Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Moniker problem logging in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem logging into Moniker today.
Been a couple of hours and I cant still cant get in to reg a couple of names.

John

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Togoodhlth said:
Anyone else having a problem logging into Moniker today.
Been a couple of hours and I cant still cant get in to reg a couple of names.

John
Yes

M

mole

Internal System Error (Code 500)

It appears that a System Error has occurred while processing your request. This error may be due to system maintenance at the time.

The Moniker Operations Team has been automatically notified and will try to correct the problem as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact us for more information or if you have any questions. We can be reached via email at [email protected]

Thank You,

Moniker Security Team

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am having the same problems.

Anything which relies on their forwarding is also down, bad news if you’re forwarding to PPC companies.

I read an email from them recently and it mentions some new features they’re adding, maybe this downtime has something to do with that.

- Rob

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TISSCA said:
I am having the same problems.

Anything which relies on their forwarding is also down, bad news if you’re forwarding to PPC companies.

I read an email from them recently and it mentions some new features they’re adding, maybe this downtime has something to do with that.

- Rob

If You use parking program namservers You will not have this problem.
And whois looks down also ?

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
If You use parking program namservers You will not have this problem.
And whois looks down also ?

Yes, whois is down.

- Rob

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have found many downtimes with Moniker.

Earlier this week I found quite a few of my domains that pointed to PPC mysteriously changed the www forwarding to Moniker's homepage. This is not the first time this has happened.

I am not happy with Moniker's service and this is probably the last straw for me.

-=DCG=-

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
I have found many downtimes with Moniker.

Earlier this week I found quite a few of my domains that pointed to PPC mysteriously changed the www forwarding to Moniker's homepage. This is not the first time this has happened.

I am not happy with Moniker's service and this is probably the last straw for me.

-=DCG=-

What registrar You use then? Any good suggestions?
I only use enom and moniker, if I get any other registrar I probably transfer it to moniker.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
What registrar You use then? Any good suggestions?
I only use enom and moniker, if I get any other registrar I probably transfer it to moniker.

To be quite honest, I will stick with Enom until Moniker cleans up its act, I have now suffered 75% downtime this week with Moniker on some domains.. That's 75% more than I get with my Enom domains. Now any domains that forward to ppc with Moniker are dead, and I have about 1400 their that do.

When you make lots on ppc this is quite costly.

-=DCG=-

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
To be quite honest, I will stick with Enom until Moniker cleans up its act, I have now suffered 75% downtime this week with Moniker on some domains.. That's 75% more than I get with my Enom domains. Now any domains that forward to ppc with Moniker are dead, and I have about 1400 their that do.

When you make lots on ppc this is quite costly.

-=DCG=-

Yeah, but why not use parking program namservers? Even enom -s free url forwarding has his downtime. I also stopped using enom`s and moniker`s free url-forwarding service, and did get some nice results with domainsponsor free service (proredirect).

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My problem was I didnt want to lose traffic and I have 4 dedicated windows servers boxes besides the ones that run this forum.

The problem is under windows 2004, you can redirect the 404 traffic for each domain to itself but you cannot do the same for wildcard traffic. All wildcard traffic must go to one place regardless of the domain name.

Please let me know if someone has found a workaround to this.

Best wishes for the new year,

-=DCG=-

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
My problem was I didnt want to lose traffic and I have 4 dedicated windows servers boxes besides the ones that run this forum.

The problem is under windows 2004, you can redirect the 404 traffic for each domain to itself but you cannot do the same for wildcard traffic. All wildcard traffic must go to one place regardless of the domain name.

Please let me know if someone has found a workaround to this.

Best wishes for the new year,

-=DCG=-

I will get back to you on this Tuesday when I'm back in the office.
I am pretty sure my programmer has solved this issue.

John

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks John!

much appreaciated.

-=DCG=-

Reaction score
Folks - the registry did go down for unscheduled maintenance late last night. It created a situation where our data base had to restart and it took too long. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused any of you. All is back up and has been for some time.

As most of you know, we are almost ready to launch our new back end and site. We are in the middle of internal bug testing and then will pick a few willing customers to help us find bugs. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Moniker is up!

Thanks,

[email protected]

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mcahn said:
We are in the middle of internal bug testing and then will pick a few willing customers to help us find bugs. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

[email protected]

Hi, I would help testing, if You need it.
I think You know my email, I am Gunther

Reaction score
DotComGod,

As you are aware, your issue was unrelated to last night's issue. It involved names being pushed from one account to another and the previous account's forwarding instructions came with the domains.

This was addressed immediately when you brought it to our attention. If I am mistaken, please email me and let me know - [email protected]

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monte,

I did not want to air this publicly but it's too late.

That story is not true, the names worked originally, then they stopped.

I have Google reports that show them working after the transfer.

Besides if what you say is true, it is even worse, that would mean they have not been forwarding correctly by your system for over a 8 months.

We can take this private if you wish.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom