Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Namedrive,"suspended account" without any notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovely888

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I try to login my ND account today,Just see "Your account has been suspended".

ED,you suspend any account not so much as an explanation ?.:angry: :angry:

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's sad to hear from ND. I hope Ed will explain you the reason

lovely888

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maxo said:
That's sad to hear from ND. I hope Ed will explain you the reason
Yep,REALLY SAD!

Still waiting ED's explanation:-(

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Send me a mail or PM me with your login and I'll send you an explanation.

Ed

P.S. We only do this in cases of click fraud that are 100% clear.

This is a market that cannot support click fraud of any kind. Just because we are new doesn't mean that we don't know what fraud traffic is. We appreciate that we could have been a soft touch for fakers in our early days, but this time is at an end. We will naturally always ask in cases of doubt, but where there is no doubt, we have no other choice.
Click fraud destroys individual parking companies' PPC and destroys the market in general. We have no tolerance for fake traffic.

It appears we are not alone on this.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=116187

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed,

I do totally agree with you. The click fraud should be prohibited, but I think you should at least warn the customers regarding that. Just suspending account without a notice, does not seem a nice gesture from your side.

There are some cases, when the domain name receives unknown illegal traffic (Expired for example) which is against the terms and conditions and the owner does not have an idea about that.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In defense of Namedrive, not saying thread starter was involved but click fraud is huge in ppc.

We have started closing quite a few accounts due to suspected click fraud.

This does not mean they are doing it or we have proof we will show, it just means the customer is not worth the risk to the ppc provider.

-=DCG=-

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks DGC.

Maxo, I entirely agree with you. As I say, we would never do anything like this unless we have proof of sustained, repeated, malicious click fraud. One rogue domain or a couple of rogue domains in an account wouldn't prompt serious action, but where fraudulent behaviour is obviously at play, then we must have and do have a 0 tolerance policy. There are so many parking companies around that people can simply make a living hopping from one to the next. Disgustig but reality. One tactic that is being employed that we are seeing is people pretending to be a) women who don't know what they're doing (not saying anything about our female customers who number among our best, but I have ssen some crazy emails) or b) 'newbies' to make us feel sorry for them that they couldn't possibly generate such obviously fake traffic. I wonder where these people all go to meet.

Our current status means that we have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but I spent the last three months of my previous job almost exclusively dealing with click fraud, so I know it when I see it. It kills PPC for us, for you guys and for the industry and, with the growth of the industry is sadly rampant.

Ed

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think they closed your account for a reason.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameDriver said:
Thanks DGC.

Maxo, I entirely agree with you. As I say, we would never do anything like this unless we have proof of sustained, repeated, malicious click fraud. One rogue domain or a couple of rogue domains in an account wouldn't prompt serious action, but where fraudulent behaviour is obviously at play, then we must have and do have a 0 tolerance policy. There are so many parking companies around that people can simply make a living hopping from one to the next. Disgustig but reality. One tactic that is being employed that we are seeing is people pretending to be a) women who don't know what they're doing (not saying anything about our female customers who number among our best, but I have ssen some crazy emails) or b) 'newbies' to make us feel sorry for them that they couldn't possibly generate such obviously fake traffic. I wonder where these people all go to meet.

Our current status means that we have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but I spent the last three months of my previous job almost exclusively dealing with click fraud, so I know it when I see it. It kills PPC for us, for you guys and for the industry and, with the growth of the industry is sadly rampant.

Ed

Ed,

That's right. It is in our interest as well to prevent click fraud because it hits both publishers and advertisers as well as the industry itself. Keep up the good job Ed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom