Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Mod backs out of deal...here's a first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course none of us was there but it seems that a huge misunderstanding took place. If the deal was not completely set I don't see how the mod was in the wrong. Just a deal that didn't go right.

widedesigns

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LoL all of you people have any other job?

Is thsi deserver sucha discussion? Each Day 100's of domains are scammed and sold @ DNF...even for such threads dont see this much interest!!!

So All,dont act like kids are cry for this and that

and start working!!!

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How was the deal not set? You emailing me with "Funny.info - We Have a Deal!" as the subject line, putting "We have a deal" in bold in the body of the email and quoting our AIM conversation...that doesn't constitute a deal?

I also offered you a payment plan, which I don't think many people would do. It's not the fact that I need cash or need a sale or any of that. It's your own ignorance. Learn from it.

The entire reason for making this thread is to alert others of your domaining practices. I also find it humerous that you are always promoting some blog that you write on how to make money with domain names but what it boils down to is that you are no better than the other people that back out of deals.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
However, didn't I tell you within seconds that we were in due-diligence so we had to hold and made Jon contact you for the questions you had.

Com'on it is not like it is chump change and we don't have a right to change our mind or delay the deal to clarity something if we find an issue. You are just sticking on the email when within seconds I made it clear to you that what we are up to. And since I don't know what had been discussed so I am not in a position to comment what the issue may be.

Like I said above -- Had I again and again kept telling you or made you wait hours before telling that we are in due-diligence, then it would have been wrong on my part as it may have jeopardized your other negotiations. Which, clearly didn't happen and clarified to you instantly.

Obviously, I don't know why the talks broke down so I have no idea what the situation may be. I think you are over-blowing the thing out proportion and clearly are doing it in an attempt to pressurize me.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You go to great lengths to accept my offer, back out, and claim I am "blackmailing" you? Let's be clear buddy, I don't want your payment nor do I want to do business with you at all...

Though i do want everyone to be aware of your shaddy business practices and to think twice before taking your "advice" on domaining.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You go to great lengths to accept my offer, back out, and claim I am "blackmailing" you? Let's be clear buddy, I don't want your payment nor do I want to do business with you at all...

Though i do want everyone to be aware of your shaddy business practices and to think twice before taking your "advice" on domaining.
That is okay with me and as such I would not be comfortable dealing with you after seeing the ethics you have shown here. You are still ignoring the fact that I instantly corrected the situation to you.

Also, I am not forcing anyone to follow my advice and as such my little blog is something I do in my free time.

So anyway, I have laid down my side of story and it is end of discussion for me.

Have a nice day.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"I do over $300,000 in domain name sales per month" :?:

wow.....nice Rock!....

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. The last thing I want is to get in a pissing match with you. I don't see how you corrected yourself. You said in your email that your partner preferred to use escrow, then you said that you still have to speak with your partner...how is that possible? Anyway, for those of you that say "stop crying..etc" just let it be known that I am trying to protect you from these types of deals. Thanks for all the comments by the way.

If it talks like professional, acts like a professional, and looks like a professional...its probably an amateur.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That was meant to be my last post but let me clarify on this part --

then you said that you still have to speak with your partner...how is that possible?

Session Start (lordbrar:godfrey90sf): Wed Apr 23 03:00:50 2008
[03:00] godfrey90sf: hey there
[03:00] godfrey90sf: got your email
[03:01] lordbrar: yo
[03:01] lordbrar: give me a few minutes -- talking to my partner about the whole deal
[03:02] godfrey90sf: ok
[03:02] godfrey90sf: so is it a go
[03:02] lordbrar: due-dilligence is on
[03:02] lordbrar: =)

[03:02] godfrey90sf: tell him i will split fees, but im not covering all of them
[03:02] lordbrar: does it get any traffic at all
[03:02] godfrey90sf: since he wants to use escrow he should actually cover it all
[03:02] godfrey90sf: im not selling based on traffic
[03:02] lordbrar: yeah
[03:02] lordbrar: but does it?
[03:03] godfrey90sf: but when it was parked it received a few hundred a month
[03:03] godfrey90sf: let me know what he says
[03:03] godfrey90sf: i am going to eat
[03:03] lordbrar: sure -- will send you an email
[03:03] *** Auto-response from godfrey90sf: Your IM has been sent to my mobile device. When I receive it, I will be able to reply. Thanks for your IM! Want your IMs forwarded to your phone? Click here
Session Close (godfrey90sf): Wed Apr 23 03:04:00 2008

I hope the above clarifies that I did not say that I was in the initial discussion with the partner but rather discussing the WHOLE THING.

I don't think that anyone will disagree that deals are not an open and shut thing but rather something you consider and discuss the various aspects of -- which is called due diligence.

I will leave the judgment of me being professional or not to others who I have successfully dealt with in past -- thanks and all the best.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That was meant to be my last post but let me clarify on this part --

then you said that you still have to speak with your partner...how is that possible?

Session Start (lordbrar:godfrey90sf): Wed Apr 23 03:00:50 2008
[03:00] godfrey90sf: hey there
[03:00] godfrey90sf: got your email
[03:01] lordbrar: yo
[03:01] lordbrar: give me a few minutes -- talking to my partner about the whole deal
[03:02] godfrey90sf: ok
[03:02] godfrey90sf: so is it a go
[03:02] lordbrar: due-dilligence is on
[03:02] lordbrar: =)

[03:02] godfrey90sf: tell him i will split fees, but im not covering all of them
[03:02] lordbrar: does it get any traffic at all
[03:02] godfrey90sf: since he wants to use escrow he should actually cover it all
[03:02] godfrey90sf: im not selling based on traffic
[03:02] lordbrar: yeah
[03:02] lordbrar: but does it?
[03:03] godfrey90sf: but when it was parked it received a few hundred a month
[03:03] godfrey90sf: let me know what he says
[03:03] godfrey90sf: i am going to eat
[03:03] lordbrar: sure -- will send you an email
[03:03] *** Auto-response from godfrey90sf: Your IM has been sent to my mobile device. When I receive it, I will be able to reply. Thanks for your IM! Want your IMs forwarded to your phone? Click here
Session Close (godfrey90sf): Wed Apr 23 03:04:00 2008

I hope the above clarifies that I did not say that I was in the initial discussion with the partner but rather discussing the WHOLE THING.

I don't think that anyone will disagree that deals are not an open and shut thing but rather something you consider and discuss the various aspects of -- which is called due diligence.

I will leave the judgment of me being professional or not to others who I have successfully dealt with in past -- thanks and all the best.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lets be clear.

The email was before this conversation

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course none of us was there but it seems that a huge misunderstanding took place. If the deal was not completely set I don't see how the mod was in the wrong. Just a deal that didn't go right.

Indeed looks like a missunderstanding here.
Lord is a top mod on dnf and a highly respected person in the industry, hope this gets solved peacefully.

$300K every single month, wow. Where do you find the buyers? :)

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lord Brar,

I just wanted to drop you one last message regarding this transaction...Since we've met you've been a really decent guy but this really puts a bad taste in my mouth. In the future, be sure that you have discussed everything with your partner and confirmed the details BEFORE you accept the offer. It's not my intention to make you look like a fool on the forum, though I do want people to know to be aware who they are doing business with. People shouldn't have to worry when doing business with people on the forum, yet in this day and age we have so many people looking to scam others. Normally trust is built on the forum by Trader ratings and the time you have been on the forum, though when you are a moderator I think that trust is automatically granted to you since there had to have been some process for you to become a mod. I've been doing this several years now and it always irritates me when someone attempts to back out of a deal.

I want to be clear here. I do not want you to pay for this domain, I do not want you to feel blackmailed or pressured into using your life savings to pay for this domain name...just be more clear when doing business in the future. Talk with your partner and discuss the details, then come back to the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom