Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Minimize your chances of being Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's an old con how RJ got hacked.

Also for security consider breaking your control panels. I personally don't use cpanel as anyone who gains access can screw you over. Consider SSH as your main means and after 3 attempts kill the session. Also ssh into your server every now and then and try tcpdump. Log the output and see what's there. Just looking at your /var/logs can be really helpful. Brute force is a joke and anyone who gets hacked that way is just dumb. You should have solid passwords and you should be paying attention to the activity on the server. I login daily and see who and what has connected. I am not 100% as no one truely is...but brute force isn't gonna get me either. SSH into your servers and firewall the cpanel login ports...when you need cpanel just ssh in and open it for the session. Cpanel seems imho really insecure as do any sites logins as they are susceptable to brute force. Consider changing the login page of say a VB site...instead of the normal folder rename it.

You can never be too paranoid about this stuff.

The best tip....regular backups. Save a backup every week and keep the last 10 backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom