Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameDrive doesn't allow click fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaGa

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
[mod]Former title: ND is the worst in the industry ![/mod]

It is

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you're going to post something like this then how about at least giving a reason why you think they are the worst? (i.e. click prices, service, landing pages, payment, etc)

Your message has no credibility without it.

Is there something not working correctly for you?

Also keep in mind that just because your results aren't good (assuming) doesn't mean it couldn't be the best for someone else.

RaGa

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I opened a ND account with a few domains and within 48 hours my account was blocked. After emailing them several times, they tell me that there was a spike in traffic.

The fact is that:

1. The traffic to my domains was either 0 or in single digits, where is the question of a traffic spike.

2. How did ND determine a traffic spike on a new account ?

I have emailed them 5 times, to share their data with me, BUT they just do not do so.

Has any one faced similar siutation ? How do I proceed on this ?

I just came across this post by ED of ND, at http://www.dnforum.com/thread154448.html

"

Nado,

I think this is the way Google sees the traffic. As I discussed with you last week by mail, Google wants traffic to be as natural as possible on the domains - i.e. type-in and existing search engine sources. However, it seems that 1003 of the 1058 views were coming from sources other than this - by the looks of things some sort of PTR source. Google sees this as nothing more than spam traffic and pays it very poorly. I appreciate that you've stopped this traffic since I wrote to you, but it remains to be seen how Google will pay for it now that the traffic has returned to 'normal'.

Ed

"

As you can see that this guy had more than a 1,000 plus hits as traffic, which was NOT natural as mentioned by ED, BUT ED still emailed him and DID NOT block his account ! AND allow Google to take the call on his revenues ! WOW !

WOW, such a DISCRIMINATORY ATTITUDE by ND !!

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bit harsh..

If you are breaking the rules then you deserve to get your account blocked. You not only hurt the program with this sort of traffic you affect all us domainers.

All the other programs would of taken the same action in this case. (just like sedo when they reset all your stats http://www.dnforum.com/post821228-3.html)

Unless you can prove otherwise I suggest you clean up your act and play fair.

RaGa

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namestrands,

It seems that you have NOT read my points 1 and 2, and EDs post. Does 0 or a single digit mean anything in traffic ?

Regarding, Sedo, on further inquiry, I have come to know that it was the change of the month that reset all the stats. So, there was NO reset by Sedo.

It is amazing to me that you chose to overlook ED's actions.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I totally support NameDrives action on terminating people who try to abuse the system.

Unless you can show valid proof that you are not to blame I suggest you put up or shut up.

Click Fraud and Fake Traffic is Unacceptable, no matter what program you use, so dont feel alienated. I am confident that any other honest program would do the same.

RaGa

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namestrand,

It seems that you have NOT read my post and ED's post. You are contradicting what you support.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have looked at the traffic on the domains and the account was not blocked because of a traffic spike but because of the activity on the names. We have several measures in place to prevent click fraud, and this account set every bell ringing on every count.
For example, 23 character .info domain with 6 "type-ins" a day and $3500 RPM. 70% CTR and oddly enough exactly the same behavioural patterns as 2 of your other domains.
The majority of all clicks showed people who behaved in exactly the same manner, we track a lot of things to prevent self-clicking and we have all the evidence we need to prove that this is the case.
You also cannot possibly compare the Nado situation you used as this was a completely different context. Oh, and he only made 23 cents.

We do everything within our power to stamp out any click fraud in the industry and take an extremely aggressive attitude against it.

Ed

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raga, given NameDriver's response, do you have any further comment to substantiate your accusations before this thread is x-filed?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why would you x-file? as this stands as a warning to other fraudsters who think they can screw the system and then expect that their rhetoric will somehow absolve them.

RaGa

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The fact is that:

1. The traffic to my domains was either 0 or in single digits, where is the question of a traffic spike. Please check your stats.

2. How did ND determine a traffic spike on a new account ?

The Nado situation, is NOT similar to mine, I agree, because his traffic was as you mentioned, unnatural and 1,000++ hits. You did not block the account and you allowed Google to call the shot on the revenue.

The way you have responded to the two situations is very different and have made allegations without providing me any data from your side. You have acted brashly.

This is my n th request to you to please email me the data.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have looked at the traffic on the domains and the account was not blocked because of a traffic spike but because of the activity on the names

We don't need a large amount of traffic to detect fraudulent activity.

I'm happy for this thread not to be x-filed as long as the less-than-objective title is renamed, knowing how much DNF is indexed by Google. If we're not allowed any self-aggrandisement, I'd appreciate no defamation.

RaGa

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. You have made serious allegations and have STILL NOT provided me with the evidence / data that you claim you have. Why do you shy away from sending me the data ?

How can you make allegations against me, when you do NOT provide me the data / evidence, that you so claim to have. Please email it to me.

2. You have acted in a unilateral and discriminatory manner. You have promoted click fraud in Nados case and let the revenue decision be taken by Google ! Shouldn't you have prevented click fraud in that case by letting google know what happened, after all the clicks were in the 1,000++ range.

You make false allegations against me and support click fraud on the other hand. Please walk the talk.

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He didn't "support" click fraud. Please re-read it. The decision was left to Google.

Read the TOS at any/all parking services you host at. I'm sure you will find that none of them need to give you any proof whatsoever to ban your account. Why would a provider want to help a fraudster out with data that shows how they got caught?

They are not going to WANT TO BAN your account because they will loose money in the long run and have to deal with bullsh*t like this in forums.

NameDriver has already told you that your account was banned for fraud.

Most of the people who aren't new and visit this forum KNOW that none of the parking providers ban people UNLESS THEY ARE SURE fraud has taken place.

Stop trying to drag other things into your problem. It has nothing to do with YOUR CASE.

Anyone committing click fraud is hurting every other person here and in our industry in one way or another and we don't appreciate it.

So maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "ND is the worst in the industry, because they don't allow click FRAUD!" :)

BRAVO ND!

xtc

Inactive User
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
70% CTR on six type-ins @ $3500 RPM across two other domains is about as egregious as it gets. ND's been first class about payment, landers, keywords, and support. It's good to know they've refined the click fraud safeguards as well. Keep up the excellent work.

chumba

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have acted in a unilateral and discriminatory manner

You were not discriminated against, so lay off the term. If what Ed says is true - and I have no reason to think it isn't - then you are way out of line, and NameDrive did exactly what they should've done - cancel your account. Unless, of course, you've got some secret behind converting 23-character dot infos into type-in goldmines.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it appears that all that has happened here is that RAGA's rhetoric is his own undoing as I am sure all the other parking programs will be taking note.

Give it up RaGa, admit defeat, as the hole you have just dug for yourself is deeper than the Grand Canyon. Unless you can come up with something more than the tripe you have thrown at us, I do not see any domainer or program that takes part in this WORLD FAMOUS forum ever trusting you.

However if by some act of God or Intelligence that you have a system that can covert traffic in this manner then believe me I will sit by your feet with A can of Redbull and some butter popcorn and I will happily listen to your tales of domain marketing, for if what you say is true I will bow down and call you master.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
RaGa always writes same stuff, is he a bot or something?

I think he clicked on his ads using proxies, typical newbie. Scammers hate when legit companies kick them out. His reaction is so typical.

Thanks ND for your good job.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameDrive is GREAT, shame on you RaGa, you ruine the system and deserve punishment, if you don`t like NameDrive I`m sure you can find an alternative but don`t hope you can find an alternative where you can cheat for long before to be punished again.

rejli

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, ND is the worst. Traffic from Poland in ND - 0 cent per click :) They dont response for my question in other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom