Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Must lower Buy It Now pricing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brujah

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received a batch of emails with the general concept being that I must lower the BIN price on my premium dictionary and product domain names.

"To maintain the integrity of the marketplace for our users, Afternic reviews all “buy now” pricing . In reviewing your name, we determined that the Buy Now Price of xxxxx.com must be lower than or equal to $20000."

Why would I want to do that?

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
exactly?

the platform is not supposed to decide any limit of the asking price..

this is absurd!

ps: just chek if they dont have any review in policy on pricing slabs .. like sedo charges for listing a domain more then xxxxx

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have heard from multiple people on this topic and have had the same issues. Very strange things are going on at Afternic. They did this to someone who did not lower the price and then a few days later the name was sold at the BIN price they set....so one day it was too high and then the name sold. IMO - It appears as if Afternic try's to get an interested buyer for your name, get you to give the lowest price possible, get the highest price possible from the buyer...and keep the difference (I have not been able to prove this - that is why I said it appears that way to me, but for future sales, I am going to call the new owner and ask the price they got).

There is no transparency with Afternic. As a seller I always get this silly "we have some one interested in your name" message "so set you price and floor price" They alway come back buying your floor price or never hearing anything from them.

Last edited:

Brujah

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they want lower BINs so that it's easier to sell. I have less than 100 names listed there, and listed them awhile ago. This was something new to me. I had them categorized, but now they're all uncategorized. The email states if you don't lower the BIN, the names will not be listed for sale anymore.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right. I told them that I needed to keep my price and the names got listed anyway at my price. On one of my names I sent them a screen shot of a certified offer from Network solutions which was about double what they wanted me to drop my listing to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom