Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

My .cn domain dispute case

Status
Not open for further replies.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've received e-mail from Domain Name Dispute Resolution Center for my .cn recently registered. The problem is all the document they sent me is written in Chinese.

I wrote them if they can send me the document in English, but they replied

In accordance with Article 6 of CNNIC Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (CNDRP) and Article 8 of the Rules for CNNIC Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (the CNDRP Rules), unless otherwise agreed by the Parties or determined in exceptional cases by the Panel, the language of the domain name dispute resolution proceedings shall be Chinese.
If you don't understand Chinese, you may engage a Chinese legal council as your representative if you feel it necessary.

How can I convince them to use English? Obviously the complainant has all resources they need. They're a big multi-national company. Otherwise, how do I find a Chinese domain lawyer who can also speak English?

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's a good idea to put up the domain name on the site, since I intend to fight back. I need to talk to a lawyer; or probably Chinese lawyer. Or may be a translator.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's the reason why I have been recommending AGAINST .CN for those who don't know the language. You are in a VERY disadvantageous position; and hiring a Chinese lawyer (or even translator) isn't the least expensive thing to do on earth, especially outside China.

Having said that it *might* be a viable (and less expensive) alternative to retain a lawyer who KNOWS Chinese at least at the very beginning to get things started.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by .biz
Otherwise, how do I find a Chinese domain lawyer who can also speak English?

Maybe check with the lawyers in this board if they have offices/counterparts in China familiar with .cn disputes?

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, if you register a country-code domain in China, you have to expect that you might get challenged in Chinese... serves you right. In a sense, this sort of thing lets Asian countries get "payback" for quite a number of cases where their citizens got challenged, in English, for their own domain registrations, and panelists turned a deaf ear to their protests that they didn't speak the language well.

Ari Goldberger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can recommend a lawyer in Beijing, China. George Hu speaks English. I've been up against him and had dealings with him.

Email: [email protected]

Phone: +86-10-62143878

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You cannot convince them to use English. You agreed to resolve disputes in Chinese when you registered the domain name.

My firm has in-house Chinese translation capability, as one of our associates is a native of Beijing.

Ari Goldberger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>You cannot convince them to use English. You agreed to resolve >disputes in Chinese when you registered the domain name.

>My firm has in-house Chinese translation capability, as one of >our associates is a native of Beijing.

I would recommend going with John over my Beijing referral.

apprentice

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some recent cn domain dispute cases decisions (2003) :

allianz.cn - transfer
self.com.cn - transfer
bride.com.cn - transfer
wired.com.cn - transfer
google.com.cn- reject
qq.com.cn - reject
vogue.com.cn - transfer

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi John,

I've been replying your email but it bounced back 3 times since yesterday.

.biz

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It may be a spam filter problem.

Try jberryhill -at- ddhs.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom