Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameDrive Constructive Criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been using NameDrive for a while, and wanted to comment on my experience thus far.

The first thing I absolutely can't stand about their service, is that the revenue stats aren't presented live. Why is this the case?

I also find that their stats seem to really be lacking as far usability is concerned. I think graphs that can show long term trends are really useful, I can't seem to find this option in the control panel. That brings me to my next criticism, does anyone else find their control panel to be extremely tedious to navigate. They really need to clean the control panel up, and streamline it much more. I find myself wasting a lot of time flipping between pages that seem to present the same information.

The payout seems to be about par with Sedo.

fonzie007

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ND pays better than Sedo, at least with respect to my portfolio. I also believe that ND offers higher payouts than Sedo--this is one of the reasons ND autocorrects your earnings whereas Sedo just gives you a standard rate. Sedo has the risk that the true value of the click may be more or less than their budgeted amount. ND doesn't have this risk--they autocorrect to exactly what the click was worth.

Overall, I'll take ND anyday over Sedo. Not even a contest.

Now, if you are talking about other parking services or even about Sedo Pro, we can have a better comparison of services.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Seraphim,

Thanks for the constructive criticism and Fonze for the support.

The revenue update is simple to explain, however frustrating it is:
We would obviously love to show live PPC data, but we are the only parking company to show you exactly what you made on Google minus our small cut. We report revenue, we do not estimate revenue. The problem with this is that Google does not give live data to any of its partners, so we have to wait until they update the revenue numbers for each domain for the previos day. Once we have this data, we plug it into the system to show you your earnings.

On the control panel, I tend to agree with you. We discussed recently that it is becoming somewhat cluttered, though we have been praised in the last 18 months for having one of the cleanest CPs around - in fact it's oddly something which has often been cited as an advantage. However, we are aware that it needs to be tidied up somewhat and we are in the process of doing so. I'm not aware of any redundant pages, but if you'd care to email me with the pages you feel are showing the same information twice, I'd be happy to look at them in depth with you. Graphs etc are on the way and are something I'm very much a fan of too.

Hope this addresses your points.

Ed

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used several sites but in my opinion ND is the best:
- Always ontime monthly payment.
- Customer service: excellent

The CP is ok except one more feature should be added: A summary screen per name/per month (Sedo has this feature). Right now you can only see the data one month at a time. A summary for each name with the option 1-12 months would be nice.
The data should be in the database - This should not be difficult to implement.

Keep up the good work Ed.

John

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi John,

Thanks for that. The monthly stats thing is on our test database and is due to go live this week. It was held up as a lot of other interesting things are going on with the HP. This should be up Wednesday or Thursday.

Ed

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ed, your customer service is top notch, and I appreciate your reply to this thread. I think with cp and statistic upgrades, you guys will continue pulling a lot of people away from your competitors.

Also, while I have you here, a quick question. I have 600+ domains that I would like to move over to ND from Sedo. One of the reasons I've been really dragging my feet on it, is because of the reoptimization process. Do you offer any sort of services for helping out with optimizing + organizing the domains once they are in my account?

fonzie007

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ed, your customer service is top notch, and I appreciate your reply to this thread. I think with cp and statistic upgrades, you guys will continue pulling a lot of people away from your competitors.

Also, while I have you here, a quick question. I have 600+ domains that I would like to move over to ND from Sedo. One of the reasons I've been really dragging my feet on it, is because of the reoptimization process. Do you offer any sort of services for helping out with optimizing + organizing the domains once they are in my account?

Load them up in your account and send them an email (Parking [at] NameDrive.com) . They assisted me with a similar situation.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What are your opinions of NameDrive when it comes to Adult domains? as far as revenue.

fonzie007

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What are your opinions of NameDrive when it comes to Adult domains? as far as revenue.

I only had a couple of adult domains that I tried at ND before I sold the domains. Revenue was not good. I've heard GoldKey is the best place for adult domains, although I'm certainly no expert in the adult monetization industry.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Seraphim,

I'm afraid you will have to optimize all 600 domains manually.

No, not really. If you get us a CSV download with all your domains and keywords, we can simply upload them all into our system, meaning the job takes us 2 minutes instead of 2 days for you.

As far as adult revnue is concerned, I know that we get a good CTR on our adult domains but Google are not huge fans of adult traffic. It is very dependant on where the traffic originates from, but it is generally 10-20 US cents for US-origin adult traffic.
I have a lot of time for GoldKey, but I know that Yahoo are even stricter against adult terms than Google, so it's hard to imagine they would be particularly good for adult. I may be wrong though.

Ed

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ed.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
As far as adult revnue is concerned, I know that we get a good CTR on our adult domains but Google are not huge fans of adult traffic. It is very dependant on where the traffic originates from, but it is generally 10-20 US cents for US-origin adult traffic.
I have a lot of time for GoldKey, but I know that Yahoo are even stricter against adult terms than Google, so it's hard to imagine they would be particularly good for adult. I may be wrong though.

Ed

I have a ND account and parked 5 adult domains there, the PPC I earned was .05 to .08 cents, far from the 10-20 you quote, the CTR was good as you say 35-40%. At Sedopro, I earn 11-17 cents per click on these same names, but I hate the drastic fluctuation I'm getting at Sedopro, recently all my adult domains took a dive in traffic, thats why I'm looking elsewhere for some consistancy. I havent parked any non adult domains at ND yet, but I just may do so to test the waters.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi RaiderGirl,

Was the adult PPC you mentioned for US traffic? As I say, it is difficult to really predict, but our US adult traffic normally does OK.

Ed

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi RaiderGirl,

Was the adult PPC you mentioned for US traffic? As I say, it is difficult to really predict, but our US adult traffic normally does OK.

Ed

Here is an example of a premium adult domain with type-in traffic only.

These are Sedopro stats where the domain is now.

United States 48.7 %
India (en) 7.6 %
Great Britain 5.7 %
Pakistan (en) 4.4 %
Canada (en) 3.4 %
South Africa 2.2 %

Like I said my epc fluctuates from .11-.17 at Sedopro

and not higher than ..08 at Namedrive.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ooops - just visited one of my sites and saw it - Thank you ED !!!

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Fab,

You're right. We don't have this option. Mainly because we have some people with tens or even hundreds of thousands of domains in their accounts and listing them all outside the folder system would not be much fun for our servers!
One way to see them all and play with stats would be to download everything as a CSV.

Ed

barefoot

Go barefoot!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ND has been down for the past few hours. landing page also not resolving. Anybody else has the same issue?

Yes, I've noticed the same thing myself.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One thing about ND... I keep coming back... I have been trying to make the max out of the traffic I get and I have been experimenting with a few different places, but in the end I always go back to ND and I am pretty sure I always will.. I have just moved my top 2 parked names back to Sedo for a while after short stints at parked and trafficz... I am noticing some higher paying clicks at sedo but my traffic is down... I am going to try to be disciplined enough to leave them there for a full month just so I can have some number for comparison but I know I will move them back to ND...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom