Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Murder Suspect Selling Namesys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Story

DUBLIN, California -- Hans Reiser, the prominent Bay Area Linux programmer charged with murdering his wife, says he's seeking to sell off his open-source file system company, Namesys, to help pay mounting legal costs.

In the first interview since his arrest, Reiser spoke this week about the future of his company and his legal travails from within the walls of Santa Rita Jail, where he is being held without bail.

"I just keep thinking that I'm stuck in George Orwell's 1984," he said while shackled, dressed in a red, prison-issue jumpsuit, and locked in a cement room. "The government has taken away my kids, invaded my house, held me in solitary confinement and caused me all sorts of financial problems."

William DuBois, Reiser's attorney, says Reiser is running out of money to pay for his defense. "This is a unique opportunity for someone to buy the company for pennies on the dollar," DuBois said. "We welcome all vultures."

Nina and Hans Reiser had been separated for nearly two years when she disappeared in early September. The divorce proceedings were bitter and involved mutual accusations of assault. Though no body has been found, Reiser was arrested Oct. 10 after the Oakland Police Department found small drops of blood in his house and on his Honda CRX. DNA testing tied the blood to Nina Reiser.

Reiser vigorously asserts his innocence. His lawyer has said that Reiser spent the weekend of his wife's disappearance at home with his kids after she dropped them off. Reiser's 7-year-old son testified that his mother gave him a hug and left the house, never to be seen again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom