Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

My godaddy account got hacked! Stolen names on the market! Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
One solution: Fabulous.com

GeoOwners

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have locked my account at Godaddy so that each time the domain to be pushed or transfer, my godaddy account exec calls me to verify via a password (different one just for this purpose). That's much safer.

Yep it's that easy and it's free.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about this Tim. I hope and I'm sure it will be settled soon.

Hopefully you can track down who did this somehow since your a NPs mod (if the hijacker is stupid enough to login to your GD account with his own IP, then you can compare it to those logged in on NPs).

Good luck and let me know if I can help with anything!

WORDSWORTH

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Best of luck sorting this out !

the thief seems to be using this info on the whois

gal, pay [email protected]
wooster
wooster, FL 40059
United States
+1.4057774075 Fax --

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

and this too

Luo, Steve [email protected]
I'm really sorry to hear about this. I never click on links from any registrars as it's not the first time I've heard of this kind of thing happening.

Steve Luo runs amdo.com and dyyo.com and it's quite possible he's already bought some of the domains alleged to be stolen or the alleged thief is using his fake details in the whois. I've known of Steve for over three years and believe him to be honest. I contacted him in Florida to draw his attention to this thread.

I sincerely hope that eveything is sorted out ASAP with the minimum of disruption and financial loss to legitimate domainers.

MJM

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BookWorld.com was also Stolen

From my GODADDY account as well! For longer than two months & countless emails (actually 7, deciding to count). Never to receive one reply aside from a generic response to email "undo @godaddy.com" as they quickly mediate/handle related issues

Sure enough- still no response!
The Domain Hijacker is in ARMENIA- A haven, or better stated a Domain Hijackers paradise!

While I, a known member by many of this community. A valuable portfolio (DJs.com, FloridaHomes.com, Nar.com etc etc) & over 75+ high-profile sales completed wit the largest domain company's arround....In no way am I bragging- but merely giving merit to my concerns/accusation that BOOKWORLD.COM has been legitimately stolen from account...With not even a shred of compassion, time or effort from GODADDY.COM to rectify this issue- albeit I OWN the domain.

P.S. Yes, I have my Escrow.com transaction/Bookworld.com purchase receipt! Screenshot as well as an escrow.com direct phone line of a high up represenative who will vouch for said acquisition! Lastly- I have 600+ days of Parked.com revenue stats in my account- when at random all stats/ppc revenue etc ceased....The day in question? Is the same day featured on the WHOIS under the "WHOIS UPDATE" date...

PLEASE, can someone from GODADDY rectify this absolutely abysmal circumstance! Again, PLEASE! My ownership is as clear as day. All you need to do is simply push/reverse the domain back to my account/reinstate my ownership- NO WORRIES regarding this SCUM'S legal recourse- as he has absolutely NONE. So please let's nip this in the bud- I beg of you....As after 7 long, long-winded emails, screenshots, attachments, various phone calls- I've exhausted my attempts. Someone at GODADDY or any kind DNF member with a GD contact please show them this post and alert this of this travesty!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME- I WISH THE VERY VERY BEST TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER! I can only wish GD will do the RIGHT thing for us both. GOOD LUCK BUDDY!

Take care all/sorry for the diatribe- just love that domain :)
-Mike

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad, I just got my domains back!
That was done quite rather quickly by GD customer service, great job!

Mike - I really hope you'll get your name back soon, call customer support - email won't work as you'll just be ticket # 3961345372...

Good job and well done. Now to find out who did it..

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BookWorld.com was also Stolen

From my GODADDY account as well! For longer than two months & countless emails (actually 7, deciding to count). Never to receive one reply aside from a generic response to email "undo @godaddy.com" as they quickly mediate/handle related issues

Sure enough- still no response!
The Domain Hijacker is in ARMENIA- A haven, or better stated a Domain Hijackers paradise!

While I, a known member by many of this community. A valuable portfolio (DJs.com, FloridaHomes.com, Nar.com etc etc) & over 75+ high-profile sales completed wit the largest domain company's arround....In no way am I bragging- but merely giving merit to my concerns/accusation that BOOKWORLD.COM has been legitimately stolen from account...With not even a shred of compassion, time or effort from GODADDY.COM to rectify this issue- albeit I OWN the domain.

P.S. Yes, I have my Escrow.com transaction/Bookworld.com purchase receipt! Screenshot as well as an escrow.com direct phone line of a high up represenative who will vouch for said acquisition! Lastly- I have 600+ days of Parked.com revenue stats in my account- when at random all stats/ppc revenue etc ceased....The day in question? Is the same day featured on the WHOIS under the "WHOIS UPDATE" date...

PLEASE, can someone from GODADDY rectify this absolutely abysmal circumstance! Again, PLEASE! My ownership is as clear as day. All you need to do is simply push/reverse the domain back to my account/reinstate my ownership- NO WORRIES regarding this SCUM'S legal recourse- as he has absolutely NONE. So please let's nip this in the bud- I beg of you....As after 7 long, long-winded emails, screenshots, attachments, various phone calls- I've exhausted my attempts. Someone at GODADDY or any kind DNF member with a GD contact please show them this post and alert this of this travesty!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME- I WISH THE VERY VERY BEST TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER! I can only wish GD will do the RIGHT thing for us both. GOOD LUCK BUDDY!

Take care all/sorry for the diatribe- just love that domain :)
-Mike

why didn't you call?..

pen

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MJM, check your PMs

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
GoDaddy needs to be praised for tackling this so quickly. Although the threat of moving out to another registrar always works wonders :D

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

To get action at Go Daddy, email [email protected], he is the Preisdent and COO and he reads and actions them all personally.

All complaints that go to Warren are tracked by many and followed up on.

-=DCG=-

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

pen

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To get action at Go Daddy, email [email protected], he is the Preisdent and COO and he reads and actions them all personally.

All complaints that go to Warren are tracked by many and followed up on.

-=DCG=-

Hey Adam, thanks for jumping in. Once MJM checks his PMs and responds we'll get him all squared away.

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have locked my account at Godaddy so that each time the domain to be pushed or transfer, my godaddy account exec calls me to verify via a password (different one just for this purpose). That's much safer.

This service is called DTVS and is offered to executive account holders. It is as good as any other top tier security system out there.

I highly recommend it for peace of mind.

Brad

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are the requirements to get an "executive account"?

Some say it's 300+ domains in your GD account, but I have exec. account and I don't even have 30 domains at GoDaddy. But I heard that if you have valuable domains (LLL.coms etc), then it doesn't matter if you've got hundreds or not. Ask your account representative or GoDaddy support about it. It's really awesome, except for the times you need to push a domain fast and it takes 2 days before your account exec calls you.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some say it's 300+ domains in your GD account, but I have exec. account and I don't even have 30 domains at GoDaddy. But I heard that if you have valuable domains (LLL.coms etc), then it doesn't matter if you've got hundreds or not. Ask your account representative or GoDaddy support about it. It's really awesome, except for the times you need to push a domain fast and it takes 2 days before your account exec calls you.

For me, I usually call them first after push or transfer and ask the account Exec to call me back. It usually takes just minutes to approve the push/transfer.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me, I usually call them first after push or transfer and ask the account Exec to call me back. It usually takes just minutes to approve the push/transfer.

Yeah I've done that a couple of times, but a lot of times my account exec hasn't been around so they had to leave him a note to call me back. Either way, it's a great service.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've done that a couple of times, but a lot of times my account exec hasn't been around so they had to leave him a note to call me back. Either way, it's a great service.

Yes. But if urgent, you could still ask duty or oncall to laise with their supervisor group to get the info you set with account exec and you may not need to wait until your account exec is back especially if the account exec is to be away for few days.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes. But if urgent, you could still ask duty or oncall to laise with their supervisor group to get the info you set with account exec and you may not need to wait until your account exec is back especially if the account exec is to be away for few days.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Will keep it in mind for next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom