Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Moniker is pissing me off

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slumbum

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have still gotten the runaround from moniker regarding the bulk renewal I didn't ask for. They say they'll refer it to somebody, or they'll get back with me. It's not kosher with me, and I guess they hope I'll just go away.

Too bad they don't give warning, or at least ask which card they plan to charge. Seems unethical.

Domain Days 2024

slumbum

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Predator.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As of this post I can't find that in SamoaNIC.ws (unless I'm not looking at the right place). But country codes can have their own rules, some of which have required renewals be made nth days before expiry like .uk and .de.

Hi Dave, do you know a way to find out for sure? 90 day early renewals sound far fetched regardless of the extension. Moniker has stopped replying to my request for the 90 day policy verification.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Dave, do you know a way to find out for sure? 90 day early renewals sound far fetched regardless of the extension.

Well, you can maybe email SamoaNIC from their website.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got a support ticket back from Moniker
They say they aim to give you a 30 day grace period. So basically theres no reason to auto renew at all imo, by them or you.

Secondly they said for management reasons if we want to delete names sooner just tell them via support ticket which ones and they will delete.
I just asked them to empty my expired domains folder, i'll let you know if they sort it right.

slumbum

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought I would give Moniker the benefit of the doubt, to spite recent credit card woes I have been having with them.

Since I had prior issues, I deleted all my credit cards from Moniker's system. Tonight I went to purchase my daily domain, and when I entered in my credit card information...it gave me a "zip code error" error message. So I tried my other zip code, tried changing to my other address...tried a few things. Then the system said, "Card already on file"...strange, I thought. I deleted it.

Long story short, I attempted to purchase the domain 7 times with no success. Finally purchased it successfully with Godaddy. I checked my Paypal Accound, and I have 7 purchases. No domains.

Does Moniker keep our credit card on file even when we delete it?
Or have I been singled out for speaking up?

Others are having issues.
http://www.webmasterworld.com/domain_names/3276065.htm

Also, after pointedly complaining to Moniker about there charging me for bulk I didn't request I discovered my rate for domain purchases had gone up by .60 cents per domain from yesterday, and I started getting errors when purchasing domains. My credit card was charged 7 times, but no domain!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom