Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameCheap push to eNom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by .com.net.org
Agree with you.
NameCheap is not registrar, just eNom reseller now.
To be eligible to use 'registrar' tag is ICANN Accredited company.
Thanks. I think it just needs to be the entity whose service directly writes to the official "registry" (whether an ICANN approved registry or not). I just can't personally jibe with any notion that says a domain could technically have "two" registrars (as opposed to a registrar and a registration service provider, reseller, partner, or some other distinction). Lots of very respectable folks call a "registrar" a "registry" too. Pretty soon we'll be building the Tower of Babel all over again... :dead:

FYI, GiantDomains, from Internic.net:
http://www.internic.net/faqs/domain-names.html
I have seen advertisements for domain-name registration by companies not in the accredited registrar directory. Are these legitimate?
Only registrars accredited by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) are authorized to register .biz, .com, .info, .name, .net and .org names. Some of these accredited registrars offer their services through resellers, which may provide assistance in completing the registration process. Your registration contract, however, will be with the accredited registrar and that registrar will maintain your contact information.

I know RegisterFly.com is one reseller whose documentation refers to itself repeatedly as a "registrar", but I think this is very misleading for customers. By and large, most of the other large resellers I've seen for Enom or even OpenSRS dodge making such a declaration. Again, I can see the financial and simplifying motivation though.

~ Nexus

M

mole

Originally posted by Nexus
I know RegisterFly.com is one reseller whose documentation refers to itself repeatedly as a "registrar", but I think this is very misleading for customers.

Agreed Nex. There can be only one, eNOM.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom