Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameCheap push to eNom

Status
Not open for further replies.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
anyone has done this ?
How can I do this ?

Thanks

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by .com.net.org
anyone has done this ?
How can I do this ?

Thanks

I think You can`t

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namecheap is a different registrar than enom. Just because they are a reseller, does not mean they are the same.

No push.

hanogl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You cannot do this yourself but if you ask Namecheap support they will do it for you. Though it may take a reminder or two.

Hans

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hanogl
You cannot do this yourself but if you ask Namecheap support they will do it for you. Though it may take a reminder or two.

Hans

Have you done this before hanogl ?

hanogl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes,:
5 dec: my first request to [email protected]
12 dec: sent reminder
13 dec: Namecheap asks for id and password which I sent in a reply.
14 dec: they transferred the name.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's rude to ask the owner of namecheap to push a name from his reseller account to your reseller account. You are basically asking him to help you not do business with him.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
I think it's rude to ask the owner of namecheap to push a name from his reseller account to your reseller account. You are basically asking him to help you not do business with him.

Why do you say this is rude?
The reseller (namecheap) has already made their profit from registering the name, and no longer will have it attached to their server. Seems like it should not hurt their profits.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by biggedon

Why do you say this is rude?
The reseller (namecheap) has already made their profit from registering the name, and no longer will have it attached to their server. Seems like it should not hurt their profits.

Ever heard of renewals? Or do you just let all your names drop?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine if hundreds of people request this service from namecheap? I know he has done it as a personal favor once or twice, but come on.... by performing this favor, which he personally has to do by hand, he is taking time out of his day to delete customers from his registrar. Yes, I do believe it is rude to ask him to do this.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Ever heard of renewals? Or do you just let all your names drop?

You have a valid point concerning renewals, I agree in that instance.

But I wouldn't consider it as rude, maybe they may charge a small fee if requests become obnoxious.

Just wanted to know your reasons.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's just my opinion :)

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree with you dob, it's rude. :(

hanogl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you sell domain names it's part of life that customers transfer names away. I don't see why asking a registrar to help you with a push would be more rude than asking them for an authorisation code to transfer your name.

Hans

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Everyone has different point of view.

hanogl is right too.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say flatly that it isn't a customer's responsibility to worry over whether a company they use is making or losing money. Each business decides for itself what its policies are, and customer requests help to fashion those policies.

I've had it explained to me this way:
"You will need to ask [RESELLER-NAME].com to push the domain, and many resellers are reluctant to do this, or will charge you a fee. " Client Relations Manager - eNom Inc.
When asking the reseller, they said this:
"[RESELLER-NAME].com sells and sets up eNom reseller accounts for our own [RESELLER-NAME].com customers and resellers at better rates and domain pricing than eNom advertises their own reseller accounts. We then push domains to our customers' eNom accounts. If you have set up an eNom account outside of [RESELLER-NAME].com, then please initiate a transfer request from within your own eNom account just like you were transferring from Register.com or any other registrar. This helps keep our internal bookkeeeping accurate, and provides you with a formal tracking mechanism." [RESELLER-NAME].com Support Team

I DO NOT think requesting a "push" is a "rude", thing, but having them REFUSE such a request is NOT "rude" either. It's all *business*. If you start construing "rudness" in basic business requests, business will quickly become melodrama. Register.com was one of the first registrars to give people free DNS control. I called them up at one point when I was having some problems with my name resolving properly from certain of their nameservers (one worked, the other was inconsistent), they started to handle my request, and then suddenly said something that turned me off. The person on the phone implied that since the service is "free" or "extra", that I should be happy with any level of support for it. Their main competitor at the time, Network Solutions, wasn't doing it, so they seemed to think it was "rude" or "presumptious" for me to press them on reliability for such an avant-guarde feature. How times change...

That said, I completely see why someone would refuse, or as a policy NOT accept such requests. For record keeping purposes, I think it is a *VERY* touchy thing for ANY reseller to simply PUSH a name from a customer account to another account outside their influence. I'm not a lawyer, but the following is my instinct on the matter. Using the normal *TRANSFER* process, I feel the reseller is absolved of some measure of responsibility in the process. On the other hand, if they "PUSH" a name, they are directly liable for their actions in pushing a domain name(s) to an account that may or may not be that of the owner. How many companies are sued for wrongful transfers? If all of these were "PUSHES" made by the request of someone that may or may NOT be the true owner, that could mean BIG trouble.

After making a couple of these requests myself, I have to say... though I may still make more (customers are always entitled to make requests), I perfectly understand why someone would say "no". In fact, if they say "yes", I'll glady reap the savings of not doing a full "transfer", but I would seriously question ever keeping my domains with such a company. It sounds bad, but it is a good test of their security as well.

I mean, how easy is it to fake an e-mail source? Do they even check? Pushes are (while undeniably convenient and handy), by and large, unregulated processes fraught with possibilities for fraud and error that can cause ENORMOUS impact and problems.

Also, GiantDomains, I knew what you meant, but you shouldn't call a "reseller" a "registrar". I think you meant: "Namecheap is a different company than enom. Just because they are a reseller [for eNom], does not mean they are the same."

Best Regards,
~ Nexus

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also, I HATE being relegated to using another eNom reseller after purchasing a domain name (for instance through an auction). For security purposes as well, I think it is a good idea to transfer to a company you trust (and moreover CHOSE). It makes the process easier if they are an eNom reseller, and will PUSH the domain for you to your own account without formal transfer fees.

Not all resellers are created equal.

Amusing enough, in another thread, it was considered "rude" by the majority to NOT offer FREE pushes (after an auction sale) if the domain is on eNom. It's certainly different if the decision is out of the seller's control (for instance if they are with RegisterFly.com or Powerpipe.com and the buyer wants a push to an OUTSIDE or UNAFFILIATED eNom account), but it is the same principle to me.

People should always feel free to ask the reseller for this service.

~ Nexus

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nexus

Also, GiantDomains, I knew what you meant, but you shouldn't call a "reseller" a "registrar". I think you meant: "Namecheap is a different company than enom. Just because they are a reseller [for eNom], does not mean they are the same."

Best Regards,
~ Nexus

No, I meant registrar. They are a registrar, just not accredited.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I meant registrar. They are a registrar, just not accredited.
I'll just have to disagree then. I think it confuses people not to distinguish the difference between a registrar and a reseller. I know there is a credibility and simplicity motive for many resellers (or websites) to just call themselves (or this function) a "registrar", but I don't agree with it.

~ Nexus

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nexus
I'll just have to disagree then. I think it confuses people not to distinguish the difference between a registrar and a reseller. I know there is a credibility and simplicity motive for many resellers (or websites) to just call themselves (or this function) a "registrar", but I don't agree with it.

~ Nexus

Agree with you.
NameCheap is not registrar, just eNom reseller now.
To be eligible to use 'registrar' tag is ICANN Accredited company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom