Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

More then one post within 24 hrs (even if having to pay dnf $)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Surely there is has to be a better solution to only permitting one sale in forum within a 24 hr period. Im sure I speak for alot of members when saying it can become very restrictive at times. Even if you had to charge DNF $ for additional posts to prevent abuse of it, we should have this option I reckon.

Upvote 0

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One can always list multiple domains in a single thread. It's a lot easier that way. 1 thread with 100 names is a lot better than 100 threads with 1 name.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GeorgeK said:
One can always list multiple domains in a single thread. It's a lot easier that way. 1 thread with 100 names is a lot better than 100 threads with 1 name.

That's definately ok with undeveloped domains, but when you have developed sites (which have alot more selling points to list) which you want to sell, it's just not practical. Also having the domain in the title brings alot more attention to the listing.

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that allowing more then 1 thread for sale is a horrible idea especially for a forum of this size. I mean there are times where I've needed to post more then once but couldn't, but I see this restricting as maintaning the integrity of the site. The 'For Sale' section would get crowded. A person's domain name would probably only last on the first page for a few hours. It would be a mess. I look at NP because they allow it and most of the times its a bunch of junk names being offered and people have to filter through a crap load of names that was just added for that day.

Its just a bad idea to open up pendora's box.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trentino said:
most of the times its a bunch of junk names being offered and people have to filter through a crap load of names that was just added for that day.

I did suggest perhaps going the paid option to prevent this kind of abuse...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GeorgeK said:

I agree with this.

Also, personally when I view the "sales" thread and I see the same members threads all the time, I tend to ignore them.

It's sad to say, but true.

The "1 thread per 24 hr." rule, was inacted to give equal exposure to all sales listings.

One can always purchase a "sticky thread" to give their advertisement more exposure!

T

tekz999

Yes, this one I dislike also. But the one thing I dislike most is disallowing "pm sent". No more public awareness!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dcristo said:
Fair enough, but if one is paying for a certain privilege, where does equal come into it? :)

"paying"?

Paying for what?

You only pay a "1 time" membership fee, to get all privileges of that level.

Paying for a "sticky" thread, holds your advertisement on top, for a specific period.

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whats the rush? If the sales section has to be put into question. DNF with the current member base that it has, should come up with some sort of Selling / VB Hack to put sales up on. Leave the Forum section for questions and answers.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
POLiSH said:
Whats the rush? If the sales section has to be put into question. DNF with the current member base that it has, should come up with some sort of Selling / VB Hack to put sales up on. Leave the Forum section for questions and answers.

I'm sorry, but I didnt understand one word of what you just said...?

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dcristo said:
I'm sorry, but I didnt understand one word of what you just said...?
Try an English dictionary. All the words with the exception of DNF and VB will be in there.

He's saying that they should install a mod to handle sales, and the threads would just be for questions.

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's a great rule. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing it more strict. This forum is so busy that stuff scrolls off the first page in less than a day.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I suggested the 24 hour non-bump rule a while back. I think it's a great safeguard; other forums that have no such limits suffer from a lack of quality names for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom