Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Moniker.com - Are You An ****** !?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi to all,

First , about two or three weeks ago I received passwords reset for my accounts.
So I did reset my passwords .

And today I received next email :

-----------------
Dear "customer" ,
Thank you for registering your domain with Moniker.For security reasons, we must verify your account before processing your domain requests.The analysis for which accounts need to be verified is not done by our system but by an external service, based on objective criteria.The use of such policies has sadly become necessary due to fraud attempts, especially in the internet business.Until your account is verified you will only be able to make payments via Bank Transfer. We will gladly make an exception for you and open up access to your account once you call our support teams and verify your account.To verify your account it will need to be a live call. This again is a onetime call for fraud prevention.

You can call us at 1-800-688-6311 for the account validation. Outside the U.S. and Canada: 954-607-1294 Our hours of operations are Monday-Friday 8:00 am EST - 8:00 pm est.We look forward to speaking with you.Please have the following information handy to quickly verify your account.

Account #
Email Address on the account
Phone # on the account
Mailing/Billing Address on the account.

Moniker Support
-----------------

Second, I have two accounts with the Moniker.com and I received above email only for one account. Why ?

Third , what the hell is that ??? - The analysis for which accounts need to be verified is not done by our system but by an external service, based on objective criteria.

What personal information did you give to external service ??? And what external service was that ?

And the fourth , -We will gladly make an exception for you and open up access to your account once you call our support teams and verify your account.

What are you trying to tell ? My account will be closed ? For what ? I have never registered domains with you manually. All domains I have in my accounts were registered through the SnapNames.com . I will not renew my domains with you. I will transfer all of them to another registrar as I always did .

Waiting for your explanations.

Last edited:

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
start a ticket on their website and copy-paste the email you got. they should be able to tell you if it's a scam. never had that before.

looks weird telling you to call and give all that information on your account. if those phone numbers on the email match moniker's actual ph. numbers i'd still not call but do a ticket on their website instead.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, these are actual Moniker numbers. Can you please post the email headers below?

keep

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Delivered-To: my@email
Received: by 10.152.9.71 with SMTP id x7csp636902laa;
Wed, 5 Nov 2014 10:39:51 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.152.4.132 with SMTP id k4mr60667363lak.1.1415212791615;
Wed, 05 Nov 2014 10:39:51 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <[email protected]-systems.net>
Received: from mail-relay-03.key-systems.net (mail-relay-03.key-systems.net. [109.234.108.151])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id xo10si7637225lbb.74.2014.11.05.10.39.51
for <my@email>;
Wed, 05 Nov 2014 10:39:51 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: none (google.com: [email protected]-systems.net does not designate permitted sender hosts) client-ip=109.234.108.151;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=neutral (google.com: [email protected]-systems.net does not designate permitted sender hosts) smtp.mail=[email protected]-systems.net
To: my@email
Subject: Moniker | Account Opening Verification xxxxxxxxx
X-PHP-Originating-Script: 0:Customer.php
Reply-To:
Message-Id: <[email protected]-systems.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 18:39:50 +0000 (UTC)

Dear My Name ,

Thank you for registering your domain with Moniker.

For security reasons, we must verify your account before processing your domain requests.

The analysis for which accounts need to be verified is not done by our system but by an external service, based on objective criteria.

The use of such policies has sadly become necessary due to fraud attempts, especially in the internet business.

Until your account is verified you will only be able to make payments via Bank Transfer

We will gladly make an exception for you and open up access to your account once you call our support teams and verify your account.

To verify your account it will need to be a live call. This again is a onetime call for fraud prevention.

You can call us at 1-800-688-6311 for the account validation. Outside the U.S. and Canada: 954-607-1294

Our hours of operations are Monday-Friday 8:00 am EST - 8:00 pm est.

We look forward to speaking with you.

Please have the following information handy to quickly verify your account.

Account #

Email Address on the account

Phone # on the account

Mailing/Billing Address on the account.

Moniker Support

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators