Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

My emails,hosting and ad companies hacked, i have his address, its real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was busy working on websites with my brother, we were both in FTP when all of a sudden it stopped responding, I thought maybe the hosts gone down, we checked and the sites were offline, so I went to check my emails and I was told my password was incorrect. I changed passwords for what I could without verification links to a new email account, paypal etc. As I was changing I noticed aswell as my gmail, hostgator, he had stolen my adbrite account. After much work I managed to get my gmail account back and recovered my adbrite account, he had edited the payment method to check and have it go to:

First Name: Isvanca
Last Name: Mihai Alexandru
Address: Oituz 33 bl 33 ap 17
City: Onesti
State: Romania
Zip: 601047

Phone: 40742727476

Also strangely he had an unhealthy interest in hosting accounts, when I got into my inbox, he had been requesting a password to my many different accounts and changing them, probably hoping I pay yearly I guess.

Im guessing that the above is real info, my question is, what can I do?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Break his legs?? :D

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That would mean me going to romania.

Actually I do need a holiday haha

Come in my country is full of romanian clandestines...we need a clearence here so if you want I offer you 2 friends of mine for help you to find this criminal lol

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I posted an ad on a freelance security website asking for a quote to have him reported to the police in his town and have him arrested, hopefully this would have his computer investigated. I have had some private eyes and security companies replying to my ad, quotes between $200-$500, Although I managed to stop him stealing anything other than my time, I would be willing to pay to have scum like this taken away from the internet. Do you think its worth it or a complete waste of my time and the police would do nothing?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good thing you were there and caught him in time.

:yo:

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So....how did he get your password in the first place? My guess is either through malware or you use the same password in a lot of places? Every email/domain account I have has a seperate password. I run a mac which helps cut down on the malware. Also, start using a hosting company that is security minded...

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im guessing it was malware, I have since wiped my laptop and pc and installed more security on both, as for passwords I have different passwords for everything that matters and keep no note of them, some are saved in firefox for my convenience but nobody has had physical access to my machines to read them and im not aware of any security holes in firefox exposing my saved passwords. As for webhosting, a lot of companies offer the forgot password feature for convenience, it would be great if they didnt but I cant really do much, im with a select few webhosting companies because they offer certain things I need.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good Idea

I saw yesterday a report of Romanian Police raiding various
University's in search of hackers and phishers so it is rife.
To be honest I avoid any software from there because you
never know what backdoors go into it.

DG

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
shit in a box and fedex it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom