Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

My Retirement As Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I'm going to try and make this short & sweet.

I am retiring as Moderator today. It's time for me to blend back into the civilian population. I have many development projects in the works - and my available time and patience is becoming scarce.

So rather than give anything less than 100% here - I have chosen to step down.

DNForum is not only a great place to talk domains - but it's a family. I am still part of that family. I will just no longer be here in a moderator capacity. While this is hard for me - in many ways it's also very exciting.

I am proud of the work I did here - and proud to have been a part of a great team with Greg - Bob - and Andrew. I still remember the 'boo birds' who predicted doom for this place after the change of ownership.

We proved them wrong. BIG TIME. :)

I have made many friends here - and I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to get to know many of you personally. I look forward to those friendships growing even more in the future.

Please give Greg - Bob - and Andrew - your continued respect and support. The job that we shared is not all fun and games. There is also a lot of hard work involved. The happiness and well being of the members is the main focus here - and they will continue that tradition.

DNForum is now 2600 members strong - and there is no sign of it slowing down. There are big things in store for the LIVE AUCTIONS - and the sky is the limit. Knowing Greg - he will find a way to reach all the way to the sky - and push even those limits higher.

Thanks to everybody here. You are great members and great people.

Your friend,
Nick -aka- NamePopper :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am going to make this thread 'sticky' for the next day or so - because many people are from different time zones all over the world. I want to make sure that all the members - and my friends - know what is going on. Thanks!

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank You!

mastmnds

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll miss you amepopper. Now can I have you Mod Job? :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great job here Nick! You played a major role in the forum's explosive growth since GregR took over, made countless friends and a name for yourself in the domain business - not bad for a few months work! Will be glad to have you shoulder to shoulder in the civilian population here at the forum though I will miss your moderating. You're not the designated driver any more so grab a bottle and party down!

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just remember "No good deed goes unpunished"

That's just a JOKE..

you've contributed of yourself too this site.

Goodluck with your net ventures ! "-)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU, Nick ... you WERE a great moderator, and you ARE a good friend ... not just to me, but to MANY fellow domainers! Good Luck with your future endeavors ... and 'see you around town! :)
Take care.

PS. Is Andrew back in as moderator? I've heard rumours he was.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm I feel like we should have bought you a gold watch or something as is tradition when someone retires... but seeing as you seem to be on line 24-7 i'll assume you can just check the windows clock so i won't feel too bad :laugh:

thanks for all the hard work and welcome to the cheap seats, (stay away from that doberry, he's a strange one):D

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ciqala
(stay away from that doberry, he's a strange one):D
Hey, what's that supposed to mean?

Let's not make this into a flame post :eek:

Pop:

Someone on here recently started a post asking, "what can the success of dnforum be attributed to?"

Well a certain percentage of that success is accredited to you. You have made this place interesting. You were like a den mother to little domain name cubs. (oops...I mean den father :eek: )

Whenever you were online, just knowing you were here made this place feel like a "family" or a "club", rather than just another stale website.

Thanks! And you really better be quitting this time, 'cuz next time, you ain't gettin' no letter! :D

spietreser

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey NamePopper, I just wanted to say that you did a great job. Thanks alot and I hope we'll still be seeing you around in the forum!

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You know I love ya Popper in a guyish kinda way...now get to work and make some $ :)

Mike

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry
Hey, what's that supposed to mean?

Let's not make this into a flame post :eek:

Pop:

Someone on here recently started a post asking, "what can the success of dnforum be attributed to?"

Well a certain percentage of that success is accredited to you. You have made this place interesting. You were like a den mother to little domain name cubs. (oops...I mean den father :eek: )

Whenever you were online, just knowing you were here made this place feel like a "family" or a "club", rather than just another stale website.

Thanks! And you really better be quitting this time, 'cuz next time, you ain't gettin' no letter! :D

come on doobs you must know i'm only kidding by now...

and if a flame war were to break out now it might never get resolved without a mod of nicks calibre to step into the firing line and calm things down (no offence benno or bob :p)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ciqala

come on doobs you must know i'm only kidding by now...

Ummm....I was kidding too Ciqqy...damn, you didn't see the :eek: face, lol :D

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great work, NamePopper. I hope you'll still be active as a poster on the forum.

yahoohaha

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
popper, why don't you tell us you are just too busy with your new g/f?

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help in the past Pops - look forward to seeing you around here without that whip in your hand:D.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you ask me, I'd say the forum is much better off now. yahoohaha will make a much better moderator. :eek:

Is today April 1? Just kidding. :)

Namepopper will be very hard to replace as moderator. :sad:
He has servered this forum well.

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nick.
Your comments and friendliness have always been appreciated on this end. :)

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats on a job well done.

And welcome back to the forum!! Now let's hear what you REALLY think. :swg:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom