Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

My membership gone?? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinh

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After 2 months of inactive here, I come back to post a sale of items and find I cant post a thread because i need to upgrade membership??

I have the $6-10 memberhip or something, i forgot now.

Can someone tell me whats up? :dead: :dead: :dead:

Upvote 0

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some time ago (under GregR's ownership) I went 62 days without posting and my acct was closed and posts deleted. GregR told me the board was programmed to delete automatically if no posts for 2 mos. Do not agree with that as why delete a member because they may be on a long vacation, taking a break from the forums, etc., especially without any notice?

P.S. GregR told me he did that because he was trying to get all members to PAY to be a member and if no payment they were deleted due to inactivity as he then assumed they did not want to pay. Perhaps the board is still programmed that way.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
Some time ago (under GregR's oownership) I went 62 days without posting and my acct was closed and posts deleted. GregR told me the board was programmed to delete automatically if no posts for 2 mos. Do not agree with that as why delete a member because they may be on a long vacation, taking a break from the forums, etc., especially without any notice?

P.S. GregR told me he did that as at the time because he was trying to get all mmebers to PAY and if no payment they were deleted. Perhaps the board is still programmed that way.
Re: http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20181

LOL! And that was a loooong time ago. gregr actually purged users who had not been active for 30 days back then. But if you take a look at the statistics on the home page (bottom right corner), you can probably tell it is not the case now.

Vinh may want to send post his query over at Area 51 so any sensitive info is not viewable to other members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom