Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Moniker Escrow Other registrars ??

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does Moniker provide escrow services for domains registered at other registrars ??
Obviously some customers have their "favorite " Registrars and the "60 Day" transfer rule are a few of the reasons for doing this along with cctld's that moniker doesn't have .vc (hint)
If so are the fees the same??

jim

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Q: Does Moniker provide escrow services for domains registered at other registrars ??

A: Yes and no, all domains have to be transfered to moniker before the exchange can take place. This is usually done as part of the escrow process.

Q: Obviously some customers have their "favorite " Registrars and the "60 Day" transfer rule are a few of the reasons for doing this along with cctld's that moniker doesn't have .vc (hint)
If so are the fees the same??

A: You would have to wait until the name is out of the 60 day "lock in" period, or use a different service. I don't think Moniker offers escrow services on ccTLD's that they don't support (see answer to your first question for reason).

- Rob

Reaction score
Yes Moniker can provide escrow services if names cannot transfer due to the 60 day rule or cctlds that do not transfer well through this process. It is of course much more secure to have the registrations go through moniker's escrow account since we are the only service that takes both the domain and the funds into escrow for security then changes ownership and releases funds at the same time.

Since inventing the domain escrow transaction in 1996, we have worked with various situations and all have worked fine.

You can start any transaction and check fees by going to: http://www.moniker.com/aftermarket/escrow.jsp

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MonikerMan said:
Yes Moniker can provide escrow services if names cannot transfer due to the 60 day rule or cctlds that do not transfer well through this process. It is of course much more secure to have the registrations go through moniker's escrow account since we are the only service that takes both the domain and the funds into escrow for security then changes ownership and releases funds at the same time.

Since inventing the domain escrow transaction in 1996, we have worked with various situations and all have worked fine.

You can start any transaction and check fees by going to: http://www.moniker.com/aftermarket/escrow.jsp

Is this a change in policy Monte?

Because when I last used you for escrow a month or so back I asked to have the name be transferred at the current registrar, to speed up the escrow process – I was told by you/your staff that this was not an option, and that all names had to be transferred to Moniker first.

Thanks,
Rob

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the "hands-on" reply Monte ....
Always nice to see ..also John and Don are doing a fine job representing moniker.com ..always wondered how you juggled things before :eek:k:

jim

mclovin

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So how does Moniker handle domains that are at another registrar and within the 60-day window?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Maybe things changed. This is an old thread.

mclovin

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know, but I couldn't find any info at the moniker escrow page and thought someone here might have some experience so I thought I'd "reopen" this one.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know, but I couldn't find any info at the moniker escrow page and thought someone here might have some experience so I thought I'd "reopen" this one.

Hey Mclovin

Click the link below. It'll tell ya everything you need to know. Hey, I'm a poet and I didn't even know it! :smilewinkgrin:

Should you have any additional questions feel free to email me directly.

http://www.moniker.com/aftermarket/domain-escrow.jsp

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've used Moniker escrow for a mid-$xx,xxx transaction and I can say that I had no problems whatsoever.

mclovin

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks jrzeygirl and acro, I saw the moniker info page and I am favorably inclined to use moniker compared to escrow.com, just b/c moniker can actually hold the domain to verify the transfer. My specific query was about how they handle domains that are at other registrars that are within the 60-day window that cannot be transferred to Moniker right away. Does that mean that the transaction cannot be completed until after the 60-day window? Or will moniker verify by checking the whois (in which case there would be no different service than escrow.com in this specific situation)? Maybe in that case, sedo might be better since they accomodate domain pushes at lots of different registrars (maybe moniker handles it like this?)...http://www.dnforum.com/member-jrzeygirl.html

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks jrzeygirl and acro, I saw the moniker info page and I am favorably inclined to use moniker compared to escrow.com, just b/c moniker can actually hold the domain to verify the transfer. My specific query was about how they handle domains that are at other registrars that are within the 60-day window that cannot be transferred to Moniker right away. Does that mean that the transaction cannot be completed until after the 60-day window? Or will moniker verify by checking the whois (in which case there would be no different service than escrow.com in this specific situation)? Maybe in that case, sedo might be better since they accomodate domain pushes at lots of different registrars (maybe moniker handles it like this?)...http://www.dnforum.com/member-jrzeygirl.html

To answer your specific query Mclovin – If a name is newly registered, it cannot be transferred for 60 days however (as Monte mentioned) we can still provide escrow services for these types of escrow transactions. :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom