Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameAdmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
A couple of years ago "Name Admin Inc"'s address was here in San Diego. I went to the address to ask about buying a name, but it was a small 4-unit apartment building. I guess he/they really do exist if John has met him/them.

They probably owned the apartment building.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
Steve, how can I become a member of the "Secret Domain Society"?

I looked for a membership application on your site. But, could not locate it.

Is it hidden?
Hi Richard - is that not just crazy? We are now part of a secret society? Amazing. Well if we are truley a member, I just appointed you to a lifetime member in good standing with zero dues owed, ever. Congrad.!!!

Reaction score
Steve - I think just being part of society offends certain folks here.... Now that another week of domain sales have been reported at dnjournal (all verified by duke I might Add!), cap just looses even more credibility with posts such as the one in this thread.

Regarding NameAdmin, very good and reputable business. We work with them as well and I am sure that their lack of response/contact is not intensional or meant to be rude. As stated, they are busy and prefer to stay mostly private.

[email protected]

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have dealt with URL Collection and Moniker from the first few days I entered the domain business and I consider them very close friends. I owe a lot of my success to these two companies and the people who own them. The guidance they provided proved invaluable. I wish more domainers were like like these two.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Regarding NameAdmin, very good and reputable business. We work with them as well and I am sure that their lack of response/contact is not intensional or meant to be rude. As stated, they are busy and prefer to stay mostly private.
Well said Monte! Hope that ends this matter about Name Admin. Great job on the recent sales as well.

Ken you are one of the best in this business. Sure would be a pleasure if more domainers were half as professional as you are to work with! Thanks for the comments - Steve

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
I feel the same about URL Collection and Moniker. I have bought domains from Steve, and I have registered domains with Monte. Monte and Steve are both class acts.
Thank You Hal - You are another one of the "Pros" in our industry! Always a pleasure to work with you! Thanks again - Steve

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chaiki said:
As I understand they do not sell anything I had heard they buy and hold for future development, they are in the Cayman Islands thats all i know so I just wondered what name.

Several companies have similiar models. Operating with an offshore or cloaked identity has it's advantages for this person (or group of investors) or shall we say "entity".

actnow said:
They probably owned the apartment building.

More like a basement operation with money presses $$$. :evil:

Steen said:
I doubt they are run from the Caymans. Tax shelter? Legal shelter?

d:)

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mcahn said:
Steve - I think just being part of society offends certain folks here.... Now that another week of domain sales have been reported at dnjournal (all verified by duke I might Add!), cap just looses even more credibility with posts such as the one in this thread.

[email protected]

What offends me is that the so called "big guys" can't handle any instant (no matter how small or insignificant) of their opinions or beliefs being challenged.... Actually, not even challenged, they find offence in the notion that some of us can form our own opinions... According to some of the posters here, every single one of us on this board shall think the way they think, and shall see the world they see it, or else we automoticaly lose "credibility" or are called names etc... Look at this thread, it started as a simple question about Name Admin., and is now quickly turning into a big love fest for some fragile egos who need constand "stroking" in order to remind themselves of their fabulousness. Yeah, some of you are awfully quick to hold your hands, stand in circle, and sing Kumbaya, despite the thread having nothing to do with you really.

And look at you Monte, this wasn't even a thread bout you, yet you felt obligated to take a hit at me, because I dared to question your "ghost" (or inflated) sales figures at some other times. I would've given you more credibility if you were more classy or "above" a little guy like me, instead you come accross as a little child eager to prove something.

In any case good to hear that your latest sales are verified by a "designated authority", too bad you haven't feel obliged to do that with none of those dozen or so names I had actually questioned you about in my previous posts.

As far as Name Admin. goes, its pathetic to see "them" operating out of 1994 era website. But I understand, they are "busy" folks.

Btw, Name Administration is a very nice name, too bad they don't seem to wanna administer anything these days. What an irony indeed.

Reaction score
Cap - you positioned your opinion as factual when in fact your examples were far from factual - they were assumptions.

I responded to the thread because you mentioned my name again as not credible when you have no basis to do so.

You have now heard from numerous forum members both large and small about our ethics, credibility, sales, management, service...on and on. You continue with your hard headed position instead of just admitting that you may have stepped over the line by challenging our domain sales reporting based on whether a site is live or not.

In any case, as I said before, I and a whole bunch of other folks would like to move on from this topic.

Again, if I can help you manage your names or sell some for you - I offer our services to you. I challenge you to take me up on my offer so you can experience us for your self.

Lastly, don't be offended, I don't anyone is trying to attack you even though you did us.

Take care.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mcahn said:
Cap - you positioned your opinion as factual when in fact your examples were far from factual - they were assumptions.

I responded to the thread because you mentioned my name again as not credible when you have no basis to do so.

You have now heard from numerous forum members both large and small about our ethics, credibility, sales, management, service...on and on. You continue with your hard headed position instead of just admitting that you may have stepped over the line by challenging our domain sales reporting based on whether a site is live or not.

In any case, as I said before, I and a whole bunch of other folks would like to move on from this topic.

Again, if I can help you manage your names or sell some for you - I offer our services to you. I challenge you to take me up on my offer so you can experience us for your self.

Lastly, don't be offended, I don't anyone is trying to attack you even though you did us.

Take care.

Well, since we are really digresing here...

I made my assumptions based on the available logical "evidence", and since you never proved the opposite - my "assumptions" still stand strong. You can say that my assumptions are not factual, but since you haven't really done anything to kill those assumptions (except to "verbally" deny them), they are still there. Just because you say that I am far from factual, doesn't really mean I am, especially considering that you really never presented any proofs to dispute otherwise (not that you need to)

And actually it was Steve who first dragged you into this topic as a way of putting me down, and also garnering some more help and support for his reply, since he knew that you, and some others, will quickly come to his "aid". Same way as Actnow felt obliged to be sarcastic and probe Steve for further ammunition against me, probably hoping that I will "push more" and that this will spread out and get out of proportion, all while he amuzes himself.

Regardless, even though I am not a thread starter, somehow I feel this wasn't supposed to be a topic about neither of you.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cappuccino said:
As far as Name Admin. goes, its pathetic to see "them" operating out of 1994 era website. But I understand, they are "busy" folks.

Btw, Name Administration is a very nice name, too bad they don't seem to wanna administer anything these days. What an irony indeed.

Cap, it is not my place to defend or criticize Name Admin. I really don't know them.

However, just because Name Admin didn't answer your email doesn't mean they are
insulting you or they are not professional.

You want something they have. You might want to contact them a couple times.

In the U.S., we get a lot of unsolicited phone calls wanting us to buy something
or donate money, etc. Most of the time, I say "no thank you" and then
I hang up. (I just hang up when I realize it is a computer calling.)

Occasionally, I get an email from someone saying that they noticed that I am
not actively using a particular domain and would I give it to them. Sorry to say,
I just ignore them. (I use to answer them but it generated a lot of emails back and forth
asking the same question, "Can I have the domain for nothing?")

One of the ways to solve this complaint is for Steve or Monte to send Cap. by PM, the
correct email address for Fred??? And, maybe they will cc which will act as an introduction.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
Cap, it is not my place to defend or criticize Name Admin. I really don't know them.

However, just because Name Admin didn't answer your email doesn't mean they are
insulting you or they are not professional.

You want something they have. You might want to contact them a couple times.

In the U.S., we get a lot of unsolicited phone calls wanting us to buy something
or donate money, etc. Most of the time, I say "no thank you" and then
I hang up. (I just hang up when I realize it is a computer calling.)

Occasionally, I get an email from someone saying that they noticed that I am
not actively using a particular domain and would I give it to them. Sorry to say,
I just ignore them. (I use to answer them but it generated a lot of emails back and forth
asking the same question, "Can I have the domain for nothing?")

One of the ways to solve this complaint is for Steve or Monte to send Cap. by PM, the
correct email address for Fred??? And, maybe they will cc which will act as an introduction.

Actually, I never had a reason to contact them. And it really doesn't bother me if someone doesn't answer my e-mails.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cappuccino said:
Same way as Actnow felt obliged to be sarcastic and probe Steve for further ammunition against me, probably hoping that I will "push more" and that this will spread out and get out of proportion, all while he amuzes himself.

I was joking because their is no way that this industry could have a
"Secret Domain Society".

This industry is totally open and transparent. And, almost instantaneous.

And, If there is a possibility of a domain fraternity, it would be this forum. (DNF)

Most of the guys on this forum will go out of their way to help their fellow members
without any compensation.

And, relationships are built on trust. For example, I would trust Steve with my
credit card. Knowing that he is ethical. And, I am sure he would trust me with
his wife for 10 minutes. :-D

cappuccino said:
Actually, I never had a reason to contact them. And it really doesn't bother me if someone doesn't answer my e-mails.

Cap, you are correct. It was cyphix that sent the email.

I stand corrected!!

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cap - The reason for the follow-up from me to start was just so those of you that do have a need to contact Name Admin. should be aware that they really do exist, that they are great folks to work with and that if they have failed to respond to someone for an inquiry, that they must not have been interested in what they had to say. They do work in the Caymans, some of us do speak with them as needed and have formed a good relationship with them. From what I understand, they sell very few domains and are more long term investors. That was the purpose of my first post.

From that point we have been called a member of a secret society amongst other things? I brought up the part about Monte and Duke because that was the last time I spoke with you and it went south, just as this thread did. It appears that you are attempting to stir up a problem where it did not exist or just pleased to offer controversy at any chance you can.

Richard hit it right when he stated -
I was joking because their is no way that this industry could have a
"Secret Domain Society".

This industry is totally open and transparent. And, almost instantaneous.

And, If there is a possibility of a domain fraternity, it would be this forum. (DNF)

Most of the guys on this forum will go out of their way to help their fellow members
without any compensation.

And, relationships are built on trust. For example, I would trust Steve with my
credit card. Knowing that he is ethical. And, I am sure he would trust me with
his wife for 10 minutes.
Except for maybe the part about my wife.

Point is, we are a community right here on this forum. You are a member as well as everyone who has posted in this thread. We should all get along and stop some of these personal attacks and get back to the domains business. No further need to police the domain sales reports an DNJOURNAL as Duke can do a great job of that, No more problems with Monte as his company is one of the oldest and most respected within the industry and no need to throw any more dirt around on this thread. - Hope that explains and brings an end to this? Steve

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Steve, I agree on your latest points, and thanks for sharing all the info.

Anyway, people usually only inc. in Caribbean, but considering their portfolio, wouldn't really surprise me to hear that they really are working out of the Caribbean. Isn't that every guy's dream actually? Making money from the privacy of your own secluded cove, or a yacht :) After all, all you need is an internet connection. Everything else can be done remotely.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So can we all kiss and make up now? This thread looks to be more of a source of hurt feelings than anything, although I do find it quite educating. The real "secret society" is actually a mish mash of personalities who butt heads on more than one occasion and have their favorites as well as those whom they dislike. Members participate based on their investment level and mutual interests.

mcahn said:

If he doesn't take you up on it I may. d:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom