Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Monte why not invest in your support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monte,

I guess I am not the only one.
But it has become a true nightmare having his domains at Moniker!

I was very happy with your service until 2 events appears:

a) We needed the EPP code to can transfer in/out domains.

b) Your support started to be VERY VERY VERY long to respond and sometimes DO NO RESPOND at all!

I have several domains pending to be transfered for weeks due to these 2 points.

I just have ONE question:

Are you planning to spend a little of this money you earned at TRAFFIC to offer a BETTER and FASTER SUPPORT?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my only problem with moniker is how long the site takes to load. i don't have this problem elsewhere. give monte a pm, he's a good guy. i'm sure he'll sort any probs you have.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I already exchanged few mails with Monte in the past.
Yes he is a good guy.

But I do not want he only resolves my own problem.
But I want he resolves it for ALL his clients.

This support problem is now happening very often these last months.
In fact I will say it is now THE NORM to have to wait 4 or 5 days to get a response.
And 1 out 3 times there is simply no response.
So No, I will not send him any PM.

I want he spend money to give us the same GREAT service he was offering us last year.

He has a good reputation built after years of works.
It will be stupid Moniker start losing his reputation for not employ a pair of people more in his support staff.

P.S:
Sorry Monte to be a pain, but I posted several times about this problem this last times and still see no improvements.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would agree with Francois on the time to reply to support emails.

I like the guy too (Monte) but in business you need good service - not good guy.

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
One more thing. Those guys sometimes do not know what they are doing. Last time, I asked them to cancel a domain transfer request that I initiated with GD, and they told me that I had to cancel it with GD. But after I replied the email that they sent me with the cancellation request, the transfer was killed! WTF

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why is life so difficult sometimes ?? :?:

Why isn't everything simple and straight forward in life ??

Why oh Why oh Why :disappointed:

Nacho

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have found myself very frustrated as well lately, with them repeatedly over promising and under delivering, and then covering up their behavior with lame excuses!

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with francois, moniker is a GREAT company and the only thing they are behind at is support. Fix that and you will blow away all concurrence

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree with francois, moniker is a GREAT company and the only thing they are behind at is support. Fix that and you will blow away all concurrence

They are expensive too. 6.95 .com charged by GD. comes with free email forwarding, free hosting, total DNS control etc. which add up to be more than 20 @ moniker. If you got an executive account with GD, they won't charge you for ICANN fee.

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not complaint about the price.
If you estimate others have better pricing or more services for the same price then don't use Moniker.
No, I complaint because it's a registrar I was very happy to use and that now have a very bad support.
That's my only concern.

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker for me always answers the phone for support right away. Perhaps since you are in France you would be happier with a French registrar that might be a local call to you for support. E-mail support can be a real pain with any registrar. Perhaps Monte will add a support ticket system to bettter respond to/track electronic support requests...

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am talking here about email support.
I guess that's the way most are asking for support.

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am talking here about email support.
I guess that's the way most are asking for support.
I guess most may use E-mail for support from their registrar, but one of the key reasons I am at Moniker is due to their excellent phone support.

They always resolve my problems within minutes of my phone call. I have even talked to Monte once via phone to resolve an issue and also talked to their system administrator tracking down an Internet backbone connectivity issue. They seem to really try to please.

I don't use E-mail support with them, so sounds like they need a ticket/tracking system for people overseas and those who prefer to not pick up the phone for support...

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They do not need any ticket/tracking system.
Their email support was GREAT last year.
They just need to hire a pair of folks more to can offer the same quality level that made their reputation.
It's long to establish a reputation and so fast to destroy it...
These few thousands dollars to pay for the additional support folk is peanuts compared with their montly benefices.
So I am wondering why there is now +4 months they are providing this so bad email quality support putting their business at risk????

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They do not need any ticket/tracking system.
Their email support was GREAT last year.

Disagree,

If your request is real important, you need that request entered into record. I'll give you one example using the current email system; I have a seller agreement that is going to renew in 1-2 days, I send Moniker an email today asking them not to renew it, I never get an answer or confirmation, If I were to sell a domain that was listed on there auction anytime after that, I would NOT be obligated to pay Moniker 15% of that sale, but there is NO record I cancelled, it turns into a "I sent it" "I never received it" argument...

I think Ticket systems are great, there time stamped and everything that was written and exchanged is accessible to both parties....It would also force Moniker into answering them in a timely manner, as is it now, they don't track response time.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd have to agree, Moniker is a great company, but could use a little work.

1.) Support emails answered in a timely manor and make sure ALL emails are answered. I can't tell you how much over the last couple of months I have had to email twice or three times to receive a response.

2.) Get rid of the spinning icons when checking for domain availability. If not, allow the user to select in his options the default TLD's to search when making a search. Then don't check all the TLD's anyways. You check .com but it checks all but only puts a checkbox next to .com. To me to search the availability of names I get from the top of my head, I trot over to Godaddy. I type in a domain, hit enter, viola! I type in something else, hit enter, Viola.

No typing in something, waiting 5-10 secs, then have to type, etc.

My only peev's about Moniker. Other than that, I could use an account rep who actually responds to my emails, instead of me always having to email support.

Reaction score
Wow - well all I can say is that we will try to do better. we are a growing company and expanding both our support and our sales departments. we just expanded our office space, moved internally, added additional people and have more to add, implemented a new phone system, new support ticket system, improved site load times and more.

I hear you and will make sure we continue to serve everyone the best we can.

Please email me any non responsive issues and copy support and we will make sure they are addressed.

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Wow - well all I can say is that we will try to do better. we are a growing company and expanding both our support and our sales departments. we just expanded our office space, moved internally, added additional people and have more to add, implemented a new phone system, new support ticket system, improved site load times and more.

I hear you and will make sure we continue to serve everyone the best we can.

Please email me any non responsive issues and copy support and we will make sure they are addressed.

Show up at the right time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom