Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

namedrive vs sedo pro any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namedrive vs sedo pro any thoughts? Anyone tried both before? Who do you prefer?

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
according to what sedo told me there's about 1000 people in sedopro. i was recently rejected by them altought i earn more than enough compared to their requirements. they dont like non-western eu or us traffic, even it's pure type-in. currently im testing my domains at namedrive and many seem to work a lot better than at sedo

Avensen

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
according to what sedo told me there's about 1000 people in sedopro. i was recently rejected by them altought i earn more than enough compared to their requirements. they dont like non-western eu or us traffic, even it's pure type-in. currently im testing my domains at namedrive and many seem to work a lot better than at sedo

Thank you for the information. I would test NameDrive, but they aren't secure enough for me (there is no https web interface, it's stone age).

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
currently im testing my domains at namedrive and many seem to work a lot better than at sedo

I'm getting more money at ND for my domains, specially european financial services related. I've seen single clicks beyond 5$ at ND, while at sedo I get something like 20 cents.

I usually try sedo for domains which perform poorly at ND - usually only to discover that their performance is even worse at sedo.

Industry gossip has it that ND pays out a slighly bigger share of google earnings than sedo.

Sedo's kafkaesque german bureaucracy and dismal customer service are the reasons why I personally never bothered to make any serious trials with them however (...and yes, I was also turned down for sedo pro. When I asked why, they told me I didn't meet the 200$ per month earnings requirement. How would they know? Beats me).

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been rejected by Sedopro 10 month ago because I am TOO BIG:
"We just want to make sure that this program is perfect before fully releasing
it on the market to larger accounts such as yours". No answer since then...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
"Sedo's kafkaesque german bureaucracy".

Statement of the week!

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I would test NameDrive, but they aren't secure enough for me (there is no https web interface, it's stone age).

Why do you need https for parking ?

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im have tested some of my domains at Sedo and Namedrive. So far, I'd say that some perform better at Sedo and others at Namedrive. Im particularly happy with business domains at Namedrive as the new templates are simply amazing. Perhaps if properly optimized most of the domains could perform better at Namedrive. Then again, very specific non-commercial domains work nicely at Sedo.

Avensen

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why do you need https for parking ?
Because it's very easy to monitor and record any http traffic; your passwords are sent in plain text. Just mirror all traffic on a switch port and set a sniffer software. I don't want to share my domain stats and ideas.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SedoPRO is working great for me...
(only the income this month has been pretty low)

Namedrive is improving the landing pages but, the income is pretty low

would you mind sharing what kind of domains these are (for which payout is better at sedo)?

cheers,
mathias

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At least for me domains related to cinemas, horoscopes, news pay out better at Sedo, also some other very very specific domains

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
news pay out better at Sedo

interesting. my news domains didn't work at sedo. these scandinavian domains get (average for about 8 domains) a bit more than 10% ctr and sligthly more than 10 cent per click at namedrive. I moved some of them to sedo for a few days, where they fetched 4 cents per click at 5% click through. Maybe I should try again - I wonder if there's something I'm doing wrong with sedo.

Anyway, my ctr for these news domains has improved continuously at namedrive though, probably because related links keep getting better in some cases. For some tabloid newspaper typos I recently switched to the adult icon template, which also works very well, even with somwhat unrelated (adult) related links.

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
my traffic mostly comes from baltic states (Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia) and news domain get about 5 eurocents per click at Sedo, while only 3 eurocents at Namedrive. Part of the news traffic (about 15%) comes from the UK and gets much more (around 18 eurocents).

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
using both sedo and namedrive , i have to say : they both have their faults :

sedo : templates and RPC stink

namedrive : low click value on many keywords and customer service is horrible ( no reply to pm's)

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now sedo is catching up...
They now have namedrive's faults as well! :)

using both sedo and namedrive , i have to say : they both have their faults :

sedo : templates and RPC stink

namedrive : low click value on many keywords and customer service is horrible ( no reply to pm's)

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Namedrive isnt anything much better compared to Sedo. I see them as similar in terms of what I earn. Just that some domains earn better at Sedo and others at Namedrive

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For my names namedrive has historically underperformed sedo by at least 10%.

Those names are of course being re-tested again this week at ND because of the current situation at sedo. Hopefully the new templates help.

Avensen

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Asian traffic, PPC:
Sedo: 3-4 Euro cents;
Namedrive: 1 USA cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom