Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Name Administration - the largest holders in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DeadHorse.com registered in '97.

CashCowDomains

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No prob. Frank is a pretty decent fella... and it is no wonder why he won Domain of the Year award -- a pioneer in the industry fo sho.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
Name Admin is a member here. And, I'm sure he visits from time to time.

Of course he visits here. Every day like everyone else. When he isn't chasing drops he is here. In fact, I'm sure he switches between the windows like the most of us do. Else what's he gonna do down there in Caymans? The island is small like a shoe box. If he is even there most of the time?

sneakers.com said:
No prob. Frank is a pretty decent fella... and it is no wonder why he won Domain of the Year award -- a pioneer in the industry fo sho.

Frank? So who is Vern then?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frank Schilling will be featured in the December issue of Business 2.0 magazine (due out before the end of the month) which will have the most in depth mainstream article ever written about the domain business. I just read an advance copy of the article tonight. It is going to generate a ton of interest in this business. The article mentions that Frank turned down $100 million for his portfolio which he indicated contained over 300,000 domains.

M

mole

Duke said:
Frank Schilling will be featured in the December issue of Business 2.0 magazine (due out before the end of the month) which will have the most in depth mainstream article ever written about the domain business. I just read an advance copy of the article tonight. It is going to generate a ton of interest in this business. The article mentions that Frank turned down $100 million for his portfolio which he indicated contained over 300,000 domains.

Thanks for the heads up, duke. Very encouraging news.

You mentioned that Frank has over 300,000 names, any of them in the new namespace arena? This guy could be much smarter than we could have guess.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Name Admin is barking up the wrong tree, imho. They should have spent more effort in seizing new namespace opportunities on good one word generics while it is still affordable. Instead on focusing on aging two word .COM of which direct navigation value is fast declining in today's search world.

I think it says much about the so called "new namespace" - its not worth investing

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I propose the introduction of ".mole" as the new TLD for domains that are beyond the current sphere of marketing.

sex.mole for example would be great for a documentary site on the secret reproductive life of moles.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:

Is this article going to be available online for us foreigners?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
which he indicated contained over 300,000 domains.

Yeah that was when the article was written. Now he is up to 400,000+ :-D

So who is Vern? And how many partners does Name Admin consists of?

Ed30 said:
Is this article going to be available online for us foreigners?

I'm sure this article will immediately start circulating between the hopeful domainers with the stardust in their eyes, many of whom can't differentiate between the proven facts and semi-fiction, vain hopes and acceptable expectations, great dreams and somber reality.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acroplex said:
I propose the introduction of ".mole" as the new TLD for domains that are beyond the current sphere of marketing.

Wow, I can't wait for the landrush for .mole !!!

Will there be a sunrise process?

Darn, I'm sure Acroplex will get sex.mole.

I hope I can get

pretty.mole
cute.mole
find.mole

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
You mentioned that Frank has over 300,000 names, any of them in the new namespace arena? This guy could be much smarter than we could have guess.

Hey Mole, hope this answers your question :-D

---------------

"A new Top level domain has just been made available. WorldSite.ws bills
itself as the new global alternative to .com

The .nu and .md appear to be doing brisk business. .cc and .co.uk are
gowing larger and millions of .net names are still available, but
everyone wants to live in the .com neighborhood. This is not going to
change regardless of the number of new TLDs or GTLDs that get
introduced. As a captain of industry, how well will you sleep at night
owning Loans.biz or Loans.net or Loans.web knowing that 99% of
your prospective customers will visit Loans.com just to see what is
there? With every passing day .com becomes more powerful. I don't see
this changing for our current generation... perhaps the next generation
will find .com too old fashioned for them..."

"F.S."
06 Apr 2000

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/dnsocomments/comments-gtlds/Arc01/msg00013.html

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
So who is Vern?

Vern Jurovich works with Name Admin and accepted Frank's Domainer of the Year Award at Traffic because Frank had to leave the conference early.

You may not have heard a lot about Frank because he is not a guy who ever wanted to be the center of attention. Personally, I've never been impressed by people just because they have money, but I am extremely impressed by people who have managed to remain humble and unaffected by great success. Frank is the epitome of that kind of person and that is why he will always have the kind of respect that money can't buy.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
Vern Jurovich works with Name Admin and accepted Frank's Domainer of the Year Award at Traffic because Frank had to leave the conference early.

Well I got that from your report, but is Vern just an "employee" (since he "works with Name Admin", or are they partners? If so are they 50-50%, 90-10% or? And if they are partners, how do they agree which names to go after since our tastes are all subjective? And is there someone else there with them? You see those are the kinds of things that interest me as an average reader of success stories :) I'm just curious how these things work, how they came about to be? How did Frank knew Vern? Were they buddies who drank whiskey, and Frank just offered Vern a chance for some leisurely lifestyle with tons of interesting "domain tracking" opportunities one day? I'm interested in all those mundane details :) I really am, for me journey is better than destination itself :-D

Duke said:
You may not have heard a lot about Frank because he is not a guy who ever wanted to be the center of attention.

I respect the need for privacy and that's why I will not be asking more, but I still hope for some sort of their DnJournal profile one day? ;)

Duke said:
Personally, I've never been impressed by people just because they have money, but I am extremely impressed by people who have managed to remain humble and unaffected by great success. Frank is the epitome of that kind of person and that is why he will always have the kind of respect that money can't buy.

Definitely.

M

mole

Duke said:
You may not have heard a lot about Frank because he is not a guy who ever wanted to be the center of attention.

I actually thought that Frank was DCG in disguise, since the PPC layout looks like what ParkingSite.com uses.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sneakers.com said:
and it is no wonder why he won Domain of the Year award

Duke said:
Frank's Domainer of the Year Award

Hey guys, how exactly do you win Domainer of the Year Award? Are they some written or unwritten rules for that? On which merit is this award based on? Is it due to sheer number of domains you hand register in a given year? Is it due to how much money you spend on drops? Or is it by turning a 100+ MILLION offer for your portfolio?

I'm dead serious?

Also a more technical question, will so-called Domainer of the Year Award be given at Traffic each six months or what?

mole said:
I actually thought that Frank was DCG in disguise, since the PPC layout looks like what ParkingSite.com uses.

Funny, that's what I thought for Mrs.Jello and Anything and Reflex since they are all using the same template (industry leading fo sho), until someone told me Mrs. Jello was Ult. Hehe.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
I respect the need for privacy and that's why I will not be asking more, but I still hope for some sort of their DnJournal profile one day?

We've talked a little about it and that could (and likely will) happen when the time is right. His story is still developing as we speak. The industry is heading into uncharted (but exciting) waters.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
We've talked a little about it and that could (and likely will) happen when the time is right. His story is still developing as we speak.

Great!

And if I may be so bold to ask, I would also like to read about DotComAgency.com (< bad name from a marketing perspective) in one of your cover articles. He seems to have ton names, all com, some great ones, he makes regular (reported) sales, and he is from across the pond. What more do we need for an interesting read :)

Duke said:
The industry is heading into uncharted (but exciting) waters.

Uhhh that sounds promising. I'm already wet. :-D

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Quote from the following article > http://www.business2.com/b2/web/articles/print/0,17925,1132510,00.html

"says Schilling, flipping back his shoulder-length blond hair"

So Frank Schilling has shoulder-length blond hair?? And so does Vern Jurovich also from Name Administration? What are the odds that two N.A. principals both have shoulder-length blond hair and both appear in their mid-30s? Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom