Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Microsoft seeks $100,000 per domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least your an honest scumbag, your Mother must be proud. :rolleyes:

She really is.
Yours?

and raider a few posts back you say that
"
Originally Posted by Raider

The Tomb Raider domain; That was last year and this is now, you wont find a domain in my portfolio that is currently infringing on a TM.

Since joining this Forum over a year ago I learned quite a bit and completely changed my outlook on the way I view TM's"

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
He really is.
Yours?

You mean that your Mother is a he? Oh Man, you do have troubles....

Next time, get your facts straight before jumping all over somebody, that way you wont look like such an ass.

and raider a few posts back you say that
"
Originally Posted by Raider

The Tomb Raider domain; That was last year and this is now, you wont find a domain in my portfolio that is currently infringing on a TM.

Since joining this Forum over a year ago I learned quite a bit and completely changed my outlook on the way I view TM's"

Yes, When you brought up the TM issue, I thought the Game title may have a TM, but I later checked and it doesn't....And Yes, I have drastically changed my outlook on the way I view TM's, I WONT own one, PERIOD!

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You mean that your Mother is a he? Oh Man, you do have troubles....

Next time, get your facts straight before jumping all over somebody, that way you wont look like such an ass.

Yes, When you brought up the TM issue, I thought the Game title may have a TM, but I later checked and it doesn't....And Yes, I have drastically changed my outlook on the way I view TM's, I WONT own one, PERIOD!

My bad again
fact stays you made money from someone elses hard work, game title etc. no trademark, trademark it makes no difference. Bud you judge others.
Ok, you are changed women then. nice.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:pop2:

1) A TM is a TM is a TM, there is no difference between stealing little or stealing big, no difference between MS and a movie title. Infrinngment is infringment.

2) People who think there is a difference and the law would apply differently need their head examined. These people scare me as they see a " little " crime ok . These are dangerous people to do business with as screwing you over on a " little " money is ok.

Raider :sorry: , if the name was a year ago and you have now decided to not trade or own TM names, good for you. We each need to deal with what we feel is right for us, I honestly could careless either way what someone does. However it does not give us the right to turn around and throw stones at others once we have changed .

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:pop2:

1) A TM is a TM is a TM, there is no difference between stealing little or stealing big, no difference between MS and a movie title. Infrinngment is infringment.

2) People who think there is a difference and the law would apply differently need their head examined. These people scare me as they see a " little " crime ok . These are dangerous people to do business with as screwing you over on a " little " money is ok.

Raider :sorry: , if the name was a year ago and you have now decided to not trade or own TM names, good for you. We each need to deal with what we feel is right for us, I honestly could careless either way what someone does. However it does not give us the right to turn around and throw stones at others once we have changed .

My points excactly.
Sorry I could not formulate them as good as you

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
People, if we're going to discuss ethics here, at least have the human decency to move the conversation out of a Microsoft thread. :D

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Apology accepted :)

I know quite a few members here that have TM infringing domains, not hard to pick up their names when they try to buy or sell them, If they want to accept the risk that goes with owning them, that's is of course their choice and their business. But keeping with the fact that Cybersquatting and Typosquatting are both illegal, I'm entitled to voice my opinion of people who violate the law, they may not like it, but it comes with the territory.

My bad again fact stays you made money from someone else's hard work, game title etc. no trademark, trademark it makes no difference. Bud you judge others. Ok, you are changed women then. nice.

Now it makes no difference? Man, you are scraping the bottom of the barrel, you need to give up that male ego of yours and accept the fact that a Girl proved you wrong, In regards to TM infringement you already lost that argument.

If it will make you feel better, I donated the money to a cause I'm sure your familiar with, the DBMM fund, Domainers Born to Male Mothers, its a noble cause, Removing chest hairs from babies teeth after breast feeding. :baby:

Sorry I could not formulate them as good as you

We noticed.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First there was stock, who said he was keeping the domain for his brother, when he parked it and made money out off it.
Oh man, here we go. You got to pull me into this stuff again Stuff?

On that issue the name(s) are Xerox related, were pulled over with other portfolio names years ago, I don't optimize those and haven't intentionally for years on thousands of names because my model is selling names not parking. They ARE my brothers names who is head of marketing for Xerox, and you've known that for years now too. I was also the first to set up a program for squatters and others to donate or (sell for small change) blatant TM infringing names that they'd just as soon get rid of the liability on. I then see that the real TM holders are notified and the process to reclaim the names started.

Also, even though Raider and I are on completely different ends about politics, I completely agree with her on this issue. I think all domainers that buy thousands of names are gonna run over the line at some point, as the lines are NOT always clear. Those that try to correct the wrong (theft of IP property from others) are ok. Those that make a living intentionally squatting on other peoples property for years are scumbags as Raider says, and they cost REAL domainers and the industry plenty. Selfish SOBs. It's NOT about judging people as you try to put forth, it's that REAL domainers don't like getting labled in with you squatters by the press because of your stupid actions.

Those that then cloak their identities (like your profile here on DNF), throw up fake whois details, and hide in Ping Pong land or some other piece o chit place and syphon money from the American market really should be given a hard boot. Any reason why you can't get that verified stamp? The people who stoop to pulling that crap often are the same slimeballs earning money from spyware, phishing and keylogging. The guy making less money with a "clean" business deserves more applause.

Now I've said my piece before and wanted to lay off this topic (as Focus knows) so I'd appreciate you not throwing me in here anymore without provocation. Keep my name out of it and I'll be fine, bring me up again and I'll address your lowlife biz again.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not even a criminal or illegal act to profit from an "infringing" domain name.

Did anyone else catch this? Gee, not illegal?!?!?!? I guess someone needs to read up on the ACPA, and they also need to read some TM law. Why do you think domains are lost all the time? Answer....Because somemone (TM holders) proved somebody (squatters) did something illegal with the TM holders name.

Stoc, good post, :eek:k:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch this? Gee, not illegal?!?!?!?

;)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to do a little research you self righteous wannabe professors of Internet law...cybersquatting is NOT illegal or a criminal act. You cannot goto jail for it and you will not be charged with any crimes. It is a civil matter and TM dispute amongst you and the said company or mark holder. Until the law changes, I know where myself and 99% of the other members here stand on this issue. And YES mr. small brained conspiracy theory circular logic using JP, there is a difference between a movie domain and a microsoft typo...Your comment: These are dangerous people to do business with really cracks me up dude..in fact I just got done laughing..you are such a moron.

Everybody run for the hills! The blood sucking brain zapping cybersquatters are coming for you & will take all your money and children!! :laugh:

...and elvis is alive and roomies with 2 pac and ET lives at area 51... :alien:

JP, you should work for the "National Enquirer" down here in Florida, they need whistle blower snitch type hypochondriac doomsday prophets..like yourself.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to do a little research you self righteous wannabe professors of Internet law...cybersquatting is NOT illegal or a criminal act. You cannot goto jail for it and you will not be charged with any crimes. It is a civil matter and TM dispute amongst you and the said company or mark holder. Until the law changes, I know where myself and 99% of the other members here stand on this issue. And YES mr. small brained conspiracy theory circular logic using JP, there is a difference between a movie domain and a microsoft typo...Your comment: These are dangerous people to do business with really cracks me up dude..in fact I just got done laughing..you are such a moron.

Everybody run for the hills! The blood sucking brain zapping cybersquatters are coming for you & will take all your money and children!! :laugh:

...and elvis is alive and roomies with 2 pac and ET lives at area 51... :alien:

JP, you should work for the "National Enquirer" down here in Florida, they need whistle blower snitch type hypochondriac doomsday prophets..like yourself.

I think you just hit 6ft.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you just hit 6ft.

Thanks for the threat. I like those. :eek:k:

They give me a good reason so I feel less guilty later.

I should have figured with me calling you out and all you would come back with some weak cryptic scare tactic response like always little real estate boy..you are kind of like my ex g/f in that way...just much weaker.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the threat. I like those. :eek:k:

They give me a good reason so I feel less guilty later.

I should have figured with me calling you out and all you would come back with some weak cryptic scare tactic response like always little real estate boy..you are kind of like my ex g/f in that way...just much weaker.

I ment you are digging your OWN grave by showing your true colors. I think you hit 6ft after an episode like this , its terrible and highly unprofessional.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am a bad boy..spank me JP? :eyebrows: :kiss:

My true colors are GREEN. Like alligators and swamps ;)

..and MONEY lots & lots of it..so much that I just come up with strange creative things to keep myself entertained sometimes...you would'nt believe me.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:fencing: Don't make it personal guys! Or there's gonna be a :lock1:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are right Lord Brar...I should'nt have let JP pull me into his usual antics..I'm done here :)

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am utterly disgusted at this display, if this is where this board is going in respect to allow such behaviour I think it is time to look elsewhere. Good bye.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen! Yes I mean gentlemen.

Personal attack is not allowed here and just a reminder that we do have PM just in case you want to keep it private.

Opinion always is and will be opinion - No one is right or wrong.

Thank you for your cooperation.

This is not a warning - just a reminder.

Thanks again,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom