Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Mod Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Been noticing for a while a particular mod going too crazy with closing threads.
Not certain which one as they never leave a name or a reason. I'm going to guess it's draggar as hear so many complaints about his reckless modding style.

answer me this, why was this closed?
http://www.dnforum.com/f283/escrowsales-com-thread-459250.html
needs unlocking. i put a time limit on sale of 48 hours and a little more info relating to sale. in 2 days if unsold i would edit all info from thread so doesnt get indexed. both avenues have been shut and now i'm wasting my time with this thread.
i wont bother even pming draggar as a number of members have informed me of same problem and he doesnt have good grace to respond back to pms :rolleyes:

in platinum section theres so many locked threads its crazy. send a pm or make a comment if you genuinely have a cause for concern. do not just lock out threads for no reason and leave no name or reason.
my last 2 sales have been locked up like that. Its becoming a real problem on the forum.

Upvote 0

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A mod just locked my sale thread here:

http://www.dnforum.com/f283/butters...illedbeef-com-type-traffic-thread-458970.html

My deductions were over 10% and spaced beyond 24 hours. If a mod cannot open this thread then I would request that it be deleted. I cannot have fixed prices associated with domains via a DNF thread forever as I might sell them to end users later on down the road. That is a major flaw in the locked thread system, the forum members should still be able to edit the posts of a locked sale thread (to post "sold" and other updates).

I'm also sort of disappointed that my thread lock seems to be more of a "the mods are always right and to hell with the rules" sort of situation. When I asked the mod how I broke the rules he ignored me, frustrating to say the least.

Last edited:

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Pred agree. I see no reason why your sales thread was closed.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
answer me this, why was this closed?

I didn't close you thread but thank you for the accusation. It looks like it was clsoed for bumping. Your second post didn't include any new information (other than "closing in 48 horus" which could have been added in the OP).

A mod just locked my sale thread here:

You forgot to mention that you bumped your thread with an "offers wanted" post and then edited with the next bump. Funny how people do that so often when they complain.

As for allowing people to edit closed threads - then what's the point of closing them? MIght as well not enforce any of the rules.

If you want to be able to edit your post(s) later, then don't break the rules.

As for opening / deleting closed threads - if we do it for your's then we have to do it for everyone's. Everyone wants to dance around the rules and everyone wants their threads deleted or reopened when they're caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators