Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Mydomain.com domain name registrar - avoid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We've been using mydomain.com for years but all we've had is one issue after another with them. We stuck with them, thinking our issues were just random bad luck, but the frequency and extremity of their bugs and cases of terrible customer support is inexcusable and we will now be moving all our domain names to more reliable registrars.

None of the forwarding which we've set for my domains and sub-domains over many years with mydomain.com are working all of a sudden. It has been like this for a few days now and is disasterous for us.

Now our customers are all being sent to pages which are just showing mydomain.com's PPC ads, so they're making money out of our traffic.

I have tried to contact mydomain.com countless times by email and support ticket, but, despite waiting many days, they have not responded even once!

Eventually, after trying to call them time and time again and being kept on hold for ages, I managed to speak to somebody. After he kept me on hold for 15 minutes I was informed that they had screwed up with quite a number of customer accounts and so they have not only ruined by business but those of other people with domains with mydomain.com.

I have been loyal to mydomain.com for nearly ten years and I can't believe they can treat us like this. Never had an issue with other domain name registrars.

Stay clear of this company, or else they will do what they have to many people to you as well as some point or other.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i've been having some troubles too. tried to renew some domains, only some actually got renewed, the other said pending even though they took my money from my paypal. a week later and they are still pending. i call them and the dude there sends a ticket to some higher up support but still nothing is fixed. if things don't change i am going to move all my domains out.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think md is going thru upgrades right now, but in any event..they should basically be used as short term storage of names you've caught recently.

at least that's how i've tried to use them

imo...

crazyd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MyDomain is the same company as Dotster, Domain.com, 000Domains.com, and many others. Namely, EIG. Companies that EIG swallowed up are going on the new EIG platform.

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting information: thanks.

Mydomain.com are beyond bad. Not one of my last five support emails has had a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom