Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NAMEDRIVE.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA...:pound:
I still recommend you increase the revenue share for DNF members or give us bi-monthly payments over naked support! :lol:

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In payment system something like Domain Spotlight shows.. i saw it first time today..

What is this Domain Spotlight ?

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Only one more day left to the "big news"! :smilewinkgrin:

xtc

Inactive User
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
14 hours to go. The suspense is out of this world. Too bad for some folks in the US that means waking up at 3am to see what's revealed.

silhouette

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so what is it?

I see a listing of names with their revenue stats and the "spotlight" names.
Is that all??

I waited quite anxiously actually... :)

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Phew. Busy 180 minutes...

Hello everyone,

So the secret is out and I'm glad that the reception has been generally positive. I know we couldn't do everything everybody wanted, but we are working on those too.
Just a sort of collective post to expand on some issues.
- It is a bid/ask system. Any bids you make / receive on domains can be found in the ND Factory "Buy domains" "Sell domains" section.
- The spotlights are free for the first 10 days and we will do them as much as possible on a first come, first served basis, but as it is free, we have already seen some not particularly great domains listed... We had over 100 applications in the first 30 minutes. The first batch of SDs will go live within the hour.
- All listings will shortly be searchable / sortable by category etc.
- Many of the improvement ideas which were posted involved parking and this launch is definitely not a departure from that rather an addition to it. We still continue to work on improving our parking and there will be some very interesting developments in the coming weeks and over the summer.
- As well as parking developments, we will continue to flesh out this beta launch to include Buy It Now offerings, buyer/seller ratings, auction and a full scale listing service.
- All of this is non commission. We do recommend you use an escrow agent for bigger sales and we're happy to recommend various services such as escrow.com or our friends in Boston for this service.
- I hope the countdown was worth it, even if it was just for the fun of guessing what we'd be doing.

We feel that Spotlight Domains - soon available by RSS - really gives you a great chance to show off your domains to some of the top professionals in the domain industry for a guaranteed time period rather than momentarily and Park&Sell is the only market worldwide for domains based entirely on traffic revenue, so we see a lot of potential there.

I'm sure there'll be more feedback good and bad, the more the better in this case.

We hope you enjoy the new products and look forward to hearing your experiences.

Ed

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a marketplace with revenue stats was exactly what this industry needed. Congratulations, it's a great idea

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RE: RSS Feed.

Will this enable commission on sales?

Phew. Busy 180 minutes...

Hello everyone,

So the secret is out and I'm glad that the reception has been generally positive. I know we couldn't do everything everybody wanted, but we are working on those too.
Just a sort of collective post to expand on some issues.
- It is a bid/ask system. Any bids you make / receive on domains can be found in the ND Factory "Buy domains" "Sell domains" section.
- The spotlights are free for the first 10 days and we will do them as much as possible on a first come, first served basis, but as it is free, we have already seen some not particularly great domains listed... We had over 100 applications in the first 30 minutes. The first batch of SDs will go live within the hour.
- All listings will shortly be searchable / sortable by category etc.
- Many of the improvement ideas which were posted involved parking and this launch is definitely not a departure from that rather an addition to it. We still continue to work on improving our parking and there will be some very interesting developments in the coming weeks and over the summer.
- As well as parking developments, we will continue to flesh out this beta launch to include Buy It Now offerings, buyer/seller ratings, auction and a full scale listing service.
- All of this is non commission. We do recommend you use an escrow agent for bigger sales and we're happy to recommend various services such as escrow.com or our friends in Boston for this service.
- I hope the countdown was worth it, even if it was just for the fun of guessing what we'd be doing.

We feel that Spotlight Domains - soon available by RSS - really gives you a great chance to show off your domains to some of the top professionals in the domain industry for a guaranteed time period rather than momentarily and Park&Sell is the only market worldwide for domains based entirely on traffic revenue, so we see a lot of potential there.

I'm sure there'll be more feedback good and bad, the more the better in this case.

We hope you enjoy the new products and look forward to hearing your experiences.

Ed

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a marketplace with revenue stats was exactly what this industry needed. Congratulations, it's a great idea

This feature is already there in the moniker market place , on domains that are parked with traffic clib

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do the sites saying make an offer, mean that there have been no offers, since there is no present price?
Are there Buy It Nows?
Anyway of asking questions, like where is the traffic comming from, and are there any TM issues, where is it registered, etc.?
Anyway of getter more detailed stats?

Thanks Ed!

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree this is a somewhat refreshing approach towards a domain marketplace.
You guys have great potential as a parking company with some awesome designers and tech guys...put it all to use.
I know I keep bugging about it, but a bi-monthly payout schedule would be THE best thing you could add now.
What do you say, Ed? :smilewinkgrin:

Thanks!

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Fab and SDX,

To answer your questions:
Do the sites saying make an offer, mean that there have been no offers, since there is no present price?
Make Offer is if the persion submitting the domain has not set a guide price but would prefer to receive offers based on the potential buyer's valuation of the domain.

Are there Buy It Nows?
No, but there will be shortly.

Anyway of asking questions, like where is the traffic comming from, and are there any TM issues, where is it registered, etc.?
We will soon have a comments area where you can ask the buyer / seller questions
Anyway of getter more detailed stats?
We will also be bringing out a "send stats to buyer" option so you can see detailed stats of the domain.

SDX - This is something we have considered in the past and I know that some of the smaller providers do offer this as an advantage over other providers. We have over 15,000 clients and make thousands of payouts every month - something which is a very large undertaking in its own right. Making it bi-monthly would be very difficult to complete successfully across all these accounts and would significantly affect, so I'm afraid we won't be offering this any time soon.

Hope this answers your questions.

Ed

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I like companies that actually implement new ideas...I'm giving NameDrive a second chance with some high traffic international domains...we'll see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom