys a typical "loud is right" liberal singing to a far left audience out in LALA land on the west coast.

Any moron can stand up in front of their "home crowd" and shout out their position. Saddam plays well to some (captive) audiences as well...no?

No particular sense of bravery or intelligence required.

As MF says

JMHO! ;)

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't know the man before this Oscar, I learnt from the news that most antiwars wouldn't attend the ceremony at all, so it's something that Mr. Moore still won significant ovation. I couldn't tell from the TV if there were more cheers than boos, but at first the audience did hesitate to react.
Now it is impossible to apply humanity and patriotism at the same time to a same person, look what the war has done to the Americans!

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I learnt from the news that most antiwars wouldn't attend the ceremony at all,

You need another news source. That's patently incorrect.

Many there felt the same as Michael, but they knew we had news of POW's on that same day and they were patriotic enough to know that it was not the time or place to make statements about how much they dislike the president.

moore showed what a low life, no class, trailer park, mudball he really is by taking cheap shots at a time when SOME sence of unity was important. If the rest of the hollywood idiots understood this surely somebody shared it with mr moore. yet he choose to be unpatriotic and use his moment on the stage to denounce the administration? pathetic.

look what the war has done to the Americans!

alia, I understand what you are saying but his statements were political in nature. Politics is always divisive so this is really nothing new and certainly nothing that the war has caused.

If you look at our Congress and the last presidential election you will see that politically we are a divided country and in many ways always have been which is part of what makes this country a great place.

Dont confuse patriotism and humanity. I am rabidly american and a true patriot. I love this country. There are some americans on this board who are liberals but I dont question their love for america. There are other americans here who are questionable in my mind..and in the end I really dont care how people outside of this country feel about what we do.

I'm not for this war. As I have stated in other posts, I believe we should have swamped the country with inspectors..I think Saddam would have cracked. I think we dont belong in that part of the world. People have been warring there since the dawn of time and nothing we do will chnage that...I think it is a bad decison to get sucked in to that.

BUT, the decision was made and I stand behind the troops 100%. Period. I think most americans feel that way regardless of their personal feelings or political leanings.

Until we start talking about the inhumanity that Saddam has brought to this world - personally responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands - I dont think there is an argument from a postion of being humane.

I;m still waiting for the news to start driving home the difference in the number of casualties this war will cause in relation to the number of his own people he has summarily executed. One life of an innocent is a price to high to pay. But Saddam is a bad person with no regard for the life of Iraqis or anybody else.

(apologies for the long-winded reply ;) )

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that it might not be the best forum for Michael Moore to voice his anti-war sentiment, but it still take some courage to do so. (Similarly, I don't think it's nice to boo the American anthem in the Montreal hockey match.) I guess Susan Sarandon's flash of the peace (V) sign (we all know that she is an outspoken anti-war activist) and Martin Scorsese and Meryl Streep's wearing of peace pins might have already hurt their career to a certain extent.

Talking about movies, I'd like to recommend Robert De Niro's 1991 film Guilty By Suspicion and refresh our memories of the dark days in the McCarthy era.

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...it was not the time or place to make statements about how much they dislike the president.
It's also the war Moore's against, though he wrote a book against President Bush earlier before the 911.

Larry, if I were you, I'd do exactly the same, when your fellow Americans are dying in Iraq, it would be terrible for Americans to boycott the war any more. But it's also understandable how the people in other parts of the world would be sorry that President Bush has started the war.

I was reading Tom Clancy's "Executive Orders" when the war began, and I believe Mr. Bush certainly is not the sort of President the fiction figure Ryan was.

The major trouble for the US is not just the war itself, when this is all over, what the world order will become? what kind of relations the US will have with all other countries? That's what President Bush should have taken into consideration in the first place.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Michael Moore publicity stunt. I never heard of Michael Moore before he went against the grain.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
Michael Moore publicity stunt. I never heard of Michael Moore before he went against the grain.
Well, the fact that he got a standing ovation tells something, right?

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave

Well, the fact that he got a standing ovation tells something, right?

The Standing ovation was for his work, prior to opening up his cake hole, in which he was then booed and heckled.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad that I was a high school teacher before.

Okay, my last post was a reply to gregr's comments that he had not heard of Michael Moore and that those Bush-bashing remark was just a publicity stunt.

My point is: that he got a standing ovation clearly tells that he's well-respected in the industry* and therefore doesn't need that for a 30-second fame.

* Unlike some others who posted in this thread, I'm not that into documentary and have not heard of his name before.

Class dismissed.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
Glad that I was a high school teacher before.

Okay, my last post was a reply to gregr's comments that he had not heard of Michael Moore and that those Bush-bashing remark was just a publicity stunt.

My point is: that he got a standing ovation clearly tells that he's well-respected in the industry* and therefore doesn't need that for a 30-second fame.

* Unlike some others who posted in this thread, I'm not that into documentary and have not heard of his name before.

Class dismissed.

I think I am in love with you :D

hollayo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He is a bit biast but holding that in mind and watching his doc was still truly educational and one of the finest pictures i have seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom