Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

my domain was shut down..NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheaplaser

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i need to know if somebody can help me or direct me to have my domain turned back on.
I owned the domain and website RankDate.com for the past 3 years.
It is a teen photo rating site a few thousand members.
My website was turned off 2 days ago by my hosting reseller. They emailed me saying their provider received a spam complaint of my site.
The message was a spam apparently through a yahoo instant message.
The compalint was sent to several places that deal with spam complaints but one i know of was called spamhuas. i contacted them and they replied that they do not deal with "im" spam and had nothing to do with them and im not on any of their spammer lists.
My hosting reseller advised me there is nothing he can do and i have to move my site off his server or they will shut down all his reseller hosted sites.
He turned backed on my website so i can move everything to a new server.
All the sudden now my domain itself was shut down by my registar.
I cannot change or move my site to my new server or do anything, my domain is locked.
My registrar is dnbuy.com they do not have a phone number only a fax number. They did not answer the 10 emails i have sent.
Dny buy is a reseller for enom registrar. I sent them 10 emails also and no reply.
now i am without my domain and it is in limbo.
i need help who i can contact to turn it back on.
i am not a spammer, i only use banner advertising and word of mouth
i believe this stems from from a user that i deleted who was too old to be on my site (teen only)and everytime he rejoined i deleted him.
This is not fair that anybody can send a bogus email complaining about spamming and have a legit site shut down and a domain shut down
Does anybody have any suggestions of what i can do to get my site going again , who to contact, any helpwould be appreciated
thanks

McDot

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
your Domain is set "active".
In theory you should be able to start a transfer.
Make sure the email address registered is correct, there you will most likely receive a link for transfer confirmation.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, but it's on 'Registrar-Hold".

REGISTRAR-HOLD: The sponsoring registrar sets this status. The domain can not be modified or deleted. The registrar must remove REGISTRAR-HOLD status to modify the domain. The domain can be renewed. The domain will not be included in the zone.

The registrar needs to sort this out as if the domain is not in the zone, it can't be live.

McDot

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmm,

strange
It was updated yesterday

I guess you will need to clarify this with your provider.
I'm not sure if he is in title to just put your domain on hold.
A registrar would not do so without instructions.

Or you have other legal issues there.

DNbulk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Contact enom directly, they are the only ones who can change the status of your domain. Call Enom or contact through their website.
The reseller can not change the domain status.

hope that helps.

cheaplaser

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the domain is locked, i cant do anything with it.
I contacted enom directly on the phone and they say they couldnt do anything until i sent them an email, whiich i have already sent 10. So i sent another. Soon they will say i am spamming them...LOL
that was a few hours ago and i am awaiting some type of reply
my site is down almost 3 days now between my hosting and registrar.

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I contacted enom directly on the phone and they say they couldnt do anything until i sent them an email, whiich i have already sent 10. So i sent another. Soon they will say i am spamming them...LOL

:cheeky:

Good luck!

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And I would get back on that phone and give them grief until you are put through to someone who can DEAL with it. Be tough on the phone ;)

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
See if you can get domain moved to godaddy or something...

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

cheaplaser

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
my registar is locked, i vcannot move it. If i could i would move it elsewhere

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I remember I moved a domain to godaddy from dotster, I didn't even have to change any setting or contact dotster. I just made an request from godaddy, and godaddy sent a confirmation e-mail to me and I verify it and that's it. Dotster couldn't stop me from moving the domain name. I am not sure if it was locked or not, but I am sure I didn't have to unlock it.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And I would get back on that phone and give them grief until you are put through to someone who can DEAL with it. Be tough on the phone ;)
A very good point there made Azooza. You need to be persistent but polite also otherwise you wont get anywhere. Like getting your blocked Paypal verified!!

cheaplaser

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
enom doesnt want to deal with me, they have emailed the reseller dnbuy.com and they tell me to wait 48hrs. Then i should email them them back and let them know if they contacted me.

Brett Lewis

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Isolated complaints from a single individual should never be enough to land a company on a spam blacklist. Even legit companies that market to opt-in customer lists will be on the receiving end of an occasional spam complaint from a customer who did not remember opting in (or more likely, forgetting to opt-out) from receiving solicitations. Sounds like you got thrown under the bus on this one. Also sounds like you are doing the right things, and as others have mentioned, polite, but persistent is the best tact to take.

Good luck!

Brett E. Lewis, Esq.

Lewis & Hand, LLP
www.lewishand.com
[email protected]

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are there more active domain-oriented newsgroups ?

Dunno. For more than ten years, Usenet WAS the "internet". It's a shame how they went downhill in the 90's. Forums are almost as good, but there was a lot of newsreader software that made usenet groups easy to read, sort, filter, etc.

I hardly look at them any more.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still actively use it for downloads. Better than P2P - I can always find everything in Usenet. Actually I am glad is not mass used thing as it goes under radar of all copyright watching companies...
If anyone interested - http://usenet.easynews.com/ - best Usenet, perfect access via www, advanced search, thumbnail preview of all movies, 20GB download for $9.95 (end of dirty off-topic advertisement of mine)

cheaplaser

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
people please! im looking for help on my domain. i couldnt care less about newsgroups. Start your own thread
its been 4 days now im my domain is down and no response from dnbuy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom