Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

most expensive domain sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bob,
That was a good example of the domain business using a baseball
plays.

You could also take it a little bit further. Comparing it to major and minor
leagues. And, the teams among the major league.

And, can we also include WLS as the team payroll ceiling?

But, my big question is - why is my game alway having a "rain delay"?

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
so let me see.
Other than the grand sale for $500K, most of us are not really making that much money.
:angry:

I honestly hate disclosing sales figures. However I also hate being aknowledged as a little shit.
So just FYI - I've made six figures profit from domain sales this year alone.

Best.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You could still be a little shit and sell millions worth a year. ;)

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by actnow

But, my big question is - why is my game alway having a "rain delay"?

ROFL

Many good points have been brought up. While I have had a Grand Slam, a few Home Runs and some RBI's... The bottom line is, are you making money or losing it? Currently I spend my time making singles and a few doubles along the way - and a shit load of singles add up to a winning score.

You need to establish a value for your time - or at least set some personal goals and guidelines.

BTW Bob, act.com was purchased on Yahoo! Auctions for $5k and resold for the $500k 13 months later. Sometimes the pearls are just laying on the beach, you just need to be able to recognize them. Great Domains was the broker (when they used to have a staff...).

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I seem to only hit sacrafice bunts. :)

Every now and then I score a run but if I wasn't alteast making a little money I would find something else to do. The internet is a great place for us and there is always a way to make some coin.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by actnow
I made a 6 figure sale last week.

TheDishStore.com

Does $ 1,100.00 count as 6 figures?

Definitely. And, if you make it $1,100.000 you can count it as a 7 figure sale. :-D

mantra

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
alright, so I see alot of people have sold some names for decent amount of money. But how do you sell them? Who are you selling them to? What is your approach to selling them.

For example: TheDishStore.com, how did you sell that? I would have never thought to register a name like that.. .but it worked out for you.

Thanks

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by mantra
alright, so I see alot of people have sold some names for decent amount of money. But how do you sell them? Who are you selling them to? What is your approach to selling them.

The approach that people use varies. Some people just flip names for a 10% profit to other resellers. Other people wait for end-users to approach them. Others get out there and actively market names to companies who might have an interest.

Me personally, I put up a forsale page / popup on my domain names. I figure anybody who tries to visit the domain is a potential buyer. I get a lot of garbage emails, but I have landed numerous sales through the forsale page / popup. When I no longer have an interest in a name, I try to sell names here in the forsale section for cheap.

-Bob

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LewR
... act.com was purchased on Yahoo! Auctions for $5k and resold for the $500k 13 months later.
Now THAT was good, I must say.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just sold neti.net for $1400 yesterday
Highest so far $1500, but I started this business just few years back, maybe in 2001 year.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by stuff
Just sold neti.net for $1400 yesterday
Highest so far $1500, but I started this business just few years back, maybe in 2001 year.
Congratulations. But I doubt if there are more than a couple of us who actually started more than "a few years back". ;) I started back in 1997, so it's only 6 years. Those who entered the scene earlier, like in 1994 or earlier and are still not retiring in Provence (or Nice or whatever) should really reflect. LOL!

Keyworddomains.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I made my first sale for a german .de domain in 2000 for 3000,- "DeutschMark", but this year is my personal point of break even (is this correct english ???)

My highest sale was a package deal of 4 german names at sedo.de for 15.000 Euro, highest single domain sale was a german .com for 12.500 Euro.
Highest .org sale was for 8.000 Euro - .org is doing very good for me :).

I invested 10.000 Euro and made more than 50.000 Euro(not $ ;-)) with 63 sales so far.
At the end of this year i probably will have made 70.000 Euro.
So i made more money with selling domains (which still is my hobby) than my main job.
But i am thinking about quitting my job someday or at least work less there and spent more time here.
I´ve got always a lack of time, always think there is so much more i could do better.

tassos

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mantra

For example: TheDishStore.com, how did you sell that? I would have never thought to register a name like that.. .but it worked out for you.

Thanks

i sold travelpad.com for 900$ in this forum
i sold yart.net for 3,000 $ from an email i got (guy from netherlands)
i get about 5 emails per week for my domains

i was asked to sell ( by email from people that searched who is):

TVproductions.net ( from the previous owner ) for 500$ and i didnt
ringtones.bz had an offer for 500$ - i didn t ( i must be crazy..)
fyrom.com 5,000$ -i didn t sell it
NYyankees.net 200$ - i didn t sell it
ChicagoBull.net 300$ - i didn t
MessMedia.com - i didn t

and Yakov offered me 500$ for EliteModelAgency.com and i didn t sell it...

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ha wish I could get at least a thousand!

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob

The approach that people use varies. Some people just flip names for a 10% profit to other resellers. Other people wait for end-users to approach them. Others get out there and actively market names to companies who might have an interest.

Me personally, I put up a forsale page / popup on my domain names. I figure anybody who tries to visit the domain is a potential buyer. I get a lot of garbage emails, but I have landed numerous sales through the forsale page / popup. When I no longer have an interest in a name, I try to sell names here in the forsale section for cheap.

-Bob

Bob, I have over 4,000 names out there with for sale signs on them. At times the email would get deafening - but ever since I put a minimum price amount on my generic pages - email has dropped 80% but sales went up about 30%. Having a for sale page increases your sales tremendously and has worked the best for me. My sites are simple, I am working to improve as we speak.

My main generic page - http://www.lewr.net is where I forward most domains to - also http://www.MedicalDomains.com and http://www.NjDomains.com cover the rest

Oddest name for a decent price? I sold "BeerTender.com" for $10k, a name I picked up on a drop (before drop services even existed)

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Highest single sale since 1996 (with site attached): $80,000 approx.
Highest single sale since 1996 ("naked" domain): $16,000 approx.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I registered my first domain last year. My highest sale was a couple of months ago for $1K. I'm concentrating on upping the quality of my domains in readiness for the "homerun" :-D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom