Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

closed Microsoftalk.net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amdac

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Dzelil said:
I guess your right on that

The difference is that by using microsoftalk.net, you're using microsoft's trademark for your own benefit, and people may assume it's owned by microsoft.

Ricado

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you can build a User Group about Microsoft .NET Technology.
"Microsoft Talk .NET" :-D

jsonline

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good luck... might I suggest you sign up at prepaidlegal.com first. You might need it. ;)

Amdac

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
mudi said:
yeah, I own the domain now, do you think if I email them about it and ask them if they wanted it and ask for a price, would that be right?

#1. They wont wont want it since it's MicrosoftAlk.net, it's missing a "T".
#2. By doing so, you're only asking them to sue you. They're not stupid enough to pay you for a trademark they already own.

You will lose the domain, it's just a matter of time before they're made aware it exists. Threads like this only bring more attention to it.

Ricado

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah, I own the domain now, do you think if I email them about it and ask them if they wanted it and ask for a price, would that be right?
Absolutely not!
They will never pay you one cent.
But! If you use this domain name and is harmful for their brand, especially when you hightly the "Microsoft" key word. They will "catch" you!

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm glad it has sunk in, even if it did take a couple of pages. This has been a healthy discussion on the futility of trying to profit off of the trademarks of others.

Some good advice to all who are listening: come up with your own ideas, develop them, and focus your energy on making them great. Maybe you'll even develop your own trademarks worth protecting. Leave other TM holders alone, especially the giants like Microsoft and Star Wars - it is a losing proposition.

We all have an amazing opportunity to create businesses like no generation before us. Be creative!

prose

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Microsoft and Paypal would more than likely be very happy to send a cease and decist order to the owners of those **** and sucks websites. But parody and boycotting of corporate entities is a protected right you have as a citizen of the US.

jlc

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's correct.
I own www.inventingfordummies.com It's not for sale, never was, never will be. Just before the book came out I picked up the rest, net, info. Then I got my letter from Wiley. Didn't mention the .com but said not to develope the rest.

JC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom