Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Most secure registrar? Also looking for best places to get .de domains and other TLDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
moniker.com, domainsystems.com, aceofdomains.com, and coolhandle.com.

Moniker.com is our flagship registrar - been operating since 1999. When we took it over in 2002 it was ranked 89th out of 105 registrars operating. It is now ranked 16th out of 450.

DomainSystems.com (Formerly known as HitDomains.com) became famous for selling the first domain name for $1M - wallstreet.com and the first domain for $2M - autos.com. We have since sold some of the most valuable domain names ever sold on the web. Names such as eCommerce.com, Mortgage.com, me.com, truck.com, etoys suite of names when they went under, etc. Started it out of my 3rd bedroom in 1999.

Aceofdomains.com we picked up about a year ago and it is used to capture expired domains and we will position its offering this year.

Coolhandle.com is our web hosting and email solutions company - great hosting at great prices.

let me know if you need anything else.

rdmedia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info mcahn! I think I will open an account with Moniker now :)

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can verify that Moniker is very secure, had to transfer a name out of them and even though I thought it was a pain to call someone up to transfer it out, I liked the assurance it gave me security wise. Going to be moving some of my higher value names there soon.

Besides Moniker, I am also really happy with Fabulous. They have an option that is an executive lock that you can place on a domain which means it has to be verified that you are the owner before anyone can modify/transfer it out.

Both registrars have great support.

rdmedia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I opened an account with Moniker today, althought the single domain reg is kinda pricey ($18.99) they have excellent bulk offers (the credits system)

Too bad they do not offer whois protection, that's one thing I liked about RegisterFly

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom