Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So i recieved a bid at moniker and called my portfolio rep. She told me if there was no contact made by wenesday to call and she would send over the forms. This morning i called her and she told me that if the bidder does not respond then the sale is considered over. What should i do?? I know when i bid for a name it is listed as a binding contract if the seller accepts the offer. Who should i contact???? Is this normal at Moniker?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Christian.

Domain Days 2024

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did the fake bid caused you some material damage ? Or just "psychlogical damage"...

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about??
You wrote "So i recieved a bid at moniker".
Someone bid on some of your domain I suppose ? Any damage caused you by this ?

If I am getting it wrong, you tell me what are YOU tlaking about...

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So if I make a bid and change my mind they will just cancel the sale?
Doesn't instill confidence in me as a potential seller with them...

So i recieved a bid at moniker and called my portfolio rep. She told me if there was no contact made by wenesday to call and she would send over the forms. This morning i called her and she told me that if the bidder does not respond then the sale is considered over. What should i do?? I know when i bid for a name it is listed as a binding contract if the seller accepts the offer. Who should i contact???? Is this normal at Moniker?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Christian.

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am talking about what my recourse is IF ANY. THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT DENNY!!!

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And why you WANT a "recourse" ? Did the fake bid cause you any damage of any kind ? Otherwise it is like a car ALMOST hit me on the street and I will ask for recourse...

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do me a favor Denny... Don't respond anymore. In Canada and the US a binding contract is just that if you can't just make an offer on a home and withdraw when the seller agrees. Your analogy and lack of understanding makes me understand your first point that is you missed the point.

Sorry just the truth.

any help is appreciated guys and jaydub your right it does not instill much confidence in me either.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So you saying I come to a shop and tell: "Give me one pund of this ham". And before anything happens I tell "Oh no, I do not want the ham" but the seller says "No way, you already said you want the ham, now I will FORCE YOU to buy it". Sorry - thats too crazy even for the US....

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So you saying I come to a shop and tell: "Give me one pund of this ham". And before anything happens I tell "Oh no, I do not want the ham" but the seller says "No way, you already said you want the ham, now I will FORCE YOU to buy it". Sorry - thats too crazy even for the US....

Yeah but before the bidder makes the bid there is a disclaimer saying once you place the bid you are required to follow through with the sale if the seller agrees. I am the seller i have agreed.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah but before the bidder makes the bid there is a disclaimer saying once you place the bid you are required to follow through with the sale if the seller agrees. I am the seller i have agreed.
And the bidder is probably John Doe IP 232.211.222.155, anyway if your goods is SOLID you do not need to care about one wrongful bid as many other will come. If you are however selling a DUD...

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i admit my name probably is not as good as earrrrrrrrrrth.com but then again who's is? Seriously any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but welcome to the world of domain selling...I get a few of these a week.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i admit my name probably is not as good as earrrrrrrrrrth.com
Not sure if I am detecting sarcasm here but FYI earrth.com makes about $2.50/day, not bad for a $7 reg fee.

Seriously any help would be much appreciated.
OK here is help from Denny: get the fok over it !

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow you look much happier in your picture...maybe your bandana's on too tight fok is a four letter word by the way.

Do you know your name is a restaurant in the US maybe you should sue them for Denny infringement.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
your name is a restaurant in the US maybe you should sue them for Denny infringement.
Yeah my attorney is working on that

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
revolution1, you are absolutely right. The person that makes the bid on your domain
names have to agree to the rules posted by moniker. If the deal doesn't happen you
can demand from moniker information about the other party. After that you can decide
to take any legal action or not. In most cases it is not worth it as you understand.
Sedo provides this information if the deal fails. I know this for sure. I always ask for
information about bidders like this.

revolution1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
revolution1, you are absolutely right. The person that makes the bid on your domain
names have to agree to the rules posted by moniker. If the deal doesn't happen you
can demand from moniker information about the other party. After that you can decide
to take any legal action or not. In most cases it is not worth it as you understand.
Sedo provides this information if the deal fails. I know this for sure. I always ask for
information about bidders like this.

Thanks Provider. The reason i am upset is b/c the offer was for a sizeable amount of money.

Thanks,
Christian.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom