Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

NameJet HELP needed. Phone number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just paid my AmEx bill online.

I noticed three charges to NameJet.

When I logged into my NameJet account, there were three auctions won showing in my account that were the SAME THREE I CANCELED when the brewhaha about NameJet started. The auctions are listing completion dates of 11/6/09

Not to mention, NOT ONLY WERE THESE BILLED TO MY AMEX CARD AFTER REMOVING FROM THEM FROM MY BACKORDERING ACCOUNT,

I HAVE NOT EVEN RECEIVED NOTICE OF WINNING THESE THREE AUCTIONS!

Can someone give me the name and number I should contact?

I'd rather clear this up first with NameJet before going to American Express.

Vjizzle

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've had some success opening a help ticket to let them know the charges (and applicable account numbers if you have them). I've been reimbursed within a week on 5 domain names that I had issues with and they've always been really good about responding quickly and taking care of everything.

Good luck!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is such bullshit.

I just spoke with someone.

The three names that I backordered, I canceled before they were caught.
On all three names, there were between 4 and 8 more people that had submitted a back order.
I asked the person, if there were more than one person who had backordered, shouldn't that name have gone to auction?
The answer was yes.
We looked at one example.
In this example, all four other people entered an order for the minimum bid, $69.
This is where it gets confusing.
I was told that since I had entered a higher amount than the minimum, I get it for that amount.
Why did this not go to auction?
It did, I was told, and I won?
Where is the bidding, I asked?
What you entered, I was told.
But there was no proxy? no bidding? I simply won it for the amount I was willing to go?
Yes, I was told.
But there was no auction - look at the example I am giving you.
In this case, I was told, I should have gotten the name for $69.00 instead of the other amount because I entered $69 first.
Then why was I charged the higher amount?
Because that is the amount I was willing to go, I was told.
Do you mean that if I entered $1500.00 and everyone else entered $69.00 I would not be charged another amount or this would not go to auction but you would charge me $1500.00???
If that is how much you entered and were willing to go then yes, you would have been charged $1500.00. If you were not willing to pay that much for a domain then don't enter that amount.
So, there was no auction for this domain. You are simply "giving" it to me because I entered a higher amount than the other four bidders.
Yes, I was told.

All three backorders were done this way.
One had 8 other bidders.
There was no auction, no proxy bidding.
I was awarded each domain based on what I would have bid.
I was then told to not enter any more than $69

WTF!!!

Vjizzle

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh.....That's quite a load of BS. Why don't you just say that the bids you placed were not correct? Send a ticket through the help desk instead of calling. That worked for me. I won auctions that they charged me for, but told them I mistakenly placed the bid. I was then given a refund (unless their policies have changed since then).

Vjizzle

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You opened your back account to us by giving your bank account number.
So, we took what is in there.

You are the one who gave us the account number!

What is your problem? - Oh you don't have any more money!
Dha! we don't take any more from your account until you fund it again!

Make sure not to find that account more than what you want us to take from it.

Bunch of crap! - You may talk to an attorney

Are you for real? Besides multiple spelling errors and the slightest grasp of the English language, your post barely makes any sense. Do you work for Namejet or were you just trying to be funny? :?: :lol:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But is this how this backorder or pre=release crap works?

Perhaps I missed it or purely messed up.

But since when is a domain won on a back order based on what someone is willing to pay but never having to go to an auction?

If there is someone from NameJet viewing this or a member of DNF, please contact me.

I do not appreciate the talk,

well, you could have done this,
there is an auction,
there is not an auction
yes you won,
your should have only been charged this
but we are going to charge you this

Total BS.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not sure about what happened here, only Namejet can resolve this via the ticket system (no luck with phone #) however I learned from auctions where the highest bidder didn't pay, the 2nd highest bid became the top bid for the reauction (in which case, I had to ask them to remove me as I had lost interest). It seems in the auctions you participated in all the others canceled and you were stuck with the top amount as the sole participant?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems in the auctions you participated in all the others canceled and you were stuck with the top amount as the sole participant?
It does seem like that, in a sense.

In all three examples below, there was never an auction. All three were awarded to me for the initial amount I entered.

There was no proxy bidding.
There was no notice of bidding.
There was no notice of winning.

I only found this today when examining my AmEx bill. That is the CC on file with NJ.

These were supposed to be Private Auctions.

namejet%202.jpg

namejet%203.jpg

namejet%204.jpg

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I find it improbable that all the others pulled out of the auctions; as a matter of fact, those with a timestamp of 7:5x PM entered in the nick of time.

Even if you entered $69 in some, you were the 1st bidder therefore you win if others bid the same amount. Also, your max bid is not a proxy at Namejet, it's an advance, so yes - they are correct that if you bid $1,500 that's your starting bid; anyone could participate until the closing time with a $69 bid.

Check and see when the charges occurred; if they were made on Nov. 5th then an auction took place and somehow you never received email notifications of its start and subsequent status.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All were pre-release private auctions, all "auctions" started on Nov. 3, scheduled to run for three days, all auctions were billed to my credit card on Nov 6. for the precise amount of my maximum proxy bid, not a penny more or penny less.

There is NO BIDDING history for any of these auctions other than what I posted.

Honestly, this whole ordeal perplexes me.

I have solved the notification thing - my bad, old email address.

But the non-bidding auction thing???

There is a 4th auction on this day that I lost which shows the bidders and their bidder amounts - 15 bids from 13 bidders. In that auction, you can clearly see the head-to-head bids.

Even if you entered $69 in some, you were the 1st bidder therefore you win if others bid the same amount.
That is precisely how it was explained to me and the way their TOS reads.

Also, your max bid is not a proxy at Namejet, it's an advance, so yes - they are correct that if you bid $1,500 that's your starting bid; anyone could participate until the closing time with a $69 bid.
Fortunately, the 1500 was an arbitrary number I used with this guy (and on here).

Important Notes:

* All Auctions and listings: Standard Domain registration fees are included in bid.
* Purchases above $5,000: These purchases can only be processed with a wire transfer.

* All Auctions: Bids cannot be withdrawn or deleted.
* All Auctions: A bid within the last 5 minutes extends the auction close 5 minutes.
* Proxy bid: We will automatically bid on your behalf UP TO your maximum bid.

* All Auctions: To bid more than $2500 on combined auctions you must be a Verified Bidder

For full list of rules & regulations please review the FAQ and the Terms of Use.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I know it's frustrating, Gerry, but it's simple:

To participate in an auction, anyone can join UNTIL 7:59 PM Pacific with a bid of at least $69. In fact, you can bid $70 or $10,000. At that point, it's irrelevant. As long as you bid over $69 you're in.

Here's the catch: That'll be your starting bid though. If you were to win the auction, that starting amount you entered is what you get charged. It's not a proxy.

Because nobody else bid above the $69 they all started with, you won these auctions; if you only bid $69 and you did so being first, again you win. Unfortunately, you entered a higher amount, which ends up being what you pay - being the winner.

The only issue I'm seeing is that you got no notifications of the auctions starting, daily on-going reports and auctions ending.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc - Hope you get this straightened out to your satisfaction.

Regarding your auctions: I don't understand why people enter a $69 bid right before the deadline, when they have no intention of bidding higher and they can see that others have already bid. That means they have no chance to get the domain. (I've won some nice domains recently by being the first one to bid $69, then having others join in but nobody make a higher bid.) NameJet's system being what it is, those people's behavior doesn't make sense.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Nobody can see eachother's bids prior to the cutoff time to enter the auction. You can only see what the highest bid is. Past that time, you can see the bids, obviously. And sometimes people intent to bid up the last minute and they change their mind or they forget. I lost a few good auctions recently by forgetting they were ending that day.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's the catch: That'll be your starting bid though. If you were to win the auction, that starting amount you entered is what you get charged. It's not a proxy.

Because nobody else bid above the $69 they all started with, you won these auctions; if you only bid $69 and you did so being first, again you win. Unfortunately, you entered a higher amount, which ends up being what you pay - being the winner.
Who in the hell ever thought of this format should be tazered. Repeatedly.

Unquestionably the wackiest auction format I have ever seen. In essence, the three items I participated in was not an auction. It was a matter of whoever submitted the highest amount got it. It was not a back-and-forth auction format and there were no proxy bids made.

Your explanation makes the situation much clearer but still distasteful.

Update:

a BIG THANK YOU to Steve Brown, General Manager NameJet, who read this thread and responded via PM.

Admittedly, I did not know that there were two different auction formats at NameJet; a backorder and a pre-release.

After reading this thread, Steve has given me the benefit of the doubt and refunded the difference between the amount I entered (that I presumed was a proxy bid amount) and the actual sale price ($69.00) since I was, in fact, the first person to have entered that amount in each of the auctions and no auction took place.

Many thanks to Steve (and to Theo -aka Acro) for taking the time in this thread and this matter to add some clarity to the various formats.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom