Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameJet - Enom - Policy to Cancel / Refund successfully-won auction for "any reason?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a situation where you won a domain auction at NameJet, and then reversed the auction and refunded your money, and then refused to answer what the reason was, AND then put the domain back up for backorder/auction?

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it was an expiring domain? They auction of private domains as well with reserve. price.

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it was an expiring domain? They auction of private domains as well with reserve. price.

In a reply, they stated, "We regret to inform you that a domain you recently purchased through a pre-release auction has been cancelled by the registrar of record, as allowed by the NameJet Agreement. We are not provided with specific details and therefore do not have any further information to provide."

The registrar of record is Enom. So I called their support and I was informed the domain could once again be backordered by this evening. But I asked for the "REASON" why the auction/purchase was reversed, but they refused, or could not give me a reason.

darwish

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it happened with me before 4 months , the same story .

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please clarify this... is the name actually back up for a pending AUCTION or just available to back-order? There is a difference... you can backorder any name you wish to, that does not mean it will ever get auctioned.

What this sounds like is that the previous owner did actually recover their domain name (per NJ policy) and it is not being put back into auction, but of course it can be put in for your "wish list".

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has happened with me for a Register.com name on a pre-release...except they never charged me.

I am interested to hear more. I do not trust enom at all, but I have not experienced anything like that with enom.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are so many very shady things going on at namejet - I get about one a week...I love the one where they let the Registrar actively bid on their name when you are the only one in the auction....but they are the only show in town for the best drops...so not sure what to do except be pissed off and feel cheated everyweek.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I too was bidding on a domain and there were also about 10 other bidders .Then Namejet pulled the domain and it was then registered to one of their "favourites" I guess and auction did not go ahead. I pinned them down and eventually they said sorry but Enom can do as they wish. Domain was PearlQatar.com
I rarely use Namejet anymore as they are unethical.

DG

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

The person then listed it on SEDO using email [email protected] (do search and will see some results for that email). I think will show is someone known to Enom/Namejet

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom