Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

MURDER.NET - Today Sale just for $800

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockshark

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I own muder.net and my godaddy account was hijacked a couple of days ago. Unfortunately it looks like murder.net was transferred out. I have filed a form with godaddy but haven't received any response from them. So right now the domain is in limbo - according to godaddy whois the domain is now registered to someone other than me. It's really unfortunate this happened, I am shocked how easy it is for someone to sell a domain that doesn't belong to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes it I registered to me now. Call godaddy and tell them your damn account was compromised so I can get a confirmation from godaddy stating this.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

I need this confirmation for my paypal claim.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I own muder.net and my godaddy account was hijacked a couple of days ago.

did you get ICANN update email from godaddy recentlyand click on any links within that email?

Auction-Pros

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for all that were involved. My Gmail account was hacked into and the person took over my DN & DP Forum accounts. He also stole 3 domains from me. However, I was able to get back 2 so far from Godaddy. Also, a nice admin has restored my account here. I also recovered my Gmail account too. My password was good, so I'm not sure how he hacked into my account. I'm from California like someone posted in this thread. I also have 100% feedback and sold hundreds of items on eBay and other forums.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hello,

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for all that were involved. My Gmail account was hacked into and the person took over my DN & DP Forum accounts. He also stole 3 domains from me. However, I was able to get back 2 so far from Godaddy. Also, a nice admin has restored my account here. I also recovered my Gmail account too. My password was good, so I'm not sure how he hacked into my account. I'm from California like someone posted in this thread. I also have 100% feedback and sold hundreds of items on eBay and other forums.

Good to see the real primster7 is back :D

A few pointers:

1. Take your computer offline, scan it for viruses, trojans etc. with a commercial grade tool.
2. Once clear, create a new admin email for your domain accounts
3. Use strong passwords
4. Don't share passwords among forums
5. Never use AIM or other chat software

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
6. Don't click on links in E-mail messages supposedly sent by godaddy... phishing is a chronic plague

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about scanning for viruses, etc., then backing up your data files, then wipe your hard drive clean and start over just in case. These days you never know.

exponent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
primster7, I can't find the thread anymore (it's been deleted), but MURDER.NET was also listed on NP, so if you have an account there, let me know and I can help get that straightened up for you.

wau

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there a suspect in this murder or is it a cold case?

Can't believe your the first that came up with this.

It's a good thing you are getting your domains back, gives me a little more trust in godaddy.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy is the biggest culprit in the hijackings. I wonder why?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
GoDaddy is the biggest culprit in the hijackings. I wonder why?

A lot of suckers apparently fell for the usual (and ever-improved) phishing emails. DON'T CLICK ON EMAIL LINKS, PEOPLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom