Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker MONIKER Support SUCKS big time !

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I moved names to Moniker after seeing how GD violates every day their privacy contract we pay $8.99/name/yr for but you'll be losing decent support to get better security. I decided to post my last 3 incidents w/Moniker not only to make sure my problems are resolved & questions answered but also to see an improvement in "SUPPORT" and this "support" needs it, does i ever...

INCIDENT #1 (Unresloved)

I moved 3 expensive names to Moniker, last thing I wanted was the WHOIS to show my info when they got to Moniker, added privacy at transfer time (I just realized 1 of the 3 names was never invoiced as having privacy so the system must've deleted that extra before pymt, I did add that on all 3) My issue then refers to 2 names plus an unauthorized charge for a 4th domain already there

Often w/them you do not get privacy after a transfer, you need to complain in writing, so for starters if their systems are not equipped to provide privacy automatically when domains get to Moniker, why then offer that feature at transfer time ? simply have customers add it when the name is in their acct, or why doesn't the system tell people we're encouraged to wait until the name is there to add it, last time I asked, PRIVACY AND SECURITY WENT HAND N HAND , they can't continue to be 1 of the so-called top registrars for security if privacy transactions are botched, this has happened so many times, lost count, so unless you want to be given a run-around, do not add privacy when you ask for a transfer, if you do, ck your acct, 2/3 rds of the time it will not be added unless you complain

The 2 names for which I was charged privacy of course didn't get it, after waiting days I wrote to them, in the past that had been enough, not this time.....also, while waiting, i mistakenly added privacy AGAIN (and paid for it again) to 1 of the 2 names, explained that too....So far all thay had to do was add privacy to the 1 name that still doesn't have it AND refund me for the privacy i paid twice by error on the 2nd

I also told them their wonder of a system changed my prefs to Auto-Renewal for the privacy feature on some names, when I had never set that up and it's certainly not in my Preferences, I had no idea they even had separate preferences for sub-products and this is NOT in the default settings I've seen, so when time came to "AUTO-RENEW" privacy on a name w/o my authorization, the system took $4 instead of the $2 they claim privacy costs people w/balances of $50 or more (Prepaid Plan I) my bal was $50 on that day, I go out of my way to keep bal at $50 at least, the bal only became $46 AFTER the system deducted $4 from my acct, I even recommended this on a post from a different thread and she didn't even address this problem in her email below, I've also gone thru "CONTACTS" and done "ADD PRIVACY BACK TO ALL NAMES THAT HAVE IT" ( once before the privacy I paid for was there, hidden, and I had to "retrieve" it, we don't need this, I work f/t ! )

Afterwards, this "SENIOR" rep sends me this email and "CLOSED" the inquiry, she claims I have not paid for privacy for 1 name (I HAVE Order ID # 11111 in front of me, PRIVACY - $2) or for the other name (I paid twice for privacy on this one, ORDER ID # 22222 and ORDER ID # 33333, EACH showing Privacy - $2 ) All the while, your expensive names for which you paid so much remain vulnerable as any hacker can see the public WHOIS, and guys: THIS IS WHY WE PAY FOR PRIVACY ! NOT SO MUCH TO KEEP DOMAIN OWNERSHIP A SECRET, if only the "most secure registrar in the world" would try to understand this !

I'll be sending a follow-up email to her mgr (as per her email stamp) and to someone else who appears in another email who's appparently a mgr @ Oversee.net, this is b & w stuff ! ... the invioces are displaying as i type this, what can we expect of a support unit which CANNOT EVEN TELL THAT PRIVACY WAS PAID ? THIS ISN'T SCUMBAG EURO DNS WHERE SOME LOUSY NAME FROM EBAY WAS PUSHED TO YOU, THIS IS THE PEOPLE WE'RE TOLD ( Right here by the experts on DNF )TO RELY ON FOR OUR MOST VALUABLE NAMES, AND UNLESS FABULOUS HAS YOU AS A MONETIZATION CUST, OR YOU'RE OK PAYING THEM $29.99 FOR REGS/RENS/TRANS, WELL THERE JUST AREN'T OTHER CHOICES ! I also asked that Support double-ck all my AUTO-RENEWALS for Sub-Products, like privacy, are set to MANUAL, I did that already but their outdated UI seems to hold lots of addtnl screens & info that aren't easily accessible unless you're a pro, she did not address that either

If you're thinking this isn't much $, that is not the issue, is this the service you want when you get a security breach, have an urgent transfer problem, renewal issue or even billing matter ? those are the people you have entrusted w/your domains, this is simply not acceptable, nor does this only happen w/issues that aren't "major", my next post will illustrate this

After an Oversee.net mgr who can read and has been trained answers me and explains to me why a "Senior Client Services Rep" cannot tell black from white w/all my invoices on her own screen, I will post here if/how it was resolved. Pls email me directly. Do not post any details here. I also look fwd to your assuring people who bring you so much business that despite this having happened so many times to me and others, we should expect improvements from you...(btw the list she refers to in her email below is wrong, she sent me a list of transactions but I have no idea who generated that & based on what ! it's not complete & the things I did pay for aren't there but I have the invoices and CC records)

PS ...I ALREADY DECIDED TO POST MY OTHER 2 INCIDENTS LATER HERE FOR ALL TO "JUDGE" NO MATTER HOW EFFECTIVELY THIS ONE IS RESOLVED

----- Forwarded Message ----

To: XXXXX
Sent: Sun, November 22, 2009 10:53:12 AM
Subject: PRIVACY problems

Moniker Account number: XXXXX

Hello XXXXX,
Thank you for contacting us. I see no records of you double paying for privacy on XXXXX.COM. You paid for the service once. And was billed once. For the other domain name please see below what you ordered. Privacy was never selected for these name ____________Status: Closed

Regards,

Carla Clarke
Sr. Client Services Representative
Oversee Domain Services
Supporting Moniker, SnapNames & DomainSponsor
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Manager info :
Rob McClinton
Director of Inside Sales
Oversee Domain Services

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators