Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Moniker lost my domain, then charged a recover fee

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
9 posts ago...
Hang on while I get my thesaurus. ;-)

She had to have the last word too ;-)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
16aa0co.jpg

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I transferred a domains to moniker on July of 2007. The domain was "lost" and my contact information was replace with Moniker / Oversee account information.

After two years and numerous support tickets and phone calls Moniker managed to find my domain and billed me a "recovery fee" equal to seven years registration.

Wonderful.

Hey Tres - I'm sorry to hear about this but Moniker has NEVER lost a domain name. Please email me directly and I'll have this looked into immediately.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Sorry Tres,

that is NOT how the scenario worked or works. We paid for those renewals each year for two years on YOUR behalf and asked if you wanted the domain and if you said yes, you were billed a reduced renewal fee for the exact number of years we paid for them. We did this so you would NOT lose the domain. The name was not lost.

Please email me the name and the ticket numbers you have submitted and I will make sure you were treated fairly and the way the program ran.

Thank you

[email protected]

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
We paid for those renewals each year for two years on YOUR behalf

OK, but he was billed for the amount of 7 years registration and didn't have the domain in his account... Where was his domain for 2 years?

Reaction score
I asked to be emailed to investigate this....I do not think he was billed for 7 years but will find out if there was an error or problem.

We are on it as soon as I get the name and the tickets in question via email

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to see not just Bari, but also Monty step in address the issue personally. Nothing could possibly drive my point home more. Moniker is a responsive stand up company.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Glad to see not just Bari, but also Monty step in address the issue personally. Nothing could possibly drive my point home more. Moniker is a responsive stand up company.

I like you wmloz and I'm not here to flame the matter.. Let me just say that the level of service you see on the Forums is NOT always the level you receive behind closed doors... If they were as responsive behind closed doors, we wouldn't be here today discussing this.

And yeah, He had 2 years to post his problem here and didn't do it, But perhaps it wasn't a great domain and it wasn't that important having the domain in his account so long as the name servers were set correctly... It was getting his name back after 2 years and getting slapped with a large fee that really brought it to the forum.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well of course not Raider, but if you don't exhaust the available reasonble avenues, but rather misuse one of the available avenues (dnf) to try and put a good company down, you dont have my support. Having said that, HAD this guy used this forum to get support or contacted Bari or Monty, it would have been resolved. Common sense prevails... In that sense you´re right...we would not be here discussing this today IF HE WOULD HAVE DONE THESE THINGS... Moniker has NEVER lost a name, period.

And no worries about whether you like me or not. Not to be rude, but that is not important to me.

I´m pretty sure it wasn´t a really good domain, or again, we wouldn´t be having this discussion, and no, he´s already said the NS were not correct (as i recall), so definitely not a traffic/rev name.

You said it...2 years...why now?

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Guess what,
this is just a PR.
In actuality they steal the best domains.
They remove them from the accounts.
They change accounts passwords.
There are several cases pending against this Nigerian outfit in the amount of $70+ mil.

Some day we'll see Monte & Bernie share a cell. Not a cell phone! :smilewinkgrin:

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guess what,
this is just a PR.
In actuality they steal the best domains.
They remove them from the accounts.
They change accounts passwords.
There are several cases pending against this Nigerian outfit in the amount of $70+ mil.

Some day we'll see Monte & Bernie share a cell. Not a cell phone! :smilewinkgrin:

Well I must be completely in the dark. I can assure you I am not involved in any PR for Moniker. Just a happy, satisfied customer.

I am sure besides me, every Moniker customer would LOVE to see some proof of names stolen, names removed from accounts, passwords changed, and ESPECIALLY cases pending against this Nigerian outfit, which last time I checked was based in Florida.

Monty / Bari, feel free to chime in anytime, as these are some serious accusations, despite for the moment completely unfounded.

I´m thinking slander?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is what I think is the root to this whole issue.

Today is the first time I received one of these.

Yes, I owned these domains.

No, I do not want to renew them.

It's as simple as that.

mon.jpg

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I´ve elected not to renew several names with Moniker and have never received this message. I also don´t understand how this is the "root" of the issue. Certainly not that clear to me.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I´ve elected not to renew several names with Moniker and have never received this message. I also don´t understand how this is the "root" of the issue. Certainly not that clear to me.
I have never seen one of these until today. Never.

The original OP suggests that moniker "stole" his name and he moved it there two years ago.

That is what this says. Look at the date. 2007.

So the OP thinks that someone at moniker stole his name or changed the WHOIS to someone else - Moniker.

The WHOIS for these particular names are Moniker.

This whole issue is Moniker's way of a final attempt to see if you want this name before it is released to the public.

This is all new, apparently.

But this practice is not new. TDNAM used to change all the dropping domains to their servers. No matter which name you were interested in that was actually a GoDaddy dropping name, the WHOIS always showed GoDaddy as the registrant.

Now that Moniker and Snap (?) are one, this may be a new system. Bari and Monte can shed some light on this.

Perhaps this is form pictured is their form of the same thing GoDaddy sends in an email regarding the Official Final Notice to renew.

I think the OP is freaking out over something (domain name) that he let drop. Both names in my image are not at all worth keeping. I simply removed the green check marks. That's end.

Should be a done deal.

Thanks, Monte, Bari, and Moniker, for giving me one last chance to renew - if that would be my desire.

Seems to me not too long ago you were accusing them of being an offshore outfit.

Now they are in Nigeria???

Do you have your scams and scammers straight?

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like plausible scenario. For sure Moniker can give us the final outcome of this and see if in fact this was the case.

I am still pretty interested in Nigerian, stolen name, changed passwords, etc. accusations, as that is some serious stuff, but dn-101 seems to have gone silent on the matter.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like plausible scenario. For sure Moniker can give us the final outcome of this and see if in fact this was the case.

I am still pretty interested in Nigerian, stolen name, changed passwords, etc. accusations, as that is some serious stuff, but dn-101 seems to have gone silent on the matter.
It all seems very legit to me.

I would have registered these two names at moniker for a period of 2 years.

They expired.

Purely coincidence that the OP posted this today and I got this today? Both he and I stating 2007? Both of these names now registered to Moniker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom