Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Most fun & annoying experiences with domain end-users

Status
Not open for further replies.

craiglandy

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here are some of our more 'interesting' learning curve issues with selling domains to end-users:

1. "You want $1,200 for descriptivedomain.com but I can register descriptivedomain4-U-123.com right now for only $6.00"
2. "I’m entitled to your domain onlinediscounts.com because the name of my company is ‘Betty & Fred’s Online Discounts-Rus."
3. "Some automated tool says your domain is worth $____. Surely it must be accurate."
4. "I’m interested in your domain 24hourbroker.com but I can’t spend much because I’m a student."
5. "You’ve had your domain since 1997. You’ve obviously never had anyone interested before."

Any of these happen to you? Add your own....

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"We already have a domain name."

"Oh, so, like, you're, like, one of those guys who buys domain names and tries to sell them for hundreds of dollars?"

Him: "I prefer to build a brand on my own name and reputation."
Me: "What about people who are coming from outside of Toronto? They're not searching for you, because they don't know you. They're searching for the keywords."
Him: "Well, I do a lot of advertising too, people always know how to find me. Even if I wanted a new web address, I could just register one for $10 or so."

"We're currently investing a lot of money into our SEO and stuff, so I think we're pretty well covered right now."

That last one was coming from the person who hired these guys who do "seo and stuff". I wanted to pick her up, shake her, and ask her what the matter with her is. It's actually painful to think that these people are employable in any sort of marketing capacity.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$2800? I was thinking more like $200. There are legal issues regarding the profitability of certifiable domain names against companies here in the United States.

The resources below are a guideline, under the position that an existing company or product does not already have entitlement upon expiration of the domain lease. This was the result of substantial litigation in the late 1990s when persons would purchase hundreds and hundreds of domain names in the early stages of the Internet in the hopes of making millions of dollars by selling them to the corporations who already had those names secured.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed in allowing us to secure the rights back to our domain.

.......:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom